Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a new 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 03:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Yeah it's nothing for large cube LS motors to make insane power N/A. I mean come on, guys have hit 500+ on the stock bottom end on multiple occasion so you can imagine what some big cubes will do for you. That's why I like working with these motors, you can make crazy power without going FI like with a modular. Not that there is anything wrong with forced induction now. lol
They can make huge power N/A and don't have to rev to moon to do it.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick
Thanks homie.
I'm glad you two finally got your thoughts together.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:31 PM
11 Second Club

My setup is more on the milder side as evident by the LS6 intake alone. Plus I could go way crazier on the heads and a bigger cam as well. Just testing the waters for now.
That LS6 is holding you back big time! I guarantee with a FAST and EWP you'll see 500+ easily with that cam and heads.

I'm going with Geoff's 222/226 baby grind on a 115* and PAC's as well. Im using 243 heads which will be milled and ported by the guys at AI, a FAST 92/92 setup and all supporting bolt ons - EWP, pulley and all. This will be going through a 1-3/4 header and a Mufflex 4" Exhaust system running a Spintech Muffler. I've already got the block down at the machine shop, just waiting on the rotating assembly to arrive via UPS.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a killer setup! With the right compression, good port work along with the fast you should be making some good power. I can see a nice 150-200 shot on top of that.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Wonder what my setup will do on e85? Better yet, throw a ported 102 and a EWP on top of that!! Can you say 500++rwhp wise guy? Didn't think so.
nope, nobody can yet. but we are talking bolt ons, E85 only for a 5.0. not H/C/I 347inches. so you dont know either. i bet i get VERY close to 500 rwhp. we are thinking 475rwhp cam only E85. and not radical driveability issue tuning. not massive cams. nice smooth idle.

add ported heads/big valves and get 25mpg.- same as i get now.

its bench racing, but so far ive underestimated the power these can make.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by assasinator
nope, nobody can yet. but we are talking bolt ons, E85 only for a 5.0. not H/C/I 347inches. so you dont know either. i bet i get VERY close to 500 rwhp. we are thinking 475rwhp cam only E85. and not radical driveability issue tuning. not massive cams. nice smooth idle.

You have absolutely no idea what your car is going to do with those mods. We do however know what Redfire's car is capable of as the combo has been done a 1000x over. All you can do from your end is speculate at this very moment.

You brought up how a full bolt-on/E85 5.0 is within xxhp of his LS1. He replied "well what if my car was running E85 with blah blah blah on top of it". You even bring the cid argument into it. What gives?
Old 01-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Launching!

Bench Racing FTW!!l

Just let me know when you get all your parts together. By then my combo will be much more aggressive than the way it sits now. Might even have the resleeved 430cube block done by then. At some point the 5.0 boys will need FI to run with the big dogs.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bench Racing FTW!!l

Just let me know when you get all your parts together. By then my combo will be much more aggressive than the way it sits now. Might even have the resleeved 430cube block done by then. At some point the 5.0 boys will need FI to run with the big dogs.
or buy a 7 liter hurricane/boss. no different than what you are saying. or a 500inch bigblock. the big dogs are making 1200-1500hp on motor. none of us fits that category. or even a 7 liter yates D3 headed sportsman engine(900hp). dont be TOO proud of what you can do on motor, there are better combos than ANY LS based engine or modular can do. its just money. not knocking LS engines.

anyone with money can field better.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
You have absolutely no idea what your car is going to do with those mods. We do however know what Redfire's car is capable of as the combo has been done a 1000x over. All you can do from your end is speculate at this very moment.

You brought up how a full bolt-on/E85 5.0 is within xxhp of his LS1. He replied "well what if my car was running E85 with blah blah blah on top of it". You even bring the cid argument into it. What gives?
just harrassing. 500rwhp argument doesnt hold water anymore.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:11 PM
Launching!

or buy a 7 liter hurricane/boss. no different than what you are saying. or a 500inch bigblock. the big dogs are making 1200-1500hp on motor. none of us fits that category. or even a 7 liter yates D3 headed sportsman engine(900hp). dont be TOO proud of what you can do on motor, there are better combos than ANY LS based engine or modular can do. its just money. not knocking LS engines.

anyone with money can field better.
I know all that stuff. I thought we were talking Coyote's and LS1's originally.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

