Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

600rwhp SS vs 550whp Shit talking civic. VIDS.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 01:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
Cool story and all but looking at some of the vids, you DID jump the honks on the 3rd video... And on the first video, you dont even hear them... Also you were letting off very quick... Turbo cars will usually play catch up....

Also, everytime i race someone their chicks always come a blatantly let me know how much they want me right then and there.
I had my mickeys aired down and I just put in my moser 12 bolt a few weeks back. I am still airing out problems with it and at high speeds Im getting a very bad vibration and I dont feel comfortable going faster. I was shutting down at the top of 4th @ 125-130.

40-130 or 60-130 is plenty long enough to prove who is faster. This isnt the texas mile where Im going to run out 5th gear to 180mph and see if he comes back. I am not into that ****.

safety first in my eyes and my car right now isnt 100% up to my safety standards. Those are the reasons for shutting down quick.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Killemall
Not kool to disrespect someones women like that. You guys are both car enthusiast who had some runs. You came out the better man this time. Congrats.

No reason to take it that far. Just leave it about the cars.
they werent a couple. Just some chick riding with him.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Killemall
Ive got to agree with you Zyborg. It did look like the OP was jumping out on the civic to me. Also everytime you see the civic coming up at an alarmingly fast rate the OP gets off the gas.

Race the guy again and dont jump out or let off the gas quickly. You know. A fair race.

If I let off at 110 mph against the 10 differant Supras Ive raced I would have beaten 9 of them. Being that I stayed in it till 130-150 mph Ive only beaten 3 of them.
LOL

that "coming back at a fast rate" is called me letting off and coasting. When Im done spraying, I let off, turn off my nitrous then hit the brakes. I do it all the time.

apparently I should start slamming on my brakes as soon as I am done to give a clear sign Im off so it doesnt misguide people like you.

nice to see your trying to find explanations tho
Old 04-23-2011, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

That honda dude needs some better tires, he was spinning BADDD off the hit.

And his dumb *** needs to learn to brake boost too.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TheHitman
That honda dude needs some better tires, he was spinning BADDD off the hit.
believe it or not, it has nitto drag radials on it.

it was 32* out last night.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:58 PM
On The Tree

drag radials don't do **** for fail wheel drive. He needs to run straight up slicks. We had an acura where I grew up in NY that make 700fwhp. He couldn't get traction on anything except a full slick.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:00 PM
10 Second Club

What's up with the haters fellas? He had the guy by bus lengths, why stay in the gas. Killemall I've had the same thing happen to me with some single turbo Supras in the past to but my car isn't built for top end. It's built to run from a dig and the same guy that pulled me past 130mph lost bad from a dig or even a slow roll. If I pull a car 5-10 lengths from any starting point i'm not going to stay in it just to see if he's gonna catch up. Sorry but that's dumn!!
Old 04-23-2011, 02:01 PM
11 Second Club

drag radials don't do **** for fail wheel drive. He needs to run straight up slicks. We had an acura where I grew up in NY that make 700fwhp. He couldn't get traction on anything except a full slick.
yup. I 100% agree.

however, that isnt my problem lol.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by odarabla
What's up with the haters fellas? He had the guy by bus lengths, why stay in the gas. Killemall I've had the same thing happen to me with some single turbo Supras in the past to but my car isn't built for top end. It's built to run from a dig and the same guy that pulled me past 130mph lost bad from a dig or even a slow roll. If I pull a car 5-10 lengths from any starting point i'm not going to stay in it just to see if he's gonna catch up. Sorry but that's dumn!!
exactly man. I am on a 26" tire, with 4.11's. Im strung out around 130 in 4th. I dont like to spray in 5th so if I am ahead of then, I shut down.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

Thats because they are built differently. My Supra pulls hardest 100mph and up and thats why a lot of those guys like high rolls. Even something more familiar here Corvettes, most m6 corvette guys pull harder 70 and beyond because of gearing and thats why you see corvette and viper guys do high rolls as well. No one wants to run their car from the place where their car is the weakest. I don't run my Supra from a dig unless I'm at the drag strip with my drag pack on.

