Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Embarrssed myself last night

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 11:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol story sounds similar to the dude on svtperformance claiming he beat an mildly modded ls1 fbody starting in 5th gear with his new 5.0 with 300 pounds in the back... except the only difference is you admit you lost
Funny you mentioned that, I am a member on SVTP as well and posted in that thread,

The owner of that 2011 5.0 started talking **** about LS1/03/04 cobra's and was put in his place, then he edited all his posts
Old 01-23-2011, 11:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by somws6bird
Funny you mentioned that, I am a member on SVTP as well and posted in that thread,

The owner of that 2011 5.0 started talking **** about LS1/03/04 cobra's and was put in his place, then he edited all his posts
I'm not a member on svtp but stumbled onto that thread a few months ago while lurking... That's too funny man. It's one thing to love your car and loving it to death, but I'd say one would have to have major insecurity issues to flex their internet ***** with a bullshit story
Old 01-23-2011, 11:11 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
eeuuuhhhh... man, that's some rookie shi'ite right there. So much fail in one post!

I feel that you have learned some important lessons, but let me cover one you might not have thought of: NEVER EVER start a race starting already over the speed limit. That's stupid, dangerous, and noob'ish.

Coerce him into slowing down to 10-20mph below the speed limit: the lower the start, the better the race. It's not hard, you are the guy driving the car that signifies you 'know what you are doing'. He is chasing YOU, not the other way around! So make him earn it: signal him to slow down visually or physically.

NEVER LET THEM dictate YOUR race! He wants a piece, make him do it like a man and not some juvenile ricer. If he is coming up on you in the 'Im interested and am catching you to race' then YOU NEED TO DROP INTO THE RIGHT GEAR AND WAIT FOR HIM TO GET NEXT TO YOU and preferably already start your slowing down!! Here's a pro move- ensure you are decelling audibly when he gets within 10' of you so there is no doubt in his mind that you are not planning on going WOT the second he gets next to you.

If he commits to a flyby and there is any doubt whatsover that you will not be able to erase his jump and destroy him, you DO NOT GIVE IN TO HIS FLYBY!! Flash your high beams a few times after you are sure that you are far enough behind him that he will see it - it surprisingly usually works. Speed up JUST ENOUGH to catch him slowly, but NEVER so fast as too make him think you are doing a ricer flyby.

If he is next to you (whether traffic puts him there or he just seams to be hanging around you suspiciously) you drop it into your lowest/best gear next to him and watch him intently: 8 out of 10 times he will look at you before he guns it: slightly more than 1/2 the time he will make eye contact and then punch it- the other half he will wait long enough for you or him to honk it off.

Never be afraid to flash your lights to signify your interest. Regardless of how foolish it seams, it's what works!

Once side by side and you've either made contact or you've picked up on a que that he is ready to race, YOU SLOW DOWN!!! Start at 50 in a 70mph road, 40-45 in a 60mph road. The second HE stops decelling you have hit his limit and need to immediately honk it off. Be ready for him to go at your first honk since too many idiots dont know the 3 honk.

Fore The Record: I've been in 3,000+ street races in the last 20 yrs. It drives my brother nuts that he can cruise/stalk for races all night long and get nothing when I can get into a legit race within 15-20 minutes of trying. That 3,000+ races mark could EASILY be 20,000+ if I went looking instead of being the husband and dad of 4 kids. As it is, just driving to work and back, I get into 1-2 good races a week minimum: even in winter.
Street racing sticky!!
Old 01-24-2011, 12:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Someone find the thread this Lexus owner makes!!!!!!!!!
I'd like to see that thread

Originally Posted by ElkySS
^^^ street racing 101, people. take notes.
No kiddin!

Originally Posted by Mystic Z-28
If you're going to break the law and risk your life and your license. Why not just go all out and not half *** it? Seems pointless any other way.
Honestly I put it in 5th cuz I thought it'd be more intresting, I did that with my friend that has a slobalt (non ss) but apparently those IS300 got more in em than I thought! Its all good lesson learned.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Launching!

If you ever disgrace us like that again... We'll kill you.

J/K
Old 01-26-2011, 01:58 PM
TECH Resident

u suck.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:15 PM
TECH Junkie

it happens... i accidently put my car in 4th gear instead of 2nd and got worked over by some turbo Nissan 240sx

but the other two races i started in 2nd gear turned out a little differently.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, now he thinks he can smoke LS1's. Learn how to drive man! I don't care what car tries to race me, even if I know I'll beat the other car I never take it for granted so I'm ALWAYS in the right gear and ready.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bamxbam
Lol story sounds similar to the dude on svtperformance claiming he beat an mildly modded ls1 fbody starting in 5th gear with his new 5.0 with 300 pounds in the back... except the only difference is you admit you lost
LOL I dont live too far from him and called him out in my heavy *** car and he quickly backed down.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:19 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Chrismikeb
there was a 18wheeler in his lane so I hit the brakes and he got infront of me and gave me flashers and sped off weaving through traffic
I absolutely hate it when i've clearly beat a ricer, but they continue to speed up 115+ weaving through traffic. I don't do roll races with traffic, and i won't weave through traffic while racing. You never know how much of an idiot he is.

