Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Kill 2 idiots asking for it...

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 05:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Kill 2 idiots asking for it...

Good stuff in bold.

Leaving class today, jump on the highway and just cruising in 6th at 60 because the first 1/2 of my way home is cop heaven. Well, a late 20s/ early 30s guy in a G35 (assume to be stock, not even exhaust) cuts me off after flying by me, then drops to my right and tries to get me to run. Well, I'm not going to run this slow *** car in this area so I just ignore him. He keeps nailign the throttle, then letting off and then gives me a thumbs down after trying this for about 2 miles.

He had finally quit and was about 5 cars in front of me when a Ford Fusion goes flying by us at about 80 or more, and a cop jumps from the side of the road and pulls him over. The G35 slows down and ends up next to me so I just shook my head and pointed at the Fusion then him meaning it could have been him. He flips me off, so I follow suit then just let him go ahead of me.

Well, I get off at my exit, which another highway (but not an interstate) and he is next to me at the light. He gives me some dumb smirk and another thumbs down, but now that we are out of the bad area, I am game. I just turn my head, wait for the light to go green and the cars in front of us to get some room. I guess he was going to try once more anyways, because he did the same. I left the light slow, but left it in 2nd just in case.

He takes off at around 40mph, me in a bad spot but I still have more than enough power to put him away by the time I let off at the top of 3rd, about 1 Greyhound bus ahead.

Well, he was unsatisfied with the result, so he pulls next to me again, while I am just rolling in neutral letting off some speed, and I hear him downshift, so it's a manual.

I put it back in 2nd at about 50mph which is a sweet spot for me and motion for him to go. He takes off immeadiately and I hit it just after he does, this time running to about 110 and putting an easy 2 buses on him.

He comes around me after I hit the brakes (still in it) and gives me the finger out the window. I just laughed and was about to throw it back into 6th when I see a car swerving through traffic moving very fast. It is a 3v Mustang (05-09) with a coule of racing stripes. I knew this guy had to be game the way he was driving. I figured he must have been behind us when I raced the G35. I put the car in 4th at around 65 just so I could make some noise when he pulls next to me. Well, he does a mini flyby, still on the gas but lets out when he's a couple cars ahead, slams the breaks and gets next to me. At least has exhaust which was VERY loud, also a manual. His window is down, and he taps his dash mouthing "my turn." "gay:

I downshift into 3rd around 65, he held up 3 fingers so I thought I had finally ran into someone who knew how to honk it off. Nope. By the time I finished that thought, he was counting down on his fingers, 3..2..1 and he nails it.

(65 roll) I hit just as he did, taking a quick lead, but around 75mph hear him miss a shift so I let off.

I slow wayyy down to get a nice long run in. I slow to 50, he follows suit, and proceeds to count down again on his fingers with his car howling (assumign he was at the top of a gear).

We're off again, he nudges his nose out but shifts not 2 seconds into the race, I nail 3rd as I hear a slow shift from him. Stay in it, put about 2-3 cars on him by the top of 3rd, and he fades back very fast again. Missed shift or maybe he just quit, I'll never know since he jumped off at the next exit.

At least the Mustang guy wasn't as big a douche as the catfish hater in the luxury Datsun. I think Mr. Mustang may have had some gears judging from his quick shifts, but he also could just be lacking the driver mod.

Oh well, I knew I'd win both but they both acted like tools so I decidedto hurt some feelings. Sorry for the long read, just needed to vent.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweets kills! The guy in the G35 was definitely asking for it.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:40 PM
9 Second Club

Wow, coming from a former g37 owner I would have thought that the G35 owner would have known that his car isn't fast enough to keep up even with a stock ls1. Hell it took me putting on full bolt ons to barely beat my (at the time) stock T/A.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:56 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by willizm
Wow, coming from a former g37 owner I would have thought that the G35 owner would have known that his car isn't fast enough to keep up even with a stock ls1. Hell it took me putting on full bolt ons to barely beat my (at the time) stock T/A.
Some people just believe their **** will wreck anything because it has more hp than their old 92 civic had. I know my car isn't fast, but it gets the job done against the kind of cars ( and people) I run into.

I heard the VQ engines don't really pick up much from full bolt-ons?
Old 11-15-2010, 06:14 PM
9 Second Club

Yeah, they really don't. The G37 I had was pretty damn efficient to begin with so adding exhaust and intake really didn't yield too much. I get way more out of mods on the T/A or 335xi than I could with the G.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Launching!

how much power does your 335i have? willizm (not to hijack)
Old 11-15-2010, 07:54 PM
9 Second Club

I'm estimating around 360ish whp. I haven't had it dyno'd, but thats about where other cars with the same mods put down. Downpipes and an intercooler will get me a bit more, but I don't have those on yet.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WSsick
Good stuff in bold.

Leaving class today, jump on the highway and just cruising in 6th at 60 because the first 1/2 of my way home is cop heaven. Well, a late 20s/ early 30s guy in a G35 (assume to be stock, not even exhaust) cuts me off after flying by me, then drops to my right and tries to get me to run. Well, I'm not going to run this slow *** car in this area so I just ignore him. He keeps nailign the throttle, then letting off and then gives me a thumbs down after trying this for about 2 miles.

