Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

260z( ls swap+boost) vs 400+ whp s2000

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 03:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
A Mercedes SL63 AMG is a two-seat roadster too... just saying.

Its also a 350 HP car and cost 70K...This is somthing worth bragging about. Most people will never have the finances of owning a 70K Z06 or amg SL63..

It is a mile stone acomplishment in their life that few financially reach...As well it is a fairly powerful lil ride and a amg mercedes at that..

a 240 hp 35K s2000 is not even close in any way possible to that car.

But again to some of the clown owners..it's the other way around...LOL
Old 11-26-2010, 03:24 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Killemall
miata....solitice....s2000..

Actually the new miata and solitice look nicer...The s2000 hard top has always looked huge and out of place...Looks good with the top down though but I think the solitice would turn more heads...

Miatas are the shizzle on the road course man....And there owners knbow exactly what they are and never think they are more...

That s2000 owner actually thought he was gonna trade me for my nsx...91 nsx is worth what...25K...used 03 s2000 is worth what...10K...

91 nsx runs 13.8's at 103...03 s2000 runs 14.6's at 97

I get what your saying...but at 240 HP and 2850 pounds whats so great about it???? What makes it not just a 35K miata and suddenly comparable to vettes or other 50K plus vehicles...Nothing in my book..Nothing what so ever..

I like you a lot and have always shown you great respect. So this is nothing against you. but to me it's the ultimate wanna bee car....Or somthing I would buy my 16 year old daughter..

If you like em then you like em....But this owner is a great representation of what many of the owners act like...
For real? To each his own, but it looks pretty good to me.

And if you're gonna use 13.8 @ 103mph for a stock '91 NSX (which it is perfectly capable of, so I'm not arguing that... it's just a REALLY good time), let's use a time that the S2000 is "capable" of running. I believe the record for a stock AP1 S2000 is 13.7 @ 101mph. So let's add a tenth or two and keep the trap speed just to make it fair; 13.9 @ 101mph. Suddenly doesn't look as far away, does it? The NSX is one of my all-time favorite cars, but the S2000 is a fantastic car as well.
Old 11-26-2010, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
A Mercedes SL63 AMG is a two-seat roadster too... just saying.
So is a viper, but I'm talking of similar price range. Gotta keep it sensible, never heard anyone debating if they wanted to buy an SL63 or a miata.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Teching In

No one buys an NSX because its fast. They buy an NSX because its an NSX. Its a gorgeous car and handles amazingly. I saw an early 90s one bright red today. So sexy. But for the price you can get a vette which is so much more car for the money.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Arc00TA
I think he was referring to the VWvortex guys that came here a while back when someone posted a pic of the exaggerated flushed/stretched style that seems to be popular. Turned into a pretty decent shitstorm.
Vortex is full of *** clowns, I 100% agree.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:09 PM
Teching In

I always thought that Miatas and S2000 were girl's cars or for "fruitcakes". Did something change over the past couple of years? My sister had one for years and so did all her girlfirends. Oh well, I guess I have to keep up with the times.

Great races though. I am just a little surprised that with all those races, I did not see one pullied or ported Eaton or KB Cobra. I wonder how well that S2000 would have done. I would have also liked to see a H/C/I LSX Camaro or Firebird...maybe with a small shot of NOS for good measure.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Launching!

Your s2000 with the hard top looks a lil better but the top is still grossly unporportioned to the rear of the vehicle. The top is HUGE...

I can post a vid of my Viper getting slaughtered by a 750 HP GTR that will show you how a vert is supposed to look...Im looseing but I look good as hell doin it..laugh out loud...Hell yea i typed that out..

S2000 just isnt porportioned right..Not hideous. but you can defiently see why its only 3o spomthing K....Another 10k IN DESIGHN ELEMENTS AND THEY COULD HAVE HAD A WINNER ATHSTEICALLY...But then at 45K no one would want a 240 HP miata...when a bottom base no optioned vette can be had for 48K
Old 11-26-2010, 10:13 PM
***Repost Police***

Your s2000 with the hard top looks a lil better but the top is still grossly unporportioned to the rear of the vehicle. The top is HUGE...

I can post a vid of my Viper getting slaughtered by a 750 HP GTR that will show you how a vert is supposed to look...Im looseing but I look good as hell doin it..laugh out loud...Hell yea i typed that out..

