Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ls1 vs nismo 370z

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 10:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

nice bump......lol

everyone let the 4.4 sec 0-60 go without a comment? wtf!

oh, and 350's are slow

:stir pot:
Old 10-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fnfastz28
Well let me clear up some of the misconceptions here. I have owned a 2000 SS, a 96 Z28, and a 98 Z28. The 350z's before the 07 models was quite a bit slower with a 5.8 0-60. Not as a fast a Z, but not that far off either. The 07-08 350z had quite a bit more umph especially with the different measuring of hp. So even though they only showed an 8 hp gain over the 06's, it was more like 50hp and that shows in their 5.1 0-60 times. Talk all the crap you want, but I do not know of a single LS1 other than the 98Z or the WS6 trans-am's that were close to that. Look at all the tests. The new 370z nismos run 4.4 0-60. If you have a stock LS1 and race a stock 370z nismo...you will lose, period...if the person can drive. In fact, the stock Nismo 350z would be a very good race for a stock ls1. Oh, and in addition to the above LS1's and LT1's I have and do own a Nismo 350z (#312). Stock for stock the 07-08 350z's are a drivers race...stock for stock a 370z is faster than an LS1. If you beat one, switch seats, it is probably the driver in the Z sucking. However, once you start modding, they are not even close...they respond horribly to mods and they are stupid expensive to gain ANY horse. Put that nismo on a track though and you have had a very bad day...they are much more than a body kit and brakes. The 350 nismos were hand double welded, track tuned suspension by Autech who also set up the GT2 winning nissan, stock wheels capable of running 315/30 tires, brembo brakes with a 70-0 that is on par with the c6 vette, and a slalom speed 1 mph slower than an lotus exige. All cars are purpose built gentlemen...congrats if you can pull out the win stock for stock in a straightline race against a car who straightline ability is the last thing they were thinking of when it was built.
That was a joke right? A 370z and a LS1 are a drivers race with the LS1 pulling on top end. 370z's run low 13's with an excellent driver and on average mid 13's with a normal driver. I raced a 370z Nismo in my CLK55 AMG its a 5.5L 362hp Coupe basically a 2 Door E55 AMG without the supercharger. I beat the 370z by a full car length he was solo and I had a passenger. I will admit it was a pretty close race but the best I ran in my 55 stock is 13.1@108. Bottom line is a 370z should lose to a LS1 7 times out of 10 if the LS1 is driven right.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
my 370z stock 7speed auto ran 13.2@107 more than enough to hang with any stock ls1 a4 or m6. and unlike the 350z. headers/intake/cats/fullexhaust and some good tires will net 12.7 range around 111ish throw in some gears which some have done and they run mid 12s around 114. but after mid 12's they hit a very hard wall. its either nitrous wich noone seems to be doing with them or FI which even the cheapest kits end up being 8 grand after its all said and done. its why i switched to a g8. heck of a lot cheaper to mod. ntm my insurance dropped 80 bucks a month LOL
13.2@107 is pretty good but a properly driven M6 LS1 will and can beat you. I know my Bone stock M6 WS6 would have. It went 12.7@110 with just a lid and cutout.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:01 PM
***Repost Police***

That's not bone stock now, is it?
Old 10-05-2011, 11:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
but you still drive a POS regardless... just sayin...
If you think all DSMs are ****, you're entitled to that opinion.

Mine is a very clean example.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...s-dsm-snow.jpg
Old 10-05-2011, 11:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by trey1010
hey everyone,
so today on the highway i came across a 370z that wanted to run. Well i couldn't get him to slow down so we went from the speed we we were going (70ish) i dropped it in 3rd and waited for him to take the hit, when he did i nailed it stopping his pull. We hung side by side for few seconds then i shifted into 4th and started to slowly pull away and when i hit 5th i quickly let off with about a 2 car lead.
I was rather impressed ! My dad has a 07'350z and i really love his car also.

