Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

0wn3d a Transformer Tonight

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 01:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 0wn3d a Transformer Tonight

So, let me paint the scene. I was in unusual territory tonight, driving within 5 mph of the posted limit on Elgin-OHare Highway because I'd been in the "Low Fuel Warning" idiot reminder area for about 20 miles. EVERY gas station I'd passed was closed, but I knew of one just off I-290 at IL-83. I'm in a clump of cars, doing conservative and sloooow passes. Out of nowhere, a black 5th gen Camaro with four obnoxious teens and transformer stickers gets this close ----> <---- to the guy in the lane next to me. I was like "Wow, what an a-hole."

The kid threads the needle between him and me, and I tap the brakes and bump over a lane to get away from him. The passengers egg him on into yet another interesting lane change as we approach a red light. He's going too fast to stop for the line, and ends up a length and a half out in the intersection. The guy in front of me gets in the turn lane to go left. So now, I'm in the left lane. Transformer Boy is in the right. Some dude in a mushmobile is in the middle lane (i.e. a non-combatant). The ramp I need to make for I-290 is to the right, roughly 200 yards ahead.

At that point, I feel an eerie echo of my previous kill story.

But, this time, at least I can recognize the car. Clean looking black Camaro, with a goofy sticker on the side, an aggressive goof behind the wheel, and whole posse of goofs egging him on. They had music going and were doing the fist pump thing out the window. Yes, even sitting out in the middle of the intersection. They looked... special.

The light turns green, and the race isn't even close. My tire squeal got the driver's attention, and I saw the Camaro's nose lift. That was about it, though. I put five or six car lengths on him by the time we hit the ramp, and another ten on by mid-ramp. I got off the pedal at around 95 or so.

Up ahead, I spied a cop with a customer in opposing traffic, and an unmarked car sitting in the turn-around, watching the pretty lights. It would have been too perfect for Transformer Boy to get pulled over, but alas, that level of entertainment wasn't in the cards tonight.

Instead, the Camaro got right on my butt, and stayed there as I coasted down to 70 or so. I couldn't see his headlights. He was that close. Sore loser . He stayed there until I got tired of him (long enough to make sure my radar stayed silent, and lots of cars built up between me and the cop. That took about 15 seconds, at which point, I turned Transformer Boy into a distant dot in my rear view.

Fun times indeed. Makes me wish the T/A was done.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should write books. I was so entertained by the storyline I actually hung onto every word... +1 sir..
Old 04-25-2011, 02:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate any douchecock that "fist pumps" lol they deserve to eat the pavement
Old 04-25-2011, 02:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by versz
You should write books. I was so entertained by the storyline I actually hung onto every word... +1 sir..
Read his sig.

Good story.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The funny thing is, the story is verbatim from what happened. Those guys looked like absolute dorks. I'm guessing they were drunk or high. I think perhaps I need to pick more challenging races. The last couple were more like "abusing the special folk." I have a buddy who HAD a killer WRX STi (400 WHP before spray), and who I'm sure would have stomped me flat. Still would have been fun to do a race or five. But, his son ran the car low on oil before we could do a line up (leaking drain plug + teenage attention span = heart beaker).

Another buddy as a stock Audi RS6, and knows how to race, so that might be fun. I just got to convince him to go for it.