Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Turbo cobra, WS6, 91 trans am, STI, camaro SS, cobalt SS, "oh my!" **VID**

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 04:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Turbo cobra, WS6, 91 trans am, STI, camaro SS, cobalt SS, "oh my!" **VID**

Little compilation vid I threw together from a bunch of runs on Sunday. Vid explains all the details. It was a great turnout and I wish I could have gotten ALL the runs on camaera.

BTW, windows movie maker BLOWS! I'm investing in some real movie editing software this summer! *end rant*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeJMMVb-ELM
Old 03-21-2011, 08:08 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First! Too bad I can't watch until I get home...well I could, but I don't have headphones for here in class.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:40 AM

The video came out great! Real fun time yesterday!
Old 03-21-2011, 10:52 AM
10 Second Club

Cool vid, nice to see the season starting...although i'm looking at snow coming down outside right now.

Also, nice launch, Mr. STI. I didn;t know it was possible to bog a 30R car on a 20psi launch (sounded like the gate was open). I guess you learn something new every day
Old 03-21-2011, 11:00 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Beans
Cool vid, nice to see the season starting...although i'm looking at snow coming down outside right now.

Also, nice launch, Mr. STI. I didn;t know it was possible to bog a 30R car on a 20psi launch (sounded like the gate was open). I guess you learn something new every day
He probably didnt wanna go from a dig cuz he doesn't know how to - least he tried!
Old 03-21-2011, 11:19 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by sujomatt
He probably didnt wanna go from a dig cuz he doesn't know how to - least he tried!
True, i guess.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:55 PM
Teching In

badass video!
Old 03-21-2011, 01:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good video!
Old 03-21-2011, 01:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for compliments everyone!

Yea the TA owner was trying to get that kid to run from a dig all night and he was deadset on a roll run. We obviously knew the STI would be quicker from a roll which was why we didn't want to do it. Finally we basically forced the kid to go from a dig since we stopped next to him and warmed up the tires. Right after he yelled "I'm not going from a dig" he was on his 2-step LOL. Guess he changed his mind.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Yea the TA owner was trying to get that kid to run from a dig all night and he was deadset on a roll run. We obviously knew the STI would be quicker from a roll which was why we didn't want to do it. Finally we basically forced the kid to go from a dig since we stopped next to him and warmed up the tires. Right after he yelled "I'm not going from a dig" he was on his 2-step LOL. Guess he changed his mind.
Lol, that's one way to get the race you want.

I've got to wonder what kind of power he was making to bog like that from a 2-step launch. He definitely had some boost built up before he dropped the clutch.

Driver win for the WS6 on that one.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Poppn
badass video!
Is this Josh? If so I had to watch the first run with you and my brother like 15 times. I swear it looks like you pull the front tire off the ground lol. I couldn't get over it!
Old 03-21-2011, 01:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Lol, that's one way to get the race you want.

I've got to wonder what kind of power he was making to bog like that from a 2-step launch. He definitely had some boost built up before he dropped the clutch.

Driver win for the WS6 on that one.
He had never had it on a dyno so were really not sure. He said it was street tuned and he didn't want to dyno since he was upgrading to a GT35 turbo soon. His story kept changing though so IDK. Like SRZ mentioned in his vids, one time the kid told someone he was at 18 PSI and then he told another kid he was at 24 PSI so we really have no clue. Don't know if the kid that owned it even knew himself.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Teching In

The kid in the STi was saying that in a few weeks it would have another 100-200whp.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Is this Josh? If so I had to watch the first run with you and my brother like 15 times. I swear it looks like you pull the front tire off the ground lol. I couldn't get over it!
yea this is josh lol, I watched it a bunch too...the front lifts like crazy on that run lmao
Old 03-21-2011, 01:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
The kid in the STi was saying that in a few weeks it would have another 100-200whp.

He doesn't know whats in it now, how can he make that call lol
Old 03-21-2011, 01:45 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
I hope he's got a built motor and supporting mods...
Old 03-21-2011, 01:49 PM

He wouldn't really say what it made at first, and then after he raced the SS he said it made 450-460 awhp. I asked him if they had a good idea that it made that and he said they knew and told me where they dynoed it. It definitely didn't pull like a 450 whp car in my honest opinion. Maybe more like a 390-400 whp car. Then after we were done for the night he told me that the dyno was down so they street tuned it and they didn't actually have numbers on it.

Him and his friend were cool, he was just a little hard to read. He was definitely excited about getting the bigger turbo on there so I'm sure we'll see more of the car this year.

I hope he's got a built motor and supporting mods...
He did say right off the bat that the motor was just built and he only had like 1,100 miles on it so far. This was his first time out really beating on the new setup I believe.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:59 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
He wouldn't really say what it made at first, and then after he raced the SS he said it made 450-460 awhp. I asked him if they had a good idea that it made that and he said they knew and told me where they dynoed it. It definitely didn't pull like a 450 whp car in my honest opinion. Maybe more like a 390-400 whp car. Then after we were done for the night he told me that the dyno was down so they street tuned it and they didn't actually have numbers on it.

Him and his friend were cool, he was just a little hard to read. He was definitely excited about getting the bigger turbo on there so I'm sure we'll see more of the car this year.

He did say right off the bat that the motor was just built and he only had like 1,100 miles on it so far. This was his first time out really beating on the new setup I believe.
Fair enough, but i certainly don't think it's in the mid 400s. Coming from someone with the same turbo in an AWD, it doesn't seem like it's at that power level to me.

At about 360-370whp i start having traction issues launching. At 400+ i can't hook in 1st gear even from a roll. He has more rubber i'm sure, but he managed to bog and stay dead hooked the whole time. No offense to him, but I think 400whp is a bit of a stretch. I'm thinking 360-380, personally.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:17 PM
TECH Resident

At 18 or so psi on a 30R id say hes at 380ish. I was at 405 with (IIRC) about 21psi

And I personally like the wheels!
Old 03-21-2011, 02:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got to watch them and it did not disappoint.

STi guy sounds sketchy.