Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

lt1 vs ls1

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
What about after the RPMII and cam?
If you're shooting for around 300rwhp at your weight right now, you'd walk away from me as my slow piece sits right now.
I was talking how u sit now. After the other mods, maybe with u on street tires and me on slick.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Sidenote: drove in my tuners wifes LT1 Z28. Was surprised to say the least at how strong it ran: 3000 stall, mildly ported heads, 224 cam, free mods and then he told me it ran 12.4 @ 112mph. Damn. Just goes to show that if you know what you are doing and match your parts that you can get outstanding results with minimal expenditure.
I think that's what happens for alot of people who ride in a well built LT1. There are so many ratted out ones that run like **** (as with almost any car that they stopped making 14 years ago) that alot of people assume they aren't fast and aren't worth modding. Makes the good ones all the better
Old 01-27-2011, 08:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Sidenote: drove in my tuners wifes LT1 Z28. Was surprised to say the least at how strong it ran: 3000 stall, mildly ported heads, 224 cam, free mods and then he told me it ran 12.4 @ 112mph. Damn. Just goes to show that if you know what you are doing and match your parts that you can get outstanding results with minimal expenditure.
Did you get to ride in his car? I haven't but I've seen it run, sweet mother of god. He also did a good friends LT1 Vette a few years ago. That sum bitch moved out, my LS6 TA wouldn't touch it.