Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

killed monte carlo ss

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 12:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default killed monte carlo ss

so me and a friend are heading to walmart minding are on busy driving spped limit when i see this red car up ahead. were in the middle of downtown with a good amount of cops so not the best place for racing. I get a little closer and see they guy has hes window down and he slows down to get along side me. the guy tells me to hit it. while im saying i dont want to race because of cops my friend is telling the guy lets do it. i finally give in and tell him to slow down to around 25 that way we wont be going to awful fast at the conclusion of the race. I tell him to go and ill follow. he starts a half car ahead and he hits it. I lay into it and got a nice chirp going into 2nd i pulled him pretty hard and let off at 60mph with me ahead by a car(didnt want a ticket lol)
after the race i pull into walmart and so does he. guy was cool and said my car was cool. i thanked him for the race and went parted ways.

My car is an 02 ws6 A4 all stock other then catback
Old 11-22-2010, 12:39 AM
Banned

Nice kill, was this an L67 supercharged monte?
Old 11-22-2010, 01:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He wanted YOU to take the hit?! Must be one of those delusional guys that you meet every once in awhile who thinks there car is faster than a LS1 Fbody because "I've beat a few of them already", ie 6 cylinder cars or LS1 cars that werent trying to race.

Did he say he had any mods? And I'm gonna take a shot in the dark here: you typed this grammatically filled disaster on your phone didnt you? lol
Old 11-22-2010, 01:33 AM
Staging Lane

I'll try to meet your grammer standards this time princess. lol I'm sorry, I did not realize i was in american literature. Anyways, I believe he thought or hoped that my car was a v6 and yes he did tell me to go, but i advised him to take the hit. To the other guy who asked if it was supercharged. My guess is that i highly doubt it and from talking to him im fairly certain he was stock. no offense about the grammer statement but seriously its not near as bad as others i've seen. At least it does make a coherent thought unlike other posters.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by lt1formula275
I'll try to meet your grammer standards this time princess. lol I'm sorry, I did not realize i was in american literature. Anyways, I believe he thought or hoped that my car was a v6 and yes he did tell me to go, but i advised him to take the hit. To the other guy who asked if it was supercharged. My guess is that i highly doubt it and from talking to him im fairly certain he was stock. no offense about the grammer statement but seriously its not near as bad as others i've seen. At least it does make a coherent thought unlike other posters.
First off, it's ''grammar'' lol. And some of those monte's come stock with blowers. So he could have been a stock supercharged car.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:35 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
He wanted YOU to take the hit?! Must be one of those delusional guys that you meet every once in awhile who thinks there car is faster than a LS1 Fbody because "I've beat a few of them already", ie 6 cylinder cars or LS1 cars that werent trying to race.

Did he say he had any mods? And I'm gonna take a shot in the dark here: you typed this grammatically filled disaster on your phone didnt you? lol
I apologise my original thread was a bit messy. I was trying to type it quickly.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:37 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mystic Z-28
First off, it's ''grammar'' lol. And some of those monte's come stock with blowers. So he could have been a stock supercharged car.
You got me. lol "grammar"
Old 11-22-2010, 01:45 AM
Staging Lane

I'll try to meet your grammer standards this time princess. lol
Haha If I'm a princess at 6'6" and 350lbs, then does that make you the chamber maid?
Old 11-22-2010, 01:48 AM
Staging Lane

lmao thats ironic. i dont think id mess with you. you are one BIG dude if that is really how big you are lol.
P.S i dont know what a chamber maid is. haha
Old 11-22-2010, 01:53 AM
Banned

A chamber maid is the maid of the princess...
Old 11-22-2010, 02:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Even the l67 sc'd mcss doesn't have a shot on a ls1 fbody.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:47 AM
Staging Lane

lmao thats ironic. i dont think id mess with you. you are one BIG dude if that is really how big you are lol.
P.S i dont know what a chamber maid is. haha

Not much to brag about- gained some weight after I got my kush Boeing job. We refer to it as the Boeing Belly.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:17 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OP, can you just post a picture of the year Monte you raced?

Not much to brag about- gained some weight after I got my kush Boeing job. We refer to it as the Boeing Belly.
WTF DUDE?!?!?!?! Can we get a NWS on this thread title? That ****'s nasty!!!

Old 11-22-2010, 09:37 AM
Staging Lane

**** man, don't make me start throwing up my waterpark pics on here=- I might get banned for them.

Check it out: this is me 5 years ago when I had a physical job. I gotta get back to this weight (60 pounds ago)

Old 11-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Teching In

I'd give a stock Ls1 F-body the hit in my Regal, which is pretty much the same as a Monte.

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
Even the l67 sc'd mcss doesn't have a shot on a ls1 fbody.
This is laughable... a couple bolt ons puts them right with ls1's...
Old 11-22-2010, 12:25 PM
Staging Lane

looked like this except red sorry i dont know how to post a picture on here lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...fCarsQ5fTrucks
Old 11-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
I'd give a stock Ls1 F-body the hit in my Regal, which is pretty much the same as a Monte.

Why? Stock Regals are high 14 sec cars on a good day.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Right...that's why a pullied one (with cai, exhaust, tune) got walked by my friend's stock LT1. Not saying they are incapable, but it takes more than a couple (2). Now, I know you probably meant more than "a couple," but until I see proof otherwise, I say no less than a tiny pullies, a good tune, and the usual supporting mods will make then run with LS1s...so pretty much close to full bolt-ons. Maybe a 2.73 geared stock LS1 though, those are slow as ****.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WSsick
Right...that's why a pullied one (with cai, exhaust, tune) got walked by my friend's stock LT1. Not saying they are incapable, but it takes more than a couple (2). Now, I know you probably meant more than "a couple," but until I see proof otherwise, I say no less than a tiny pullies, a good tune, and the usual supporting mods will make then run with LS1s...so pretty much close to full bolt-ons. Maybe a 2.73 geared stock LS1 though, those are slow as ****.
Most supercharged W-bodies can pull mid-high 13's with nothing more than headers and a smaller pulley. Which is right about what most a4 Ls1 F-bodies run. **** my own Regal did a 13.9 with a stock 3.8'' wagon wheel pulley.

As for the w-body guy you know... the tune could have been questionable, and cat-backs do nothing for these cars, all the power is gained by swapping out the manifolds for headers. Also if he didn't have headers and was running a smaller pulley he was more than likely slower than if he just stuck with the stock pulley. AND CAI's do next to nothing for the car as well.

I maintain a proper sized pulley (3.4 or 3.5 depending on weather) with headers on a w-body with NOTHING ELSE is capable of 13.50's.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Most supercharged W-bodies can pull mid-high 13's with nothing more than headers and a smaller pulley. Which is right about what most a4 Ls1 F-bodies run. **** my own Regal did a 13.9 with a stock 3.8'' wagon wheel pulley.
Ran a 13.3 with a CAI only in my car. That's on par with a stock a4 LS1 car.