Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Fun week, finally got my first kill

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 08:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fun week, finally got my first kill

Well I was working nights this week so I found myself driving down the interstate around 10 pm every night so I figured on some nice quiet drives home in my camaro(mods in sig). I've been wanting to get my first kill so bad. Well Wednesday night I get off work and hit the interstate and Im on the phone with the wife. I see headlights come flying up behind me. I get all excited as they look like some kind of pontiac. I speed up to get through traffic get over in the right lane, dud, just a grand prix with two guys in there. The passenger is hanging out the window wanting to race. So I give him the hit and 1 car length before I hit it and well long story short they did not fair so well but thats to be expected. I just enjoyed playing around a bit and the wife was none the wiser on the phone. Well they followed me to my exit and stopped at the gas station and talked. They were just passing through and liked the car and wanted to see what all it had. Not ricers or anything like that, just two pretty cool guys that appreciate cars and wanted to see me get on it. Seemed to know a little bit about cars.
Well then last night I start getting on the interstate and there just ahead is what looks like a 2000ish firebird? I'm no expert on the year models so I don't know if it was a WS6 or LS1. Anyway I just set the cruise and casually drive by ( not a ricer fly by) look in my rear view mirror and here he comes. I speed up a good bit to come through traffic just to make sure he's interested and into the clear and here he comes. Yes! I get over in the right lane and slow down to 80ish thinking he would match my speed. Well he is roughly a car length behind me and I see his front end rise and here he comes. He got 1/2 to a car length ahead of me and I hit it. Immediately stopped his pull and flew by him. When I got a car to a car and a half I let out hoping (speed had gotten into the dangerous zone) to get a straight up race. Same thing happened twice so no straight up race then he slows down and gets in the right lane and rides for about 2 miles. I slow down and pull beside him and he gets off at the next exit. I roled down the window and waved. Would have liked to know what all was done to it though. I would guess nothing more than stock to a few minor bolts ons but Im no expert. Afterwards I had to call the wife and tell her I finally got my first somewhat of a race in my car. It felt great.

Last edited by Johnboy26; 04-01-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Good kill, I bet it felt good to get the first one under your belt.

BTW, a WS6 will have an LS1 in it, as well.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by snake95
Good kill, I bet it felt good to get the first one under your belt.

BTW, a WS6 will have an LS1 in it, as well.
What would you know about F-bodies you mustang lover?!

Good kill OP. It always feels great to get that first kill with a new car or new set up!
Old 04-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Teching In

LOL. I miss my cobra too. I hope to buy another one sometime next year but Im loving this set up and plan on keeping it.
Thanks guys.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Staging Lane

First kills are always great.good job takin down a worthy opponent or maybe not considering your car has a forced induction setup.I'm guessin a super charger.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Teching In

Its an sts turbo set-up. Still working alot of bugs out of it. Took out the resistor that gets hot, changed some wiring, upgraded the oil pump to get rid of oil in the intake. Still nosing over at 5400 rpms but its getting there. Been wanting to test it out and actually get to enjoy it a little. It was great and made all the time and work worth it. I'm sure I'll get my *** handed to me by something this year and I'll dump more time and money in it, but thats all part of the fun.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Staging Lane

ok cool,once you get the bugs worked out I'm sure it will be even more fun!There's like a million threads on here regarding the sts turbo kits, I'm pretty sure you can find a ton of helpful info.Search is your friend!