If you set a race you set a start speed and a finish speed period, that way there are no excuses at that point.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

car sound good man. I really need to get some numbers on spray, the ms3 loves it!!
Old 04-23-2011, 02:40 PM
10 Second Club

Thats because they are built differently. My Supra pulls hardest 100mph and up and thats why a lot of those guys like high rolls. Even something more familiar here Corvettes, most m6 corvette guys pull harder 70 and beyond because of gearing and thats why you see corvette and viper guys do high rolls as well. No one wants to run their car from the place where their car is the weakest. I don't run my Supra from a dig unless I'm at the drag strip with my drag pack on.

If you set a race you set a start speed and a finish speed period, that way there are no excuses at that point.
I agree.. I've raced a few different twin turbo and single turbo Supras in my car and the only one that really surprised me was the single turbo. We went first from about 80mph and I pulled maybe 2-3 cars on the guy until around 120-130 when he started to come around me (fast) but he claimed 700+ hp from his car and told me he ran 128+mph in the 1/4. I was expecting to get my *** handed to me with what he was saying but when I pulled that first race like that I was surprised for sure. It only got worst from slower rolls and from a dig. From a 20mph roll I pulled 6-7 cars out on the guy until I shut it down at around 120-130mph but he was right there at my back bumper when I shut it down. My car made 447rwhp and 403trq and ran a best of 10.90@123mph on the stock bottom end motor. BTW my car is an auto with 4.11 gears and 28" tall tires..
Old 04-23-2011, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

I agree.. I've raced a few different twin turbo and single turbo Supras in my car and the only one that really surprised me was the single turbo. We went first from about 80mph and I pulled maybe 2-3 cars on the guy until around 120-130 when he started to come around me (fast) but he claimed 700+ hp from his car and told me he ran 128+mph in the 1/4. I was expecting to get my *** handed to me with what he was saying but when I pulled that first race like that I was surprised for sure. It only got worst from slower rolls and from a dig. From a 20mph roll I pulled 6-7 cars out on the guy until I shut it down at around 120-130mph but he was right there at my back bumper when I shut it down. My car made 447rwhp and 403trq and ran a best of 10.90@123mph on the stock bottom end motor. BTW my car is an auto with 4.11 gears and 28" tall tires..
The guy sounds like a serious non-driver to me. He first tells you that he makes 700rwhp, only traps 128mph in the 1/4 and only beats you by a car from an 80 roll? Either he isn't making 700rwhp or he is just spouting off a race gas number his tuner told him and never runs the car at that much boost. Also He needs to sell his car and get something he can easily drive.

Brake boosting in Supras makes a huge difference at high hp like that. If he was really making 700rwhp he would pull you hard up top and put a good amount of lenghts on you if he really knew his car. Also I guarantee he got some laggy POS off the shelf turbo that makes big power up top and completely negates mid range power.

The biggest thing of everything you said that confuses me is that said he made 700rwhp and trapped only 128mph? I trapped that at making 200whp less on my old low boost map and spinning nonetheless. Tell your friend that he sucks at driving.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:10 PM
10 Second Club

The guy sounds like a serious non-driver to me. He first tells you that he makes 700rwhp, only traps 128mph in the 1/4 and only beats you by a car from an 80 roll? Either he isn't making 700rwhp or he is just spouting off a race gas number his tuner told him and never runs the car at that much boost. Also He needs to sell his car and get something he can easily drive.

Brake boosting in Supras makes a huge difference at high hp like that. If he was really making 700rwhp he would pull you hard up top and put a good amount of lenghts on you if he really knew his car. Also I guarantee he got some laggy POS off the shelf turbo that makes big power up top and completely negates mid range power.

