Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ZYBORG C5 Z06 Vs the world (Viper, Corvettes, Cobras, Camaro, SRT4)

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jbs02somws6
Interesting runs. Some of those cobras would have done better though if you had an extra passenger as some of them did. Another thing I noticed is that those cobras really lose momentum as they shift, where your car doesn't drop off so to speak, in between shifts. I wonder if the Cobras are losing boost or aren't shifting fast enough. Nice shifting by the way and your car hung with some impressive rides.

Oh yeah, what the hell are wrong with those cammed z's you ran? Is it the driver mod on your car or do you have mods that you don't know about? Like ported factory heads?? Just wondering...
Agreed on the passenger... depending on the weight a passenger can make a noticeable difference. 1-2 cars... aprox.

I would say than Im better than your average driver and know my car very well so it is possible like you say that Im out driving some of the people that I race. Remember boosted cars also tend to loose momentum as they make their power thanks to boost, when they **** gears they loose boost and have to build it back up as compared to N.A. vehicles that never "drop off boost"

There is nothing wrong with those cammed Z's and as impossible as it sounds my car is what it is.....

An extremely healthy Intake, full exhaust and tune 04 c5 z06...

I know all the history about the car as Im good buddies with its previous owner (ARMY MAJ)....

There is nothing being hidden here.... Not my style..
Old 02-11-2011, 06:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZYBORG

There are many variables in racing, is not just who has the highest number on the dyno and some cars just are set up better/are healthier than others even if the have the same stuff....
Actually I agree with this, your z is pretty efficient it looks like when it comes to putting every pony to the ground, and combined with great shifting, and keeping the revs in sweet spot of the rpm range it's easier to see how you could pull on the cammed vettes. I do wonder though if they were losing traction on their shifts, that would make the most sense.

Just saw last comments. Thanks for the info about boost on cobras. Keep the vids coming!
Old 02-11-2011, 06:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jbs02somws6
Actually I agree with this, your z is pretty efficient it looks like when it comes to putting every pony to the ground, and combined with great shifting, and keeping the revs in sweet spot of the rpm range it's easier to see how you could pull on the cammed vettes. I do wonder though if they were losing traction on their shifts, that would make the most sense.
It is possible, although Im on KDW2s for those runs and had no traction issues then... the black cammed C5Z had the same rubber on, the silver cammed C5Z had nitto invos and Im not sure about the C6....
Old 02-11-2011, 08:45 PM
TECH Regular

man makes me wonder what i could make by adding LT's to my dads c5z got pretty much the same mods.
sweet vids!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice vid man
Old 02-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Launching!

Nice video !

Thanks for Post'n up ^

I have an 03 Z06 Blk/Blk

My car seems to be alittle quicker than most C5's

The day I bought it, (4yrs ago)

I Threw the car sideways on a 4th gear Shift

And I wasn't even trying lol
Old 02-11-2011, 10:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How do you pull a Whipple Cobra but then loose to a H/C Fbody? I guess you have your shifting down better than your opponents.

Either way, your car runs amazingly strong or has a sleeper cam. Take it as a compliment but beware of the new 5.0's
Old 02-11-2011, 11:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28
How do you pull a Whipple Cobra but then loose to a H/C Fbody? I guess you have your shifting down better than your opponents.

Either way, your car runs amazingly strong or has a sleeper cam. Take it as a compliment but beware of the new 5.0's
never seen a bolt on c5 z make 400rwhp and 429rwhp with bolt ons but thats just me
Old 02-12-2011, 03:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by itsslow98
never seen a bolt on c5 z make 400rwhp and 429rwhp with bolt ons but thats just me
I agree. I made 383rwhp with an intake headers and a ported throttle body and the nearest Corvette Shop says a lot of the bolt on C5zs he does average 385-395. I also saw a few videos of this C5z lose to a 450hp S2000 but yet hes beating on 500+ hp Cobras (the whipple cobra and ported blower cobras) and Cammed C5zs. What gives?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HokkvAYPYEs

Last edited by TheHitman; 02-12-2011 at 03:21 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:35 AM
Launching!

its cause some of the guys hes racing are granny shifting, not double clutching like they should...
Old 02-12-2011, 04:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
Im new to the forum and figured Id share one of my videos, its a compilation I put together of some of my best races..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cYA9VJstYw

Feel free to comment and hope you enjoyed.
Nice vids!!!!
Old 02-12-2011, 04:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TT Sedan
Were do you live? I'll find you a better matched 135i (stock turbos still, no N20)