My mods are: Ls7 clutch, ls6 intake, pp tb, lid, and headers into a xpipe. It is also tuned putting down 343rwhp and 357rwtq
what u expect ?? Domestic wins all day!!
Old 10-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Teching In

A Z without a power adder is child's play.
A 4.4 0-60 is childs play?...wow...what does that say about your car?
Old 10-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Teching In

It went 12.7@110 with just a lid and cutout.
Just FYI...if you do anything to your car, wether you remove the jack in the back, use slicks, or add a lid...that is not "stock". Stock is like you bought it from the dealer.

PS...I am pretty sure I am the only guy on the thread that currently owns both, take it for what you want. As far as the guy who seemingly owns neither...well that right there speaks volumes about how much your opinion means $hit. (thats you beans just in case you don't get it)

Last edited by fnfastz28; 10-06-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
That was a joke right? A 370z and a LS1 are a drivers race with the LS1 pulling on top end. 370z's run low 13's with an excellent driver and on average mid 13's with a normal driver. I raced a 370z Nismo in my CLK55 AMG its a 5.5L 362hp Coupe basically a 2 Door E55 AMG without the supercharger. I beat the 370z by a full car length he was solo and I had a passenger. I will admit it was a pretty close race but the best I ran in my 55 stock is 13.1@108. Bottom line is a 370z should lose to a LS1 7 times out of 10 if the LS1 is driven right.

Not a joke..stats don't lie. People do.

All I am saying is the 350z HR's are a good run for most LS1's. I say "most" because chevy has put the LS1 in just about every car it makes (not that nissan should talk with a VQ). That speaks volumes for our motors, but a low 13 second quartermile and 0-60 of 5.1 seconds stock...regardless of what you think or say that IS Stock LS1 Territory. The 370z Nismo is a bit faster so do the math. That is from an owner of both. The 350z is a better car overall, from braking and handling to comfort, but they SUCK at making horsepower, so do the 370's. Unless you boost them you are not getting over 350whp. In fact most mods, Intake, exhaust, test pipes and the like LOSE power...so those of you claiming to race a 350z HR with "intake and tune and pipes" and this and that...realize chances are it is probably slower than stock...that is fact! You can sneeze at a LS and make motor, that is also fact which is why people bitch when you claim STOCK and yet you have a lid and air filter and this or that...it's not stock. A slightly modded LS1 versus a 350 or 370...the nissan will lose. Stock for stock a 350 is a drivers race and a 370 is faster. Besides, if you have seen a REAL nismo that is a 350 then count yourself lucky or else you have seen a fake. There were only 1607 built including the 7 that went to guam. If you research you will find over a 1/4 of them are no longer on the road. So out of the entire US (25K incorporated cities) there are MAYBE 1200 legit NISMOS left (one for every 25 cities or about)...I am sure you see them cruising all the time every time you step outside...ahem...unlike the rare and hard to find LS1 chevy.

Last edited by fnfastz28; 10-06-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Not a joke..stats don't lie. People do.

All I am saying is the 350z HR's are a good run for most LS1's. I say "most" because chevy has put the LS1 in just about every car it makes (not that nissan should talk with a VQ). That speaks volumes for our motors, but a low 13 second quartermile and 0-60 of 5.1 seconds stock...regardless of what you think or say that IS Stock LS1 Territory. The 370z Nismo is a bit faster so do the math. That is from an owner of both. The 350z is a better car overall, from braking and handling to comfort, but they SUCK at making horsepower, so do the 370's. Unless you boost them you are not getting over 350whp. In fact most mods, Intake, exhaust, test pipes and the like LOSE power...so those of you claiming to race a 350z HR with "intake and tune and pipes" and this and that...realize chances are it is probably slower than stock...that is fact! You can sneeze at a LS and make motor, that is also fact which is why people bitch when you claim STOCK and yet you have a lid and air filter and this or that...it's not stock.The reason why the LS is better and most people choose it..... A slightly modded LS1 versus a 350 or 370...the nissan will lose. Stock for stock a 350 is a drivers race and a 370 is faster. Besides, if you have seen a REAL nismo that is a 350 then count yourself lucky or else you have seen a fake. There were only 1607 built including the 7 that went to guam. If you research you will find over a 1/4 of them are no longer on the road. So out of the entire US (25K incorporated cities) there are MAYBE 1200 legit NISMOS left (one for every 25 cities or about)...I am sure you see them cruising all the time every time you step outside...ahem...unlike the rare and hard to find LS1 chevy.
What else did chevy (not holden in australia) put the ls1 in besides the fbody, corvette and gto (ill consider pontiac chevy fwiw)? I'm pretty sure gm makes a lot more than 3 types of cars none of which got an ls1. And as far as the 350 nizmo being a drivers race your kidding right? Since when do magazine time hold true in the real world they are more like guidelines and a snowballs chance at that. Maybe your ls1 car is just a turd.

