Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

bolt on Mach 1 destroyed modded LS1

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 04:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Only GM would put an axle in a car that can't even hold up to the stock engine.
My car is proof of this being true. Broke it bone stock, on the street, with 245 street tires, while already moving. 10 bolt = MEGA FAIL. Still have the cracked posi and de-teethed (<--) ring and pinion.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick
My car is proof of this being true. Broke it bone stock, on the street, with 245 street tires, while already moving. 10 bolt = MEGA FAIL. Still have the cracked posi and de-teethed (<--) ring and pinion.
Do your ring and pinion also happen to drive a camaro?

LoL
Old 10-08-2010, 04:50 PM
TECH Regular

Why does everyone get butthurt when a Mustang "destroys" a LS1? lol

Niiice kill, Stopsign32v
Old 10-08-2010, 04:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gaunt
Do your ring and pinion also happen to drive a camaro?

LoL

Originally Posted by Ruthless909
Why does everyone get butthurt when a Mustang "destroys" a LS1? lol
Because people do not think anything is better than an aged SBC with neat heads in a rattle trap of a car. Idiots tend to believe that whatever they drive is best, and fail to realize that "there is always someone faster." Pretty much a ricer mentality, and the term "ricer" does not apply to a specific brand.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:02 PM
TECH Regular

You're an idiot. Z28s are turds. Now if it was a RAM AIR SS, mustang boy woulda got smoked.
SS, what does that stand for? Super Slow?

Ha, Ha, Haaaa...............
Old 10-08-2010, 05:18 PM
12 Second Club

Supa Sick, yo.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:24 PM
TECH Regular

Werd!
Old 10-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by crazyelf
I think I'm gunna join a mustang forum and start posting about all the mustang I DESTROY. C'mon on man would destroy be the correct word to use? Maybe you edged out a camaro with a passenger and probably a cat back exhaust. Nice kill anyways though!
Maybe destroyed was alittle far fetched..."modded LS1 got walked" would have been a better use of words I guess. Even if it did only have a catback, that would have made it modded. I never said it was full bolt ons. Anyways, now if it would have been from a dig it for sure would have been DESTROYED. Mach 1s have torque and 4 camshafts, not to mention 32 valves.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:33 PM
On The Tree

Stop knows his **** well enough to tell whether its modded or a hole in the muffler. Come on, we don't need excuses. Even the "almighty" LS1 can get beat.
I have no doubt that Stop knows his stuff - I've seen his posts here and on other forums, but I'm not going to hug his sack and defend him. He stated the Camaro was modded when it probably had only an exhaust and yet he calls his just a 'bolt-on' (last I checked, bolt-on's were modifications and he's got his fair share...).

From way he described it and the fact that he let off by 70mph WAY ahead of the Camaro, it seems to me the 'old fart' was just playing with him and had just goosed it real good to get him to play and then let off. I don't call that a 'race' - it's just screwing around on the streets (although the popo would definitely consider otherwise)

But, we'll just go ahead and say it was 'destruction' to appease the masses............

Bird
Old 10-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bird
He stated the Camaro was modded when it probably had only an exhaust
Hmmmmm I see what you are saying...
Old 10-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Because people do not think anything is better than an aged SBC with neat heads in a rattle trap of a car. Idiots tend to believe that whatever they drive is best, and fail to realize that "there is always someone faster." Pretty much a ricer mentality, and the term "ricer" does not apply to a specific brand.
Now that's what I'm talking about! Someone else here actually has a set of ***** and isn't afraid to call it like it is. Good post...damned near brought a tear to my eye.