The biggest thing of everything you said that confuses me is that said he made 700rwhp and trapped only 128mph? I trapped that at making 200whp less on my old low boost map and spinning nonetheless. Tell your friend that he sucks at driving.

LOL he's not my friend.. Just some guy that hangs around the lake front from time to time.. I'm not sure about his setup and really didn't care. He was making jokes about my car and wanted to run so I ran him. If he's the sort of fella to increase his #'s to make him look better then the truth will come out in the end. I agree with you regarding the HP #'s he was claiming but I also know that some supra's are dyno queens making great hp #'s on a dyno but not running the #'s at the track. I use to own a 1997 limited edition twin turbo supra and went a best of 11.80@120mph with the stock turbos, after market intake, down pipe, exhaust, BOV and manual boost controller. I also figured that with the larger single turbo he would have a bit of lag on the low end and his car wouldn't recover well between shifts.

Sounds like you are taking this a bit personal. This has nothing to do with how well your car has ran or is running.

If you are spinning out of the hole you will run more mph than if you hook.. Just thought you should know this..

Last edited by odarabla; 04-23-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=kidcamaro98;14822600
40-130 or 60-130 is plenty long enough to prove who is faster[/QUOTE]

Period!!! If you aren't In front of me at 130, you lose. Very very few street cars trap much over 130.

So he should have stayed in it until 160 so the civic could put a fender on him maybe? He beats him 40-155 and It takes the civic that long to put a nose on him. Why would anybody allow that? If I pull 5+ lengths from 40-90 I'm going to stop ASAP, its dangerous enough as is.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:24 PM
On The Tree

LOL he's not my friend.. Just some guy that hangs around the lake front from time to time.. I'm not sure about his setup and really didn't care. He was making jokes about my car and wanted to run so I ran him. If he's the sort of fella to increase his #'s to make him look better then the truth will come out in the end. I agree with you regarding the HP #'s he was claiming but I also know that some supra's are dyno queens making great hp #'s on a dyno but not running the #'s at the track. I use to own a 1997 limited edition twin turbo supra and went a best of 11.80@120mph with the stock turbos, after market intake, down pipe, exhaust, BOV and manual boost controller. I also figured that with the larger single turbo he would have a bit of lag on the low end and his car wouldn't recover well between shifts.

Sounds like you are taking this a bit personal. This has nothing to do with how well your car has ran or is running.

If you are spinning out of the hole you will run more mph than if you hook.. Just thought you should know this..
Guys like that person you ran **** me off. Bottom line is the dude lied about his numbers because he would trap A LOT higher than 128mph if he was really making 700rwhp. Dyno queen Supras can pull a good trap speed, just not a good ET. They make the power but can't get the power down.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:30 PM
10 Second Club

Guys like that person you ran **** me off. Bottom line is the dude lied about his numbers because he would trap A LOT higher than 128mph if he was really making 700rwhp. Dyno queen Supras can pull a good trap speed, just not a good ET. They make the power but can't get the power down.
Agreed.. My buddy had a notch back at the same time I owned my Supra and he was running 10.98-11.15 @116-118 with a built 347ci SBF and a C4 tranny. Talk about pissing me off that I couldn't run the E.T. the car was capable of..

I miss my Supra..
Old 04-23-2011, 04:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

x878378

It was a forcible rape of a race. The guy in the Civic should have watched his mouth before racing you. If anything, the only reason I would've ran it out to 140-50 is to make a statement. I think regardless of the circumstances, you would win any and every race against him. 40 and 2/3 MPH roll, foglights on only and no headlights, clap your hands 3 times before shifting, you name it.

Good kill!
Old 04-23-2011, 04:46 PM
Teching In

A good drag radial like an MT ET street will do a lot better than a full slick on the street for a FWD.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
A good drag radial like an MT ET street will do a lot better than a full slick on the street for a FWD.
Define "a lot better".

Quick Reply: 600rwhp SS vs 550whp Shit talking civic. VIDS.