Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 01:28 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bad *** lt1!
Old 03-15-2011, 01:35 PM
8 Second Club

The Z06 is a 600hp(with mods) car and its weight is around 3200 or less. What do you think an LT1 has to do or have done to it to compete with that? Not to mention putting 5 cars on his ***. Ok, and why is my car a race car? It has tags, full insurance, an up to date inspection(legal), and full interior. Because I had slicks and drag wheels on it that makes it a drag car? DiscerningZ32 first 2 posts were nothing but negative comments towards me and my car so yeah I do get defensive over that. Based on that I felt douche was right on the money. You dont like the vid or my thread Im sure there are plenty of other threads on this site to check out

Last edited by THADD; 03-15-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:36 PM
8 Second Club

And to the guys that arent talking ****, thank you for the compliments
Old 03-15-2011, 01:39 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
I like fast LT1's, it's kinda lame though to leave out crucial facts about a race.
That, of course, is just my opinion.
I never said it was stock and I cant believe anyone would think I meant that. An LT1 makes all of 230hp stock, give me a break. I only said it was an LT1, nothing else. And my car is an LT1. Plus not to mention you can click on my name and it tells you plenty of info on my car. Kinda hard to hide info that way.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:46 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by THADD
The Z06 is a 600hp(with mods) car and its weight is around 3200-3300. What do you think an LT1 has to do or have done to it to compete with that? Ok, and why is my car a race car? It has tags, full insurance, an up to date inspection(legal), and full interior. Because I had slicks and drag wheels on it that makes it a drag car? DiscerningZ32 first 2 posts were nothing but negative comments towards me and my car so yeah I do get defensive over that. Based on that I felt douche was right on the money. You dont like the vid or my thread Im sure there are plenty of other threads on this site to check out
I was being blunt because I thought you were intentionally withholding your mods and that **** has gotten really old in SR&K.

The fact that you only listed some of your mods and then said people would be surprised is why I thought that.

Doesn't look like it was intentional though, so my bad.

The boat anchor joke was just, well... a joke.

Your car is quick, nice job.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:46 PM
11 Second Club

Nice kill man... How much NAWWzz are you spraying? and what mods does the Vette have?
Old 03-15-2011, 01:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't assume it was stock, no one would assume a stock LT1 beat a cammed C6Z (I mean, they lose to V6 Mustangs these days ). Most everyone on this site could get even the most illegal car passed on inspection. That means nothing. The race car term applies in this case IMO...I'm sure you put a 3 speed in it for gas mileage...others may have different opinions. It's always good to beat a stout car like a cammed C6Z, but it's been done thousands of times. Your car is definitely fast man, don't get me wrong.

The "results may surprise you" line was what bugged me.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And the sound of all hell breaking loose when he hit the throttle wasnt a small ****** clue of what he was packin? nice work OP.. that bitch is bad
Old 03-15-2011, 02:03 PM
TECH Resident

NIce kill op...when I first saw the thread title it said lt1(mine) vs c6zo6 < does not any where say the lt1 is stock...it just says it is yours! So I knew it was not stock every one here loves to bust peoples ***** on here..but any ways great kill op...bad *** lt1!!! Your build is my dream build for my ls1 minus the nawwwzzzz
Old 03-15-2011, 02:04 PM
8 Second Club

Son of a bitch you guys are a hard group to please, lol. Let me start over........

Fully built to the max 383(all forged)all bolt on's LT1 with a huge freakin shot of nitrous, all out drag car, on drag wheels and tires, with a horse jockey for a driver, th350 tans with a 4000 stall, Moser 12 bolt, Spohn TQ arm and LCA, UMI subframes, UMI drag bar, QA1 coil overs and shocks, Cold Fusion stand alone fuel system, Hurst quarter stick, 6 point roll cage, bigger injectors, Trickflow heads, 58mm TB, Hooker LT with a bullet and a dump, and electric water pump VS C6 Z06........better? Oh and sorry for fiming under water
Old 03-15-2011, 02:05 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
And the sound of all hell breaking loose when he hit the throttle wasnt a small ****** clue of what he was packin? nice work OP.. that bitch is bad
I'm pretty sure we all knew he was packin a power adder, but we didn't know the full setup, hence why we wanted it.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:12 PM
8 Second Club

And the Z06 called me out at a cruise in. I just wanted to say that incase anyone thought I was picking on him.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:16 PM
TECH Regular

Son of a bitch you guys are a hard group to please, lol. Let me start over........