S2000 just isnt porportioned right..Not hideous. but you can defiently see why its only 3o spomthing K....Another 10k IN DESIGHN ELEMENTS AND THEY COULD HAVE HAD A WINNER ATHSTEICALLY...But then at 45K no one would want a 240 HP miata...when a bottom base no optioned vette can be had for 48K
Are you really judging a 2-seat sports car by how it looks with the top up? Cuz a Viper looks pretty retarded with the top up too. The S2000 looks perfectly proportioned with the top down, just like it should. Sometimes I really question your judgment on a few things.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:15 AM
Launching!

Again I have always liked you...But an s2000 is one of the worst top up desighns ever made. plain and simple. A 2010 vert viper is the fastest convertable in the world at a respectable 202 mph (my 2003 is only 193 mph) still mind blowing for a true rag top convertable..

To reach these types of speeds the desighn of the roof has to be low slung. Your S2000 has a GROSSLY unporportioned roof in comparison to the body. it is FREAKING huge. Even the hard top dosent hide this though it does help.

with the top down iot looks decent. but top up to me it is pretty nasty desighn wise. but again at 35K what are you expecting??????? It's small light and has a powerful 4 cylinder at 240 HP..the interior isnt bad and the push button start was ahead of it's time..

Look at the top on the convertable c6's...beautiful desighn. Not quite as los slung and porportioned as my viper but pretty well done over all...

Even a mustang convertable gives more justice top up than the s2000. While the stang top is huge and square...so is the rest of the car and it atleaste matches.

a blue S2000 with the black rag top up reminds me of a smurf wearing a sombrarro...Funny at first but then more and more wrong..

heres my 480 rwhp viper getting raped by a 680 awhp GTR...Look at the desighn of the top up on the viper and how low and sporty it appears...Just a totally differant presence..

while it's not fair to compare a 35K car to an 85K car desighn wise. their is still no excuse for the hideously unporportioned rag top of the s2000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2WGSKlVNu4
Old 11-27-2010, 12:16 AM
Launching!

Again I have always liked you...But an s2000 is one of the worst top up desighns ever made. plain and simple. A 2010 vert viper is the fastest convertable in the world at a respectable 202 mph (my 2003 is only 193 mph) still mind blowing for a true rag top convertable..

To reach these types of speeds the desighn of the roof has to be low slung. Your S2000 has a GROSSLY unporportioned roof in comparison to the body. it is FREAKING huge. Even the hard top dosent hide this though it does help.

with the top down iot looks decent. but top up to me it is pretty nasty desighn wise. but again at 35K what are you expecting??????? It's small light and has a powerful 4 cylinder at 240 HP..the interior isnt bad and the push button start was ahead of it's time..

Look at the top on the convertable c6's...beautiful desighn. Not quite as los slung and porportioned as my viper but pretty well done over all...

Even a mustang convertable gives more justice top up than the s2000. While the stang top is huge and square...so is the rest of the car and it atleaste matches.

a blue S2000 with the black rag top up reminds me of a smurf wearing a sombrarro...Funny at first but then more and more wrong..

heres my 480 rwhp viper getting raped by a 680 awhp GTR...Look at the desighn of the top up on the viper and how low and sporty it appears...Just a totally differant presence..

while it's not fair to compare a 35K car to an 85K car desighn wise. their is still no excuse for the hideously unporportioned rag top of the s2000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2WGSKlVNu4

BTW did you get my PM
Old 11-27-2010, 01:14 AM
***Repost Police***

I'm sorry but I think you're completely out of your mind.

Old 11-27-2010, 03:04 AM
Teching In

Wow, you guys are very judgmental on someone you don't even know.

I never knew I could be hated so much by so many people due to a little video I made for fun that was never meant to be taken seriously or prove anything in the first place.

By the way, I'm the s2000 owner in this video, so let's clear things up:

1. I'm not a douche. lol. I try to get along with everybody actually, and I respect all cars out of all seriousness (Your comments about me make this ironic). Thats why I post my losses from fair races too...

2. Most of my narrations where I was "talking ****" were sarcasm and just for having fun with friends riding with me on camera

3. I knew I was going to lose to the Z very badly. In addition, I was preparing to give him a better run with my race fuel map @20psi that night, but I switched it back to my pump fuel daily driving map after waiting too long for his friend to show up at the gas station. I ended up racing after I filled up pump gas anyway, so I'm guessing I was around only 370whp during that race. This is not to imply I would've won with my other map loaded- i was going to lose either way- but an extra 100whp on my car would've at least made it a little closer...