(145 mph is over drive gear in a 135i, and right where 1:1 4th gears ends for ur Z06)
I see ur in socal...U do any dig races!!!!! or that 135i you speak of!!...I had fun with one on 405 freeway one night white,with gloss black wheels he followed me off my exit wilshire to ask me what was done to my car...theres also a flat white 2010 4door m3 i wanna run, That i come across but im usually in my audi..But any ways..hit me up...Theres a bimmer meet tuesday night on sawtelle,olympic,not sure what part of socal u from?
Old 02-12-2011, 04:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DGageSS
its cause some of the guys hes racing are granny shifting, not double clutching like they should...
nice fast and furious kickback lol
Old 02-12-2011, 05:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

I wouldn't make this into a 10 page thread trying to figure out why his car is so fast. every thread on svt blows up too. his car runs very good, and he knows what hes doing. ususally dosen't have a passenger, races his race, ect. just give props and move on.....he makes great videos!!
Old 02-12-2011, 06:10 AM
c6r
On The Tree

That video was so sweet...that I almost caught a nutt watching them, but I don't see a 400rwhp c5z running a 600 hp viper...u gotta have a least 450rwhp my LS brother???
Old 02-12-2011, 06:41 AM
On The Tree

For the mods, your Vette runs VERY good
Old 02-12-2011, 09:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts

Down here in FL its hot and Cobras just dont run as good. Takes a cobra aleast 75 more wheel hp to beat an f-body around here.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:49 PM
11 Second Club

Your Z06 runs damn good, great vids.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
man makes me wonder what i could make by adding LT's to my dads c5z got pretty much the same mods.
sweet vids!
Lts on the general will net you 15 or so rwhp..... but remember is all on the tune.....

Originally Posted by vette0009
Nice video !

Thanks for Post'n up ^

I have an 03 Z06 Blk/Blk

My car seems to be alittle quicker than most C5's

The day I bought it, (4yrs ago)

I Threw the car sideways on a 4th gear Shift

And I wasn't even trying lol
There has been one instance where I threw 4th and the car got a little squirley on me as well... You must be throwing some quick shifts...

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28

I didnt pull the whipple cobra, if you watch the vid more carefully you will notice that I came out harder out of the holeshot and shifted better but in 4th gear he realed me in pretty good and then let of when he was a little ahead of me..

The H/C Fbody was a LS6 block with an MS3 or 4 cam with heads and FAST intake, CAI, 4'10's, LT's and CB exhaust, drag radials.... etc. (all the bolt ons)

The car was really well set up and the guy got me to do his race and drove his car like a mad man.... Props to him..

There are some really stout and well set f-bodies out there too you know.....

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Well mine wouldnt even be considered a bolt on as I only 3 (Intake/LTs/CB), there are many more bolt ons I could do....

Originally Posted by TheHitman
I agree. I made 383rwhp with an intake headers and a ported throttle body and the nearest Corvette Shop says a lot of the bolt on C5zs he does average 385-395. I also saw a few videos of this C5z lose to a 450hp S2000 but yet hes beating on 500+ hp Cobras (the whipple cobra and ported blower cobras) and Cammed C5zs. What gives?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HokkvAYPYEs

You are right that 380-395 is the average, but sometimes you get cars that fall bellow that or above that.

The S2000 you see on that video is Turbo, weights 2,850 lbs and was making 465RWHP on race gas on those races that we had. The car was super stout and built top notch. Im weighting in at 3150 lbs with 400+ RWHP...

The cobras can weight from 3600-3750 lb depending on if they are coupe or convertible...

Remember that is not a good idea to bench race, there are many variables to a race.... Car set up, Driver skill, traction, gearing, weight, aero, ect....

Some cars just run better than others wether they have the same parts or not

Originally Posted by DGageSS
Lol....

Originally Posted by 00silverGTP
I wouldn't make this into a 10 page thread trying to figure out why his car is so fast. every thread on svt blows up too. his car runs very good, and he knows what hes doing. ususally dosen't have a passenger, races his race, ect. just give props and move on.....he makes great videos!!
I agree with everything up above except the "racing my race" part, I always talk to other guy and come to an agreement on the race that we are going to do.

Oh, and thanks.

Originally Posted by c6r
That video was so sweet...that I almost caught a nutt watching them, but I don't see a 400rwhp c5z running a 600 hp viper...u gotta have a least 450rwhp my LS brother???
Oh thanks man, but that is an 06 Viper, they only make 500 HP.

Originally Posted by Heater
For the mods, your Vette runs VERY good
I agree and thanks

Originally Posted by raymond mckinney
Down here in FL its hot and Cobras just dont run as good. Takes a cobra aleast 75 more wheel hp to beat an f-body around here.
Well cobras can be very sensitive to weather conditions and in general a little inconsistent.... and yes it usually takes them a bit more power to beat on Fbodies as they are heavier

Originally Posted by GOATMAN 51
Your Z06 runs damn good, great vids.

Last edited by ZYBORG; 02-12-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like when people mention the LS6 block as a mod or something. It doesn't add any hp.

Quick Reply: ZYBORG C5 Z06 Vs the world (Viper, Corvettes, Cobras, Camaro, SRT4)