Too bad on getting "beat" but never give it to them. pick the right gear and wax that ***
Old 01-26-2011, 04:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sujomatt
u suck.
If you would have read anything else I posted I obviously wasn't trying very hard to smoke his ***.

Originally Posted by SSmokin99
Wow, now he thinks he can smoke LS1's. Learn how to drive man! I don't care what car tries to race me, even if I know I'll beat the other car I never take it for granted so I'm ALWAYS in the right gear and ready.
Let him think that all he wants! And next time he comes across one maybe he'll pull the **** I pulled lol...doubt it

I honestly dont care that I lost, I know how to drive just fine, I didnt accidently put in in 5th instead of 3rd. I thought it would make for a intresting race. And it would have had there not been a 18wheeler in his lane because I had already stopped his pull by then.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by blakez28
I absolutely hate it when i've clearly beat a ricer, but they continue to speed up 115+ weaving through traffic. I don't do roll races with traffic, and i won't weave through traffic while racing. You never know how much of an idiot he is.

Too bad on getting "beat" but never give it to them. pick the right gear and wax that ***
Amen to that, I was not about to chase his *** down through traffic for a rematch in the right gear, Id rather let him think he's fast then crash my car.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:41 PM
TECH Resident

If you would have read anything else I posted I obviously wasn't trying very hard to smoke his ***.
I was just doing what EVERYONE else was doing - and just pickin on u jokin around. But clearly you didn't get that
Old 01-26-2011, 08:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sujomatt
I was just doing what EVERYONE else was doing - and just pickin on u jokin around. But clearly you didn't get that
My fault, everyone else puts a "jk" or some kind of face. I thought u waz seriouz
Old 01-26-2011, 10:57 PM
TECH Regular

Amen to that, I was not about to chase his *** down through traffic for a rematch in the right gear, Id rather let him think he's fast then crash my car.
you have no reason to try and show off, you know your car is a beast. swerving through traffic is like their way of overcompensating but everyone else just sees them being a dumbass.
funny thread hoping to see a rematch posted
Old 01-27-2011, 12:37 AM
12 Second Club

Talking

Well me and my pops were heading to houston from dallas, which is not very exciting until we got to houston. I passed up on a race with a 97 Z28 and a G35 since pops was over there sleeping. Then I come across this white is300 with black rims. Looked pretty good he was in the slow lane so I passed him doing about 70, and I see him pop out behind me I speed up to 75-80 and get in the far left lane to see if he follows.

Sure enough hes on my *** and as soon as the lane next to me is clear he takes off around me so I throw it in 5th (figured that'd be enough...NOPE!) he comes around me pretty good but by the time his rear door is at my front wheel I stopped his pull we were doing about 100-110 and there was a 18wheeler in his lane so I hit the brakes and he got infront of me and gave me flashers and sped off weaving through traffic then exited and put flashers on again...not sure why he did the flashers again I clearly wasnt racing him to his exit lol..

I have no idea what his car had all I could hear was my car...I had all the parts I use for work, my dads clothes, my clothes, and my pops in the car, I know I shoulda put it in 3rd or 4th but I was still suprised he came around me like that.
At least you have the ***** to admit you F*^ked up. It take alot to admit you F*^ked up on this site. These guys well eat your azz up. Lol. good luck next time.

Last edited by Fast T; 01-27-2011 at 12:58 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
LOL I dont live too far from him and called him out in my heavy *** car and he quickly backed down.
i didnt back down from anything. you have a cammed 402. but you know if you think im a punk drive yourself up here and we'll video tape it. ill lose to a stroker 402 440rwhp , but its not like you called out some liar punk. lets go son.

there will be another call out with a different car with different results soon enough. make sure you show up for that.

Last edited by assasinator; 01-27-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Necrocannibal
How far from Memphis? :idea:

Originally Posted by assasinator
about 275 miles. you should know where clarksville is....you would be delighted to race a 5 liter against your 6.7 liters i'm sure. i dont care.

your 440rwhp against my 415ish. 5 liters against 6.6-6.7......sounds fair to me...im not skeered. if we ever do it... dig race with set length. best of three....and i get to install a 200 shot.

i found that WS6 in clarksville. im going to pay him a visit and talk about the run, and what mods he has.

kinda embellishing there arent you? from ls1gto....

not really some kind of call out was it. you only said" how far from memphis?" and i answered. you. never said once i wouldnt run you. i did say id lose. but ive lost before.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by assasinator
kinda embellishing there arent you? from ls1gto....

not really some kind of call out was it. you only said" how far from memphis?" and i answered. you. never said once i wouldnt run you. i did say id lose. but ive lost before.
You knew exactly what I was referring to but Im not going to drive 275 miles so dont worry.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Beans
Take no prisoners OP.

I always go from the right gear, because you never know what the other guy has, and getting caught with your pants down when you could have won sucks.
this^^

but at least you can admit you made a mistake n took a 'lost'