Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Vert ss vs big ass diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 02:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vert ss vs big *** diesel

So tonight on my way home from absolutely nothing my friend and i were doing a few runs against one another. He owns a clk mercedes not sure wich one and i a ls1 ss vert. Both cars are pretty much stock and was pretty surprised at how well his car ran down low. anyway we end up a stoplight where a big *** diesel dodge truck pulls up behind us, light turns green then my friend takes off, i drive off normally as theres usually cops in that area, so about 100 ft from the stop light i notice this freakin truck is still behind me just pacing. My friend slows down and waits for me to catch up. Then out of nowwhere this fu**in thing punches it and takes off (pretty quickly to my surprise) then we decide to chase. Im pulling up prettty good and riding this things *** at wot till this pos lets out a cloud of smoke through the exhaust and pretty much blinds my ***. so i ease off and watch as my friend tries to catch up. Long story short this truck was surprisingly fast, btw i think the truck was a dodge diesel pf some sort.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:21 AM
On The Tree

Nothing new to us southern people... Diesel trucks are known for putting down power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V2o7_eKZrk

or towing a 98k lb rail car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S70oTnsucU
Old 10-17-2010, 09:17 AM
Launching!

smoke switch FTW, we had a VW carshow a few weeks back and three of them were playing some dumb game of boxing me in till i flipped my smoke switch and covered the one beside me and both behind me in a dark black cloud. they fell back fast, then of course gave me the finger.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mvaldezss
So tonight on my way home from absolutely nothing my friend and i were doing a few runs against one another. He owns a clk mercedes not sure wich one and i a ls1 ss vert. Both cars are pretty much stock and was pretty surprised at how well his car ran down low. anyway we end up a stoplight where a big *** diesel dodge truck pulls up behind us, light turns green then my friend takes off, i drive off normally as theres usually cops in that area, so about 100 ft from the stop light i notice this freakin truck is still behind me just pacing. My friend slows down and waits for me to catch up. Then out of nowwhere this fu**in thing punches it and takes off (pretty quickly to my surprise) then we decide to chase. Im pulling up prettty good and riding this things *** at wot till this pos lets out a cloud of smoke through the exhaust and pretty much blinds my ***. so i ease off and watch as my friend tries to catch up. Long story short this truck was surprisingly fast, btw i think the truck was a dodge diesel pf some sort.
yep they are quick n hope you didn't have your top down.

Originally Posted by the jester 812
smoke switch FTW, we had a VW carshow a few weeks back and three of them were playing some dumb game of boxing me in till i flipped my smoke switch and covered the one beside me and both behind me in a dark black cloud. they fell back fast, then of course gave me the finger.
hahahah NOICE! I want a diesel now.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=bad_408_vert;14001143]yep they are quick n hope you didn't have your top down.

nope didnt have the top down luckily.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Launching!

I got into a freeway race with a dodge from 30-110 we were dead even then I started to slowely walk luckily I wasn't on the side that his exhaust was cause that thing was rolling some serious smoke
Old 10-18-2010, 10:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah my buddies dad has a dodge diesel quad cab that put down 600hp and 1000fpt . I kinda wanna run him from a 60 roll just to see if the drag on his truck will help me at all lol I just know that he can spin all 4 tires for about 50ft if he wants to.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:17 AM
TECH Junkie

I really don't think its all that funny to smoke people out on the road. This **** in a bro'd out Duramax lifted 6ft in the air on some ungodly 42" iroks lined up with me at a 20 roll and he had no chance. Put like 3 cars on him.

A mile or so down the road, he comes cruising up to my window (they were down) and I waved to be friendly. Out of nowhere, he just punches it for the smokeout/ricer flyby. I quickly stopped his pull and gave him the finger out the window on the way by.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:10 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
I really don't think its all that funny to smoke people out on the road. This **** in a bro'd out Duramax lifted 6ft in the air on some ungodly 42" iroks lined up with me at a 20 roll and he had no chance. Put like 3 cars on him.

A mile or so down the road, he comes cruising up to my window (they were down) and I waved to be friendly. Out of nowhere, he just punches it for the smokeout/ricer flyby. I quickly stopped his pull and gave him the finger out the window on the way by.

if he had smoke rolling out he wasn't doing a ricer flyby, when diesels flip the smoke switch it totally kills your power, he most likely just wanted to fill your car with soot.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by mvaldezss

Deisel trucks run ******* good with just a chip alone, tons of torque there man. No surprise my brother has a 06 GMC with 8" lift and 22's with a bullydog chip. Runs good

Quick Reply: Vert ss vs big ass diesel