Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02SS vs 11SS

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 10:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 02SS vs 11SS

Coming home from work and had one pull up next to me. Gray SS with some guy that looked like he didnt know what he was doing gassed it a little - automatic so he popped it out of gear. I revved back - M6. He laughed like my car was slow seeing how it was older. So come green light I popped the clutch and went. By the end of first gear he was at my back tire and never moved ahead of me. Kept him there through 4th and then I let up. He didnt even look at me when he passed and turned off. I honestly thought those cars were faster stock than what I have in and added on mine - sig for details on mine.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:50 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The auto ones (L99s) can be a bit of a turd stock, since they don't put down much more than an LS1 did stock but weigh 300+ more. However, a tune really wakes those cars up. maybe he is going home and looking for mods already.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took a Auto L99 out and did a run with my friends G37 auto intake and exhaust and he crushed me. I went on 2 instead of 3 ofcourse since its an auto but the kick down is sooooooooo delayed he pulled immediatly 1 1/2 cars. Then i get to the top of the gear and slightly start pulling and once it shifted i lost another car, lol. I was in the car pissed as to how slow and sluggish the tranny is.