4. I'm not out to prove my S2000 is better or faster than anyone. judging someone is fast is only about what you're being compared to anyway; and on the grand scale of racing, I acknowledge my S2K is actually pretty slow. I just like racing for fun. When I go to the meets, I race anyone who wants to race, and the cars in this video just so happened to be all the cars that wanted to race me that week that I captured on video. I personally don't care if I win or lose

5. I like my car for a reason. you like your cars for a reason. It's all just preference so there's no need to judge.

now that I cleared that up for everyone, happy thanksgiving
and congrats to the Z and the vette for whooping my ***

Last edited by brockb; 11-27-2010 at 03:32 AM.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by brockb
Wow, you guys are very judgmental on someone you don't even know...I'm not a douche.
Since none of us know you, and all we have is video evidence, you looked like a total douche. You can't really deny thats how you came off in the vid.

Now that we know you were trying to joke around, props for a quick car and good races. If you lay off the smack next time you might make a really good video since you won so many races.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since none of us know you, and all we have is video evidence, you looked like a total douche. You can't really deny thats how you came off in the vid.

Now that we know you were trying to joke around, props for a quick car and good races. If you lay off the smack next time you might make a really good video since you won so many races.
This. Definitely sounded like a giant douche, and keeping a record is retarded.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:23 PM
Teching In

looked like he barely got the viper to me...Looked like the viper let off after the s2000 was a car ahead
actually...

1. the viper jumped a little early (before this, we tried getting the run equal about 5 times on the role, but he kept jumping out early so I just went with it the last time anyway since patience didn't matter over fun)

2. because of this, it caught me off guard on my brake boost so I stalled and didnt get any spool at 2nd gear. Once I shifted to third, it spooled up and it was just a catchup-and-keep-going after that, so the gap would've been a lot worse.

nice yellow srt by the way... love it! Is that race with you and the gtr on the pali in hawaii??

Since none of us know you, and all we have is video evidence
Well if i didn't know you and all I had was a video from youtube of you saying a few sentences, I wouldn't be quick to judge you as a whole- I wouldnt know enough about you to make an accurate judgement. I guess thats just me though... the horrible s2000 owner. God forbid I was judging you and the others based off of your forum comments.

Originally Posted by WSsick
This. Definitely sounded like a giant douche, and keeping a record is retarded.
It was just for video purposes... not a big deal, man

Last edited by brockb; 11-27-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:15 PM
11 Second Club

This thread went downhill quickly

Nice s2000 have you ever run it at the track?
Old 11-28-2010, 01:38 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by MACH32V
I always thought that Miatas and S2000 were girl's cars or for "fruitcakes". Did something change over the past couple of years? My sister had one for years and so did all her girlfirends. Oh well, I guess I have to keep up with the times.

Great races though. I am just a little surprised that with all those races, I did not see one pullied or ported Eaton or KB Cobra. I wonder how well that S2000 would have done. I would have also liked to see a H/C/I LSX Camaro or Firebird...maybe with a small shot of NOS for good measure.
Seriously? You drive a Mustang.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sciff5
This thread went downhill quickly

Nice s2000 have you ever run it at the track?
thanks, and no. But I plan on it soon. I just gotta make the time since the nearest track worth it is a few hours away from me
Old 11-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Launching!

You came off as a Dbag in the vid. I honestly wanted to punch my screen...Nice to see you were just jokeing around a bit..You seem calm kool and collective enough to me. Welcome....

And yea a 2900 pound 450 rwhp s2000 should beat a 3450 pound stock 400 rwhp GTS..

A 350 rwhp supercharged s2000 gave my stock 99 Viper a hell of a run. He was beside me from 50-90 and then from 100-130 I walked out 2-3 cars on him ...

Feel confident that my 480 rwhp current 2003 Viper will destroy a 450 rwhp S2000 but we will have to see.....The last 350 rwhp supercharged nsx wasnt even close for it and the 500 rwhp s2000 I just raced in my stockish nsx didnt seem too fast to me...
Old 11-28-2010, 11:30 PM
Launching!

No BS that blue S2k looks like a smurf wearing a sombrarro..hideous top up desighn

heres how you do a top up desighn
Attached Thumbnails 260z( ls swap+boost) vs 400+ whp s2000-_dodge_viper_srt-10_roadster.jpg   260z( ls swap+boost) vs 400+ whp s2000-1183075.2005.dodge.viper.srt-10.jpg   260z( ls swap+boost) vs 400+ whp s2000-dsc02701.jpg   260z( ls swap+boost) vs 400+ whp s2000-solitice-smurf-done-right.jpeg   260z( ls swap+boost) vs 400+ whp s2000-solitice-good-top-up-porportions.jpeg  

Quick Reply: 260z( ls swap+boost) vs 400+ whp s2000