Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Some rematch races vs Mustang gt turbo, camaro z28, Cobras and Evo 9

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 09:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I think Tech needs to incorporate Facebook "Like it" tabs in these forums. What do you guys think?

That should sum it up pretty well.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:24 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
Thanks for the back up,

I dont really mind the spelling correction too much as i also get annoyed when im trying to read something and its all kinds of fucked up. (spelling and sentence structure)

As far as the exotics, i have raced some but I dont always have my little camera set up handy and available.

I got more videos, ill probably make a thread with all of them for all to see...

So many people under estimate the hell out of c5 z06.... So im trying to do my best to raise awareness as to how strong they can run with minimal mods.
Tell me about it..Got hundreds of races and only like 8 vids..Ive probally raced 10 differant supras rangeing from 430 rwhp to 800 rwhp and have one vid against a 550 rwhp one that is crappy quality.

I have always been impressed with the C5Z06. Admittedly more impressed with it than the C6Z06. C5Z06 was mind blowing at 3150 pounds and 405 HP for only 55K back in 2002. It ran only a few ticks slower than the 25K more expensive 80K 2002 GTS 450 HP Viper. 12.2 at 119 and 12.4 at 116 respectively. But anything else it was beating. The F360 was in the rear view as well as most other exotics includeing P cars.

At the end of the day it was a 55K GM product beating or running close with 80-200K rides.

The c6Z06 is awesome but at 75K PLUS (both guys I know paid 84 and 87K) well yea your still getting killer performance but unlike the C5Z06 were the fact that it was a vette at 55K doing all the damage to other brands, In the C6Z06 at 80K the fact that its a vette and cost that much to do the same damage just dosent wow me over the way the C5Z06 did. Actually its the reverse. 80K is just too much for a fast vette. While the C5Z06 was priced perfectly IMHO

Originally Posted by WSsick
Killemall is wrong again. I post up plenty of kill stories, lots with videos, and since I write like someone who has something higher than an 8th grade education they are good reads. Small spelling mistakes aren't a big deal, but your unbearable rambling bullshit attempts at creative story writing are horrendous. IMO coherent boring story > Killemall's lame attempt at making a race which he lost worst than he claims sound better than it was

Your Mopar story was good? I try to make it interesting. It was a Lambo and a Porshe..Worthy of a lil creativity. Never gonna please everyone. But when just that one person tells me they loved the story then it was worth it. Win or lose dosent matter to much to me. Everytime I look at my car and the potential I havent even really tapped yet and still have around 500 rwhp with a few bolt ons..Plus a light weight start point. Win or Lose Im pretty happy

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Thats the one right der

Originally Posted by corysmach1
I dont understimate C5Z's at all they are amazing cars...hell I want one very bad but I dont know if my budget will allow it....my best freind had one with your mods and sold it to my other buddy....its the one I raced a long time ago....my brother and I were talking I almost gurantee he would be down to meet you if I brought it up to him.....that would be great to see!!!
C5Z's are amazeing and have built a street cred matched by few others

Originally Posted by dkbmxer002
i've been faster than both of you and have videos of my car and i still hate poor grammar and spelling.. you don't have to be perfect but at least make an effort to not look like an uneducated idiot.
Your avatar says 11 second club...So your faster than what exactly. 11's would have been bragging rights 6 years ago. NOWADAYS you can buy a factory stock viper/ZR1/lambo/ferrari that runs 10's showroom stock. And I dont mean one guy has done it in a negative DA..I mean legitimate 130 plus mph trapping vehicles that can.. My car as well as the OP's are very capable of 11's off the showroom floor. So unless you need to update your avatar or your talking about a differant car then Im not following you

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
You don't drive a Viper, therefore you don't get an opinion.
You said that not me. I drove a Fbody for years so dont try that BS with me. i went from fbody to Y body loing before I ever even sat in a snake

USE MULTI QUOTE MOTHER FOCKERS
Old 02-25-2011, 11:40 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Killemall
I have always been impressed with the C5Z06. Admittedly more impressed with it than the C6Z06. C5Z06 was mind blowing at 3150 pounds and 405 HP for only 55K back in 2002.
55K in 2002 is equal to 68K now.

The C6 is slightly more expensive, but when you consider 9 years of inflation, it's not much of a difference. When the C6 first came out, the difference was obviously more, but at present they are about the same. C6Zs can be had new for a little over 70, maybe people you know paid more because it was in HI?
Old 02-25-2011, 11:51 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your Mopar story was good? I try to make it interesting. It was a Lambo and a Porshe..Worthy of a lil creativity. Never gonna please everyone. But when just that one person tells me they loved the story then it was worth it. Win or lose dosent matter to much to me. Everytime I look at my car and the potential I havent even really tapped yet and still have around 500 rwhp with a few bolt ons..Plus a light weight start point. Win or Lose Im pretty happy
It was pretty good if I do say so myself. Your creativity is pathetic and pretty painful to read. Just tell the story with good detail and it'll be much nicer to read.

Originally Posted by Beans
C6Zs can be had new for a little over 70, maybe people you know paid more because it was in HI?
Just this past summer there was a 3LZ C6Z for $59,999. That's a fully loaded brand new C6Z06 for the price of a well-optioned Z51 or a Grand Sport. Deals are out there.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:20 PM
10 Second Club

Just this past summer there was a 3LZ C6Z for $59,999. That's a fully loaded brand new C6Z06 for the price of a well-optioned Z51 or a Grand Sport. Deals are out there.
That's awesome.

