Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Owned and Almost Clipped by a Jeep SRT8 *VID*

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011 | 05:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wav3form
I don't mean to offend people here that have pickups or suvs that drive them safely but god damn if everyday I don't see some idiot in a white contractor pickup or some jacked up hillbilly truck doing just down right dangerous aggressive driving. I think that has a lot to do with living in Virginia and there being a lot of trucks on the road but those things handle like **** and are slow (yes 99% of them are slow) but they think they're invincible.

I just stay away. I let them pass, I slow down, I pull off at the next exit if close to home... not worth it.

On occasion I rape the **** out of them just to prove a point then slow back down to semi-legal levels. They're insane I tells ya.
I drive a pick-up and I have to say thats complete BS. In my area anyways the truck drivers are generally a whole lot better drivers. I almost never see trucks in fender-benders, its always cars! And my truck handles great with wider tires and has plenty of power for being a work vehicle. Just wait til one day you meet a tuned duramax that puts you too shame.
And judging by the way you're talking about how you "rape the **** out of them"..., Why are you even trying to race a completely different class of vehicle? Sounds like a whole lot of wasted gas.. If I beat a 2.2Liter 4 door sunfire in my TA should I be proud of it?
I can almost guarantee that you're one of the sketchy *** drivers on the road, you probably drive exactly the same or worse as the "dangerous truck drivers" but don't realize it.
Old 04-07-2011 | 06:14 PM
11 Second Club

i think we can chalk it up to pretty much 25% of all drivers (car, motorcycle, truck, big rig) are ********, how about that?
Old 04-07-2011 | 08:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TonyGXP
i think we can chalk it up to pretty much 25% of all drivers (car, motorcycle, truck, big rig) are ********, how about that?
Works for me!
Old 04-07-2011 | 08:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TonyGXP
In my area 99% are pickup and suv drivers. I always assume that 100% of big rig drivers are methed out dickholes based on the constant accidents involving them on highway 81.
Old 04-07-2011 | 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i always thought those things looked soooo sick
Old 04-07-2011 | 08:58 PM
On The Tree

In my area 99% are pickup and suv drivers. I always assume that 100% of big rig drivers are methed out dickholes based on the constant accidents involving them on highway 81.
I drive a rig myself as well... I'm kind of getting the idea that you hate everything about me. hahaha.
Rig's only make up 3% of all accidents on the road.., and out of that only 1.7% are the truck drivers fault. Rig drivers have the best safety records out of all drivers. The only reason why you hear about the truck accidents is because when you hit someone with a truck they and anyone else involved is almost guaranteed dead, hundreds of car accidents happen in between that no one hears about.
I know lots of respectable rig drivers that don't do drugs, abide by all laws and go home to their families at the end of their trip. The industry isn't as bad as it used to be.
Old 04-08-2011 | 05:15 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by FordHater
I drive a rig myself as well... I'm kind of getting the idea that you hate everything about me. hahaha.
Rig's only make up 3% of all accidents on the road.., and out of that only 1.7% are the truck drivers fault. Rig drivers have the best safety records out of all drivers. The only reason why you hear about the truck accidents is because when you hit someone with a truck they and anyone else involved is almost guaranteed dead, hundreds of car accidents happen in between that no one hears about.
I know lots of respectable rig drivers that don't do drugs, abide by all laws and go home to their families at the end of their trip. The industry isn't as bad as it used to be.
Do you guys really have to pass each other uphill during rush hour?
Old 04-08-2011 | 03:48 PM
On The Tree

Do you guys really have to pass each other uphill during rush hour?
Sometimes we have too if another truck is going too slow otherwise we won't make it up the hill. It all depends on how steep the hill is and how much weight you're pulling.
Also do you know how many times cars cut us off or brake right in front of us on a daily basis? Should I assume ALL car drivers are terrible drivers?
Old 04-08-2011 | 03:52 PM
TECH Regular

Sometimes we have too if another truck is going too slow otherwise we won't make it up the hill. It all depends on how steep the hill is and how much weight you're pulling.
Also do you know how many times cars cut us off or brake right in front of us on a daily basis? Should I assume ALL car drivers are terrible drivers?
If I were you I'd consider everyone a bad driver... it's safer that way. I give you guys lots of room because I know how tough it can be to do that for a living. You guys aren't all bad... just the bad ones ruin it for the rest. Thanks for doing what you do!
Old 04-08-2011 | 03:59 PM
On The Tree

If I were you I'd consider everyone a bad driver... it's safer that way. I give you guys lots of room because I know how tough it can be to do that for a living. You guys aren't all bad... just the bad ones ruin it for the rest. Thanks for doing what you do!
We do appreciate people who give us lots of room and who have a basic understanding of how a truck needs to turn, etc. Yep, most truckers aren't as bad as they seem! As the old saying goes.. If you got it, a truck brought it!
Old 04-08-2011 | 04:19 PM
TECH Regular

We do appreciate people who give us lots of room and who have a basic understanding of how a truck needs to turn, etc. Yep, most truckers aren't as bad as they seem! As the old saying goes.. If you got it, a truck brought it!
If people even knew how far behind a trailer they need to be before the driver can see them in their mirrors, they'd be surprised.
Old 04-25-2011 | 02:42 AM
TECH Regular

wow close call...I say next time You should pull this move on him....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoLRbBy7tfA