Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Took out a CLK 500

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 03:44 PM
STF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took out a CLK 500

I was on my way home tonight, after workin on my boat all afternoon and getting my car washed (oh so pretty when she's clean). I'm ahead of most of a large pack of traffic when I see in my rearview a Benz of some variety or other weaving agressively through traffic to get ahead of everybody. I see him (well her, a lady was driving, her p-whipped man was in the passenger seat) accelerating pretty strongly so I figure what the ****, and floor it with her about 8 or 10 carlengths back. I was doing probably 75mph at the time, and I would guess she had to already be doing at least 85mph. I figured I'd pull cleanly, but to my annoyance she kept creeping up on me a carlength or so at a time. It didn't help that we were going uphill around a broad gradual curve and I only had about 85% throttle for a few seconds through the roughest part. Anyway, she keeps creeping up till her rear bumper is at my door... that was about 115 or 120mph. Funny thing starts happening after that though. I slow and then reverse her forward progress. By the time I let out of it at about 128 or 129mph (we were coming to the top of the hill, and I knew there would likely be traffic stopped at the light not far ahead), I had walked maybe a carlength and a half in front. If we'd had more room to run, I have no doubt I'd have kept walking.

I was gonna take the long way home so I could try and run her from a dig at the next light, but there was traffic galore, so I just took my turn and went home. Oh well. Still won.

Did finally get a glimpse of the model. CLK 500. Never heard of it. Had to look it up when I got home. 302hp, 339ft/lbs, 3585lbs, about $53k.
Old 02-15-2004, 04:01 PM
TECH Junkie

nice yuppie kill !
Old 02-15-2004, 04:16 PM
STF Veteran

Oh, something else I should mention. About a year ago, I was killed pretty harshly by a benz on almost that exact same strech of road back when I was in the mustang. A bit of poetic justice today think I.