I've never seen one below 70 around here, but then again i haven't been in a GM dealership in a few years.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:59 PM
11 Second Club

Your avatar says 11 second club...So your faster than what exactly. 11's would have been bragging rights 6 years ago. NOWADAYS you can buy a factory stock viper/ZR1/lambo/ferrari that runs 10's showroom stock. And I dont mean one guy has done it in a negative DA..I mean legitimate 130 plus mph trapping vehicles that can.. My car as well as the OP's are very capable of 11's off the showroom floor. So unless you need to update your avatar or your talking about a differant car then Im not following you
i ran 11's about 5 years ago... the avatar picture or sig don't give you any sort of hint that maybe i haven't updated one little line that says "11 second club"?
Old 02-25-2011, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My car as well as the OP's are very capable of 11's off the showroom floor.
Not with you driving it.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Not with you driving it.
I used to like you.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snake95
I used to like you.
Don't like the new sig? You do know that I have a Ford right?
Old 02-25-2011, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Don't like the new sig? You do know that I have a Ford right?
I think I remember you mentioning it I was just ribbin' ya.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snake95
I think I remember you mentioning it I was just ribbin' ya.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Teching In

Not with you driving it.
Sure he could.

11secs from the start until the wall.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

That should sum it up pretty well.

NOWADAYS you can buy a factory stock viper/ZR1/lambo/ferrari that runs 10's showroom stock.

My car as well as the OP's are very capable of 11's off the showroom floor.
The average person cannot generally, realistically afford to spend $90+k on a brand new car. So that argument is voided.

Also, you said your car is very capable of 11's off the showroom floor? Did you end up getting a slip while your track in Hawaii was open? When did you guys say that track closed again? Because electronic gadgets don't exactly count.

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
Sure he could.

Made me , but harsh man, harsh
Old 02-25-2011, 08:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
Sure he could.

I almost spit up my drink all over the monitor lol
Old 02-26-2011, 06:21 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Beans
I'd love to see some testing with extreme compression and E85 in N/A applications.

Guys have run 11:1 with 35+psi on E85 and had record breaking results.
highest record for a stock block N/A C6 Z06 is 670whp/612wtq on E85 (compression around 13.3) they went as high as 14.0 with E85.

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
I wonder how well my car would respond to an e85 conversion? Has anyone done it here to their NA vehicle?
if you dont bump the compression, then there isnt any noticeable gains. you will probably gain about 2-3whp, 2-3 peak tq. how i know? 3 different cars (2010 bolt-ons LS3 camaro, H/C/I LS2 GTO, and H/C C6 Z06) the ls3 camaro gained only 2whp, and 2wtq. the GTO gained about 2whp/ 3wtq. and the Z06 gained pretty much nothing (not exactly sure what was the gains if there was any) but all showed about 3-4whq/4-5wtq gain in the mid range. the Z06 owner also tried E85 when his car had only bolt-ons, and he said he pretty much gained nothing too (i believe around 3whp).

Im running E85 now, but im at 13.25 car put down almost 600whp N/A (596whp but we believe we will hit 600+ by just adjusting the tune, we will find out in couple of weeks!) im also considering NW 102 tb and KBII CAI (should help getting close to 615whp) and maybe a 100shot this summer

brand new 3LZ C6 Z06 for 60k? what year? i bet it is an older one or its not a 3LZ, maybe a 1LZ? 3LZ 09s were selling for ~$70K last summer. but yeah your right, deals are out there, you just need to find them
Old 02-26-2011, 06:23 AM
10 Second Club

BTW great runs... im not sure if i missed this, what mods on your z06?
Old 02-26-2011, 11:40 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by walhan_qtr
brand new 3LZ C6 Z06 for 60k? what year? i bet it is an older one or its not a 3LZ, maybe a 1LZ? 3LZ 09s were selling for ~$70K last summer. but yeah your right, deals are out there, you just need to find them
This was last summer ('10) and the car was a red '09, it was was definitely a 3LZ. I went in and asked about what the deal was and they said it just never sold so they would keep dropping the price until it sold. I'm not a red car fan, but if I had that money I would have bought that car in half a heartbeat.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:21 PM

This was last summer ('10) and the car was a red '09, it was was definitely a 3LZ. I went in and asked about what the deal was and they said it just never sold so they would keep dropping the price until it sold. I'm not a red car fan, but if I had that money I would have bought that car in half a heartbeat.
your not a red car fan? Or is that that you would have to trade in your 5000 dollar camaro and pay the other 55,000 which you couldn't do if your life depended on it. "not a red car fan" LOL!

very nice vids zyborg.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by bigboyls1
your not a red car fan? Or is that that you would have to trade in your 5000 dollar camaro and pay the other 55,000 which you couldn't do if your life depended on it. "not a red car fan" LOL!
Damn, I guess you get offended pretty easy by someone not liking the color of your car. You sound real mature buddy. Quit being a douche because my opinion on car colors is different than yours.

I don't know too many college students that could afford a $60,000 car. Red cars are too typical/normal too me, so I like other colors (CYBER GREY Z06 = ). So yeah, I'm not usually a red car fan, but if I had the money to buy that car I would have bought it that day because of the deal.

Oh, and apparently my car is worth $7,500 to the buyer, not $5,000. You were close though.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by walhan_qtr
highest record for a stock block N/A C6 Z06 is 670whp/612wtq on E85 (compression around 13.3) they went as high as 14.0 with E85.
Sounds like my kind of car.