He had finally quit and was about 5 cars in front of me when a Ford Fusion goes flying by us at about 80 or more, and a cop jumps from the side of the road and pulls him over. The G35 slows down and ends up next to me so I just shook my head and pointed at the Fusion then him meaning it could have been him. He flips me off, so I follow suit then just let him go ahead of me.

Well, I get off at my exit, which another highway (but not an interstate) and he is next to me at the light. He gives me some dumb smirk and another thumbs down, but now that we are out of the bad area, I am game. I just turn my head, wait for the light to go green and the cars in front of us to get some room. I guess he was going to try once more anyways, because he did the same. I left the light slow, but left it in 2nd just in case.

He takes off at around 40mph, me in a bad spot but I still have more than enough power to put him away by the time I let off at the top of 3rd, about 1 Greyhound bus ahead.

Well, he was unsatisfied with the result, so he pulls next to me again, while I am just rolling in neutral letting off some speed, and I hear him downshift, so it's a manual.

I put it back in 2nd at about 50mph which is a sweet spot for me and motion for him to go. He takes off immeadiately and I hit it just after he does, this time running to about 110 and putting an easy 2 buses on him.

He comes around me after I hit the brakes (still in it) and gives me the finger out the window. I just laughed and was about to throw it back into 6th when I see a car swerving through traffic moving very fast. It is a 3v Mustang (05-09) with a coule of racing stripes. I knew this guy had to be game the way he was driving. I figured he must have been behind us when I raced the G35. I put the car in 4th at around 65 just so I could make some noise when he pulls next to me. Well, he does a mini flyby, still on the gas but lets out when he's a couple cars ahead, slams the breaks and gets next to me. At least has exhaust which was VERY loud, also a manual. His window is down, and he taps his dash mouthing "[B]my turn[/B]." "gay:

I downshift into 3rd around 65, he held up 3 fingers so I thought I had finally ran into someone who knew how to honk it off. Nope. By the time I finished that thought, he was counting down on his fingers, 3..2..1 and he nails it.

(65 roll) I hit just as he did, taking a quick lead, but around 75mph hear him miss a shift so I let off.

I slow wayyy down to get a nice long run in. I slow to 50, he follows suit, and proceeds to count down again on his fingers with his car howling (assumign he was at the top of a gear).

We're off again, he nudges his nose out but shifts not 2 seconds into the race, I nail 3rd as I hear a slow shift from him. Stay in it, put about 2-3 cars on him by the top of 3rd, and he fades back very fast again. Missed shift or maybe he just quit, I'll never know since he jumped off at the next exit.

At least the Mustang guy wasn't as big a douche as the catfish hater in the luxury Datsun. I think Mr. Mustang may have had some gears judging from his quick shifts, but he also could just be lacking the driver mod.

Oh well, I knew I'd win both but they both acted like tools so I decidedto hurt some feelings. Sorry for the long read, just needed to vent.
You made me burn my voice box out with coffee when I read the red underlined/bolded parts, haha lmao. The way you introduced the Mustang was priceless, characteristically funny (although I know not all Mustang and Nissan guys are such douches). Good story, thanks.
Originally Posted by willizm
Some people think "their car" might be the exception, until they get owned I suppose.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:24 AM
11 Second Club

"Luxury Datsun" LOL. thats a new one to me. Good kills.

-Mark
Old 11-16-2010, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Great kills on both.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:35 PM
TECH Regular

I HATE most g35/350z drivers. MOST of them are some of the biggest jerks on the road and need to be put in their place. Most of them are ricers to begin with. Good kill OP.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:37 PM
Teching In

I think its a well known consensus that most G35 owners are guidos/douchebags. I find the exhaust note really irritating for some reason.

The finger countdown is priceless.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:41 PM
9 Second Club

I know quiet a bit of guys that have G coupes and 350z's. They aren't all bad. Most of them that give a crap about cars know they aren't that quick and like the car for what it is.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
I think its a well known consensus that most G35 owners are guidos/douchebags. I find the exhaust note really irritating for some reason.

they sound like vacuum/hair dryer/leaf blowers

I call em Hoovers most of the time
Old 11-18-2010, 11:51 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507

They sound like clarinets on steroids!

Back when I had my 3800 bird and my rear end was making noises, I thought it was a loud-@$$ G35 going by me (which it was.) Only when he left and I still heard that noise did I realize my 10-bolt was about to
Old 11-18-2010, 12:32 PM
TECH Resident

So true, sounds horrid - dumb and dumber level
Old 11-18-2010, 12:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LightningTeg

Originally Posted by sujomatt
So true, sounds horrid - dumb and dumber level
Where have you guys been? I've never found anybody that agreed with me on how the VQ sounds shitty

Good to know I'm not alone
Old 11-18-2010, 01:00 PM

Good kills! I generally love getting good close races with people that are cool and make the whole experience fun. But, sometimes it's great to put someone in their place, although they usually just act like an even bigger douche, rather than admitting they were wrong.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:45 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gaunt
Where have you guys been? I've never found anybody that agreed with me on how the VQ sounds shitty

Good to know I'm not alone
I think they sound decent a certain spots, but in general it sounds like ***. It's got that some hollow sound that Mustangs have, but with 2 less cylinders so it's dukey.

MODERATOR GAUNT.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick
I think they sound decent a certain spots, but in general it sounds like ***. It's got that some hollow sound that Mustangs have, but with 2 less cylinders so it's dukey.

MODERATOR GAUNT.
Watch it!