luckily the 5.0 is only up to 457rwhp with e85.....maybe that last 16rwhp wont be reached with the latest boltons. His H/C/I LS1 is safe for now....
Sorry if im not buying your 457 rwhp especially after your special story of pulling a ls1 that had a run on you from behind and you not even shifting out of 5th gear at ~70mph. I mean unless you added vTec then im surprised you didnt gain more... Go to the track and back up that 457 rwhp with a 122+ mph trap speed then it will have some credibility. til then its either happy estimating or a ego boosting dyno. Also i dont think streetable 5.0's are going to be seeing 500 rwhp n/a much if at all... If history has told us anything heads and cams on 32v modulars are hardly worth the money or effort. 5.0 heads as is flow incredible. The limiting factor here is displacement and the 5.0 has no room to grow... its stuck a 5 liters. 500 rwhp is going to be an expensive endeavor that will not be tried by many because forced induction will be the cheaper alternative for even bigger gains... I dont THINK a 500 rwhp (~580 flyhwheel......)5.0 will happen in street trim personally but im also not ignorant enough to say it will never happen... it could, but i am doubtful. Its gonna take a lot of RPM's...
Old 01-23-2011, 11:15 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by got-a-ls1
Sorry if im not buying your 457 rwhp especially after your special story of pulling a ls1 that had a run on you from behind and you not even shifting out of 5th gear at ~70mph. I mean unless you added vTec then im surprised you didnt gain more... Go to the track and back up that 457 rwhp with a 122+ mph trap speed then it will have some credibility. til then its either happy estimating or a ego boosting dyno. Also i dont think streetable 5.0's are going to be seeing 500 rwhp n/a much if at all... If history has told us anything heads and cams on 32v modulars are hardly worth the money or effort. 5.0 heads as is flow incredible. The limiting factor here is displacement and the 5.0 has no room to grow... its stuck a 5 liters. 500 rwhp is going to be an expensive endeavor that will not be tried by many because forced induction will be the cheaper alternative for even bigger gains... I dont THINK a 500 rwhp (~580 flyhwheel......)5.0 will happen in street trim personally but im also not ignorant enough to say it will never happen... it could, but i am doubtful. Its gonna take a lot of RPM's...
I don't know if he's claiming he has 457rwhp. And the Coyote isn't exactly your traditional modular motor.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
He's not claiming he has 457rwhp. And the Coyote isn't exactly your traditional modular motor.
i didnt read the entire thread but he posted the 5.0 was up to 457 rwhp, was he quoting someone else that said they did it? Either way 457 rwhp with just bolt ons with an engine maybe making 430 at the crank (if it is indeed under rated)stock is a bit much to believe. Catch my drift?

not traditional no but very similiar and at this point being VERY hyped and hard to weed through the BS. Im not trying to take anything away from it, but it seems a long drought of modular N/A power deficit is bringing out all the clowns. The 5.0 is awesome for ford... i was getting tired of every fast modded ford needing a supercharger (just jealous that GM never did it... lol), and thats not a dig on SVT, but is true... Its nice to see that a car can be fast without a blower, and then even faster with it. But this whole 5.0 thing is getting even worse then the ls1 being touched by the hand of god when it first came out... its like some people think the 5.0 was created in gods image.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:35 PM
***Repost Police***

Well I know they are making 440rwhp with bolt-ons on pump gas... 457rwhp on E85 isn't exactly out of the question.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

i didnt read the entire thread but he posted the 5.0 was up to 457 rwhp, was he quoting someone else that said they did it? Either way 457 rwhp with just bolt ons with an engine maybe making 430 at the crank (if it is indeed under rated)stock is a bit much to believe. Catch my drift?

not traditional no but very similiar and at this point being VERY hyped and hard to weed through the BS. Im not trying to take anything away from it, but it seems a long drought of modular N/A power deficit is bringing out all the clowns. The 5.0 is awesome for ford... i was getting tired of every fast modded ford needing a supercharger (just jealous that GM never did it... lol), and thats not a dig on SVT, but is true... Its nice to see that a car can be fast without a blower, and then even faster with it. But this whole 5.0 thing is getting even worse then the ls1 being touched by the hand of god when it first came out... its like some people think the 5.0 was created in gods image.
Burns doesn't it?
Old 01-23-2011, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Burns doesn't it?
not at all. im not takin the bait... track tells all
Old 01-23-2011, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Well I know they are making 440rwhp with bolt-ons on pump gas... 457rwhp on E85 isn't exactly out of the question.
and these claims have been backed up by timeslips right Not gutted cars like evo, actual stock weight cars with bolts on trapping 120mph with 440 rwhp.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:49 PM
***Repost Police***

I'm sure they have, you can look it up if you care to.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

ive seen the claims yet to see the slips to back them... thats why i asked. dynos are dynos. At out last dyno day there was a 500 rwhp 03 KB cobra.... obviously makes more then that. They can read just as high as they can read low. thats why i like to compare dynos to density altitude and race weight. track isnt as forgiving as a dyno.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I posted pics of the ls2 ws6 i killed. what you think means NOTHING.

ill post the dyno graph. you dont know what you are talking about. educate yourself and lets talk about it. if you have an A4, full weight, lid,catback LS1, quit talking about what i DIDNT do, and come get you some of this.ill run you in 5th only too.

JPC 445rwhp heads only.... go to any mustang forum and search yourself.

453rwhp. http://www.modularfords.com/forums/s...nside-2011-5.0

10.991 n/a run.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/s...A-in-car-video!!
mods:Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Just for the record this is an all motor car!!! It does not have nitrous and never did have nitrous.

Here is the list of mods

JLT carbon fiber intake
JLT catch can
Am. Racing long tubes
Off road x
Flowmaster American Thunder
Ported heads just a concentration on the exhaust port and a 5 angle valve job. Stock valves and springs
Mcleod rst with an alum flywheel
Dynotech alum d/s
UPR rear control arms
QA1 rear shocks
3.73's
Slicks, skinnies
Maximum Motorsports NHRA legal 6 piont cage
5 point harness
Revolution Automotive custom SCT tune

It still wears the factory 14in Brembos and stock rear brakes.
i dont usually post this stuff, but if the argument is, "they are overhyped" it doesnt hold up. or "the coyote just cant do that cuz i said so".

Last edited by assasinator; 01-24-2011 at 12:30 AM.