Stopsign - I'm calling on your kill. The almighty LS1 can never be beaten!
Old 10-08-2010, 09:25 PM
On The Tree

Good kill...
Old 10-08-2010, 10:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Nice to see ya back Kevin.
Yea it has been absolutely crazy, lately in my life. Aug 14th was my birthday, Aug 17th my dad had to put down my first dog which was basically my mom's dog (my mom passed away in 2002), Aug 22nd I found my dad in bed after suffering a heart attack in the middle of the night and passed away in his sleep, in mid Sept my g/f and I found out we are expecting our first child, and in about a month on Nov 27th we are getting married. Didn't want to **** on your FB post with all that but like I told you, it has been crazy lately. Still unsure if I'm going to be able to keep my Mustangs or not. Never know what life has in store for us. A new job just landed in my lap making over double what I've been making. So has been alot of sadness and excitement at the same time. I'm pretty worn out honestly but have no time to just relax.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TransAm Bandit
anytime I raced ANY TYPE OF mustang i could beat Them so easy .
i dont thing z28 is too much slower than ss camaro
the Lid and Cat back with make ss fly?
Old 10-08-2010, 11:04 PM
TECH Regular

Woah, woah, WOAH...

Hold on...

Are you saying there are cars out there that are quicker or better than my Jeep Grand Cherokee with the almighty 360 magnum?!?!

Bull ****.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:56 PM
On The Tree

Mine too, with the stock 3.42's and a six speed i down shifted to 3rd to run a lt1 vette when i first got my car, as soon as i hit it something popped. The exact words out of my mechanics mouth when he pulled the cover and called me was, "Its gonna cost a little more to fix than i thought, the carrier exploded." When i went up to look he gave me a box full of chunks lol.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:07 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by unit213
Now that's what I'm talking about! Someone else here actually has a set of ***** and isn't afraid to call it like it is. Good post...damned near brought a tear to my eye.
Do I win a spot as a mod?

Someone in the LS1 world had to say it. We all know if you or stopsign or any other guy on here who does not (currently) own an LSx said it, that it would start a giant flame fest and bullshit war about how great these crap cars are and how the LS1 is. LS1

An LS1 f-body is the new 5.0 guys, and I don't mean the badass new one...that's a giant discussion in it's own right.

Originally Posted by TransAm Bandit
anytime I raced ANY TYPE OF mustang i could beat Them so easy .
i dont thing z28 is too much slower than ss camaro
the Lid and Cat back with make ss fly?
You must not be racing any modded mustangs. And I was being sarcastic about the SS > Z28. LS1 = LS1 = LS1.

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Yea it has been absolutely crazy, lately in my life. Aug 14th was my birthday, Aug 17th my dad had to put down my first dog which was basically my mom's dog (my mom passed away in 2002), Aug 22nd I found my dad in bed after suffering a heart attack in the middle of the night and passed away in his sleep, in mid Sept my g/f and I found out we are expecting our first child, and in about a month on Nov 27th we are getting married. Didn't want to **** on your FB post with all that but like I told you, it has been crazy lately. Still unsure if I'm going to be able to keep my Mustangs or not. Never know what life has in store for us. A new job just landed in my lap making over double what I've been making. So has been alot of sadness and excitement at the same time. I'm pretty worn out honestly but have no time to just relax.
WOW. That is one hell of a stretch for ya. I'm sorry and happy for you at the same time. Hopefully you can keep those turds in the garage. Don't worry about unloading on my FB, I dump all those race vids and random **** all over it anyways.

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
Woah, woah, WOAH...

Hold on...

Are you saying there are cars out there that are quicker or better than my Jeep Grand Cherokee with the almighty 360 magnum?!?!

Bull ****.
MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!!1!!!one!!!!!!1!1!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2010, 12:50 AM
Teching In

Move
Over
Punk
Ass
Ricer
Old 10-09-2010, 01:03 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Maybe destroyed was alittle far fetched..."modded LS1 got walked" would have been a better use of words I guess. Even if it did only have a catback, that would have made it modded. I never said it was full bolt ons. Anyways, now if it would have been from a dig it for sure would have been DESTROYED. Mach 1s have torque and 4 camshafts, not to mention 32 valves.
HAHAHA your talking like ls1's dont produce **** for torque. what do your multiple cams and 32 valves have to do with it? Mod for mod our ls1 vs your 32 valve 4 cam engine we will still produce more hp and tq across the board. oh not to mention gm also produced a 32 valve dohc engine called the lt5 and even back in 1990 it made 400hp and was seriously de-tuned. The only engine I congratulate ford on yet is the new 5.0
Old 10-09-2010, 01:05 AM
TECH Regular

^^^lmao

Quick Reply: bolt on Mach 1 destroyed modded LS1