You can buy most nismo parts at the dealer counter and even better ones are available after market so racing a true "nismo" isnt as hard as you may think. With that said I have raced a few full bolt on 350z's some with nismo parts and others aftermarket when I was stock or very close to stock and NONE of them gave me a good race. The 370z is faster yes and its an ok race for a stock ls1, going from a dig i think the ls1 would slaughter it either way just because of down low torque on a roll it maybe good but once modding starts theres really no comparison.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:06 PM
***Repost Police***

Please show proof of that. And 1/4 mile times are much more indicative of a car's straight line performance, so what is the quickest time for a stock 370Z? Guaranteed it is slower than the quickest LS1 F-Body. So it is a driver's race.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hugger1975
nice bump......lol

everyone let the 4.4 sec 0-60 go without a comment? wtf!

oh, and 350's are slow

:stir pot:
Thats because you don't own one, haven't probably driven one and the only thing you have to go off of is car and driver or road and track which, take your pick, either one will confirm.

350's are slow, depends on the year and if a 5.1 0-60 is slow then a Stock LS1 is a sloth.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Please show proof of that. And 1/4 mile times are much more indicative of a car's straight line performance, so what is the quickest time for a stock 370Z? Guaranteed it is slower than the quickest LS1 F-Body. So it is a driver's race.
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...0z_first_test/

Here is a 4.7 0-60 and a 13.3 qm at 105.7 in a 2009 NON nismo

Here is the stats according to the same testers for a 2002 camaro ss

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ang_specs.html

Wow...the ol' LS1 not only has a slower 0-60 and QM time than a STOCK 370z non nismo, but it also loses in EVERY SINGLE OTHER TEST...braking, slalom, skidpad...in fact the only thing I see is that once doing well over the speed limit the 2002 SS finally starts to go somewhere...sweet! I will race you from exactly this fast to this fast with no turns, from a dig, at the track where my slicks make traction and my mullet buddies can help tell stories about this one camaro they heard about while drinking blatz that was faster than all other camaros ever built so we can all brag that ours is equally as fast...I have a unicorn too if you want to see it...again...stats don't lie...people do. Want more "proof"...find your own until then I refuse to argue the point with anyone else who has not owned and driven both.

Last edited by fnfastz28; 10-06-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by redbird555
What else did chevy (not holden in australia) put the ls1 in besides the fbody, corvette and gto (ill consider pontiac chevy fwiw)? I'm pretty sure gm makes a lot more than 3 types of cars none of which got an ls1. And as far as the 350 nizmo being a drivers race your kidding right? Since when do magazine time hold true in the real world they are more like guidelines and a snowballs chance at that. Maybe your ls1 car is just a turd.

