Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ricer sadly smashed his VTEC'ed shell into the wall!! RACING ME, WHY???

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by samz28
happened to me on the first week i had my ls1 (Stock a4 2.73) a 2001-2002 mustang gt wanted some. after i walked him, he did the loser drive-by, nearly clipping a car. Needless to say the wife wasn't amused, and i refused to race again on the freeway. Stupid kids. Almost took out an innocent person because he was mad and i dunno exactly what the point of the loser fly-by is. You lost, just turn off and go home with your ford tail tucked. Be a man. everyones gonna lose sometime doesn't mean you have to be a loser and get angry.
Ricer in a domestic. **** happens
Old 01-31-2004, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by License2Ill
Mod that pic is horrible dood, that's a child, it doesn't look like a spoof either. More like a cruel day for him. Bad taste the pics in bad taste.
Bro, I did NOT post that picture. Please don't pin that on me. I would never do that.
Old 01-31-2004, 09:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ricers around here either act like they don't see me, or they lose their mind and start flying through traffic to "beat" me. They are a curious species. I don't mess around with them because they do not know the rules, and are a waste of gas. They think driving like the actors in F&F are the rules.
Old 02-01-2004, 04:58 AM
dug
Banned

I saw same thing once once. Some kid was driving a stock looking toyota camry. Weaving through traffic like a nut then spun the car out like this guy and hit the middle wall. Unfortunatly causing 2 other cars to wreck when they swerved to avoid him. One of them was a van and tipped over onto its side. Quite a mess. Didnt look like anyone got hurt.

But yeah I think ricers become over confident with the handling of front drive cars. At normal speeds they understeer like mad during hard cornering. However when going fast they can oversteer, especially when changing directions back and forth. large steering input at high speeds is bad no matter what the car.
Old 02-01-2004, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dug
I saw same thing once once. Some kid was driving a stock looking toyota camry. Weaving through traffic like a nut then spun the car out like this guy and hit the middle wall. Unfortunatly causing 2 other cars to wreck when they swerved to avoid him. One of them was a van and tipped over onto its side. Quite a mess. Didnt look like anyone got hurt.

But yeah I think ricers become over confident with the handling of front drive cars. At normal speeds they understeer like mad during hard cornering. However when going fast they can oversteer, especially when changing directions back and forth. large steering input at high speeds is bad no matter what the car.
the problem lies in the fact that since kids are the ones who try to make import cars fast...the typical teenage mentality of "im invincible" sets in....they cant actually see themselves wrecking till theyre sitting on the curb playing the scene back in their head and needing a change of underwear.....

now im 18 so dont think im knocking on kid drivers....but i KNOW what not to do on the road...do i drive fast? yea occasionally....IN A STRAIGHT LINE....my car doesnt even have a front swaybar anymore and yet i dont seem to be swerving into center dividers????hmmm?????when there are other people around common decency and more importantly common sense really should overcome the childish need to hammer the gas pedal and start weaving through innocent motorists....
Old 02-01-2004, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DeepBlueZ
IN A STRAIGHT LINE....my car doesnt even have a front swaybar anymore and yet i dont seem to be swerving into center dividers????hmmm?????.
ouch that hurts
.... i still dont understand how people spin front wheel drive cars you gotta be trying to pull somthing like that off...
as far as body kits go i understand if your car ant fast and you want to make it look good... but good dosent alwase mean a carbon copy of every car that you see on the road.... **** if that were the case we would all be driving stock cars... and lets face it no one wants that.
Old 02-01-2004, 07:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea it is kinda biased to say FWD defines RICE. Well there some reasoning behind it though FWD was never intended for performance it was a savings plot by manufacturers to decrease cost and also for Snow. I honestly feel that FWD have a purpose and it has absolutely nothing to do with performance. Then I stop and look there are little if ANY RWD rice cars. Except of course like you guys said ppl do force rice out of anything.
Show cars are cool and anything can be made into one or a sound car. But performance to me is having a heritage in it. And FWD just doesn't, to me even american FWD is just rice usually if you pop that hood you see rice. but thats just 1 opinion. I guess there is different classes or levels.....heheheh...of rice....there's full blown rice or there is rice that actually performs to a certain level and is acceptable to some. I am biased it's true rice is just rice, to me performance is RWD or AWD. anything else just lacking, the strenght, the potential, and makes you wonder if you wanted performance why didn't you go RWD? But everyones different.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thats the way ricers learn there lesson's....they are juss a buch
of dumbassess...too much of fast and the furious sh%t...
nways, thats a kill in my book..
Old 02-02-2004, 12:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

hey cudeah im sorry man...i know what happened to your car wasnt the fault of stupid driving....i was talking in general....dont take it personal.
Old 02-02-2004, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DeepBlueZ
hey cudeah im sorry man...i know what happened to your car wasnt the fault of stupid driving....i was talking in general....dont take it personal.
oh i know i dident take it personaly.. you know ive got a shence of humor about every thing... i was just joking around.... i still cringe a little when any one mentions medians.... shell shock i guess.