Fully built to the max 383(all forged)all bolt on's LT1 with a huge freakin shot of nitrous, all out drag car, on drag wheels and tires, with a horse jockey for a driver, th350 tans with a 4000 stall, Moser 12 bolt, Spohn TQ arm and LCA, UMI subframes, UMI drag bar, QA1 coil overs and shocks, Cold Fusion stand alone fuel system, Hurst quarter stick, 6 point roll cage, bigger injectors, Trickflow heads, 58mm TB, Hooker LT with a bullet and a dump, and electric water pump VS C6 Z06........better? Oh and sorry for fiming under water
MUCH better. I can sleep soundly now.

Though, H/C/I 383 with a 100 shot would suffice...

Hold on a second... you didn't say how much it weighs...
^^^Disclaimer* This is a bad joke.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:16 PM
11 Second Club

I like fast LT1's, it's kinda lame though to leave out crucial facts about a race.
That, of course, is just my opinion.
Seems you would have put 2 and 2 together and known the LT1 had to be extensively modded to pull a a cammed/bolt-on C6Z on the highway like that. Heck, as soon I heard the downshift I knew he was sprayin' a good bit. Guess that's for us more seasoned guys though.

Originally Posted by WSsick
Oh ok, so a race car beat a fast street car. Got it. Not surprising in the least.
I'm suprised you of all people would make a comment like that. Sounds like something Ke^in or Maurissio would say.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:20 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
Seems you would have put 2 and 2 together and known the LT1 had to be extensively modded to pull a a cammed/bolt-on C6Z on the highway like that. Heck, as soon I heard the downshift I knew he was sprayin' a good bit. Guess that's for us more seasoned guys though.
I knew there was clearly more to the car than what was listed immediately.
Hell, I put his mod list in my first post and before he posted it......
Did you not see that or something...

There was no confusion about his mods, I just thought he was intentionally withholding his mods to look clever. I was wrong. I don't know where you got the idea that I couldn't tell his car was well built. It was pretty damn obvious...
Old 03-15-2011, 02:24 PM
12 Second Club

And the Z06 called me out at a cruise in. I just wanted to say that incase anyone thought I was picking on him.
****, I'd be picking on him for sure if I knew my boat anchor was faster than a C6Z.

I'm suprised you of all people would make a comment like that. Sounds like something Ke^in or Maurissio would say.
What can I say, midterms are talking their toll. Just seemed like he was making it out to be like this should never happen and his LT1 was more than it is. I realize he that's wrong now, but with the ambiguous OP, you can see where I can from.

........or maybe I'm just an LT1 hater.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:38 PM
11 Second Club

I knew there was clearly more to the car than what was listed immediately.
Hell, I put his mod list in my first post and before he posted it......
Did you not see that or something...

There was no confusion about his mods, I just thought he was intentionally withholding his mods to look clever. I was wrong. I don't know where you got the idea that I couldn't tell his car was well built. It was pretty damn obvious...
I don't think the OP meant it like that at all. I think he knew it would be suprising to see a race with an LT1 against a C6Z and the LT1 actually wins. You know, since most people think LT1's can't be fast and all. lol

What can I say, midterms are talking their toll. Just seemed like he was making it out to be like this should never happen and his LT1 was more than it is. I realize he that's wrong now, but with the ambiguous OP, you can see where I can from.
Your usually pretty sharp and I know you know dang well that ain't no race car. Just a VERY fast street car obviously.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:46 PM
12 Second Club

Your usually pretty sharp and I know you know dang well that ain't no race car. Just a VERY fast street car obviously.
**You're

I think that car is borderline race car. Granted, there are MANY tricks he could pull out, but it definitely leans that way. I don't know, maybe I said it more to bug the guy, which is a real possibility.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:51 PM
11 Second Club

**You're

I think that car is borderline race car. Granted, there are MANY tricks he could pull out, but it definitely leans that way. I don't know, maybe I said it more to bug the guy, which is a real possibility.
You're really killing me with this whole "race car" thing.

I suppose with the new nitrous kit, cage, suspension, big & littles my Corvette qualifies as a race car.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:56 PM
12 Second Club

You're really killing me with this whole "race car" thing.

I suppose with the cage, suspension, big & littles my Corvette qualifies as a race car.
Eh, I don't know where to draw the line really so I just thought I'd **** him off. Like I said, midterms are ******* with my brain. I think I'm going to test drive my dream GTO here in a few to clear my mind. This stupid website/HTML project is realllllllllly getting to me.

I don't know if I could cage a C6 though, that'd be tough. I'd just make a pass or 2 to make sure the traps are where they should be and hope I can make a good pass my first time out.

Quick Reply: LT1 vs C6 Z06