You can buy most nismo parts at the dealer counter and even better ones are available after market so racing a true "nismo" isnt as hard as you may think. With that said I have raced a few full bolt on 350z's some with nismo parts and others aftermarket when I was stock or very close to stock and NONE of them gave me a good race. The 370z is faster yes and its an ok race for a stock ls1, going from a dig i think the ls1 would slaughter it either way just because of down low torque on a roll it maybe good but once modding starts theres really no comparison.
again you only prove you dont knwo what you are talking about...nismo parts make a nismo eh? A v6 camaro with a lid is closer to a SS than a z with nismo parts actually being anything like a nismo. I am sure you know they are taken off the line and hand built and hand welded which makes them are about 35% more rigid than a standard Z. They also have VLSD which is the same as a detroit locker in the rear not offered in the other z's? Actual aerodynamics that work? Wider tires?Would you like me to keep going? You guys talk $hit...all of you and you PROVE with each commetn you don't even know WTF you are talking about. good job guys.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:59 PM
***Repost Police***

Thats because you don't own one, haven't probably driven one and the only thing you have to go off of is car and driver or road and track which, take your pick, either one will confirm.

350's are slow, depends on the year and if a 5.1 0-60 is slow then a Stock LS1 is a sloth.
So here you talk **** about magazines...
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...0z_first_test/

Here is a 4.7 0-60 and a 13.3 qm at 105.7 in a 2009 NON nismo

Here is the stats according to the same testers for a 2002 camaro ss

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ang_specs.html

Wow...the ol' LS1 not only has a slower 0-60 than a STOCK 370z non nismo, but it also loses in EVERY SINGLE OTHER TEST...braking, slalom, skidpad...in fact the only thing I see is that once doing well over the speed limit the 2002 SS finally starts to go somewhere...sweet! I will race you from exactly this fast to this fast with no turns, from a dig, at the track where my slicks make traction and my mullet buddies can help tell stories about this one camaro they heard about while drinking blatz that was faster than all other camaros ever built so we can all brag that ours is equally as fast...I have a unicorn too if you want to see it...again...stats don't lie...people do. Want more "proof"...find your own until then I refuse to argue the point with anyone else who has not owned and driven both.
And then here you use magazines as definitive proof. And still no 4.4s 0-60 time. I've been the first to defend HR 350Zs and 370Zs when people talk about how slow they are, but what you are saying is just wrong. There have been actual people who have run their stock F-bodies faster than any Z has gone. But if you insist on using magazine times, why don't you look up what Evan Smith from Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords ran in a stock Z28. I don't care what cars you own... If you make a blanket statement like 370Zs are faster than LS1 F-bodies, you are wrong.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:30 PM
10 Second Club

^ This guy still thinks he's in the street racing section on Kia forums. A 4.4 is quick if we're talking about the average car on the road, but that number isn't going to scare many people in an LSx racing forum.

This is my car. BigBeans is my username on some of the import sites. The vid quality sucks (was recording for ***** and giggles) but you can tell what's going on if you watch in full screen/HD. This pull is 0-69mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_zLwGABSeg
Old 10-06-2011, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Irunelevens

I want to say 13.1@108 im sure it was at atco or some other low DA strip. its silly that some on here think every ls1 runs 12.7@110. some people just refuse to accept for every ls1 that ran 12.something "stock" there was 10 that ran low 13's and a few than right mid 13s. those obviously being the guys who actually were stock for the most part.

no 370 or 350 Z hr or ran 4.4 0-60 on stock tires and probably not even with slicks. just not enough TQ.
and being ive owned both ill honestly still say an ls1 m6 is quicker. but a 4 speed TA and a 370z is a very very close drivers race.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beans
^ This guy still thinks he's in the street racing section on Kia forums. A 4.4 is quick if we're talking about the average car on the road, but that number isn't going to scare many people in an LSx racing forum.

This is my car. BigBeans is my username on some of the import sites. The vid quality sucks (was recording for ***** and giggles) but you can tell what's going on if you watch in full screen/HD. This pull is 0-69mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_zLwGABSeg

so why are you showing vids of a car that will be on cinder blocks in a few months because the front drive shaft wont stay together?
Old 10-06-2011, 07:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

a 4.4 zero-sixty is pretty respectable......BUT a 370 aint pullin that stock.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Restricted User

Hmm from what I noticed racing 350z's was they have **** for torque and they would always pully decent up top. That was in my lt1 though lol. No match with a little modded LS

Quick Reply: Ls1 vs nismo 370z