Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Stirring The Pot A Lil

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 12:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those shifts were killing you! The cars seemed to be pretty well matched up, but every shift you dropped back. Nice runs nonetheless. I like how the GTR sounded.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:24 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Good race! Should've invited a vette to finish the job.....Im just stirring the pot.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:44 PM
Teching In

WooHoo...Let us all go out and buy an import now.
The GTR is faster than a poorly driven Vette. Looks like I will be waiting at the Nissan Dealership on Monday morning....

Even if someone gave me that car, I would sell it and buy a Z06 or a modded KB GT500.
That is just me and other may have their own opinion...if it is different than mine, then I don't want to hear it.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MACH32V
The GTR is faster than a poorly driven Vette. Looks like I will be waiting at the Nissan Dealership on Monday morning....

Even if someone gave me that car, I would sell it and buy a Z06 or a modded KB GT500.
That is just me and other may have their own opinion...if it is different than mine, then I don't want to hear it.
Just to play the devil's advocate here...presumably a person buying a GT-R cares about handling, just as many Vette owners do.

I would argue that due to AWD, a highly modded GT-R will retain more of that handling prowess than a highly modded Corvette would.

Around a track, you would need to be a professional driver to make any use of 700+hp in a RWD Corvette, while the average to above-average driver could presumably make more use of 700+hp in a GT-R.

But handling's just a ricer excuse.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:40 AM
TECH Regular

Handling is also very subjective.

Sure, it will be easier to pilot the GTR around a track quickly (and likely quicker than the vette) but that does not equate to better handling in the eyes of the driver. I like driving like a hooligan and I like doing all my own driving.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:59 PM
c6r
On The Tree

That godzilla vs kingkong vid was some funny ****...the gtr's are fast man" u died with honor!!!!
Old 05-08-2011, 03:01 PM
c6r
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1rob00
Those shifts were killing you! The cars seemed to be pretty well matched up, but every shift you dropped back. Nice runs nonetheless. I like how the GTR sounded.
the shifting in the gtr is much better than a manual could ever be....modern tech at it's finest
Old 05-08-2011, 05:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
Good race! Should've invited a vette to finish the job.....Im just stirring the pot.
What up dawg.....hows that mustang holding together?

Originally Posted by MACH32V

lol, word.

Originally Posted by 1992TsiAWD
Just to play the devil's advocate here...presumably a person buying a GT-R cares about handling, just as many Vette owners do.

I would argue that due to AWD, a highly modded GT-R will retain more of that handling prowess than a highly modded Corvette would.

Around a track, you would need to be a professional driver to make any use of 700+hp in a RWD Corvette, while the average to above-average driver could presumably make more use of 700+hp in a GT-R.

But handling's just a ricer excuse.
I dunno man,..I think a good driver, coilovers on the vette, with a proper sized DOT tire....and it'd be hard to beat. I've made 185mph+ multiple lane changes without problems with the above listed....where a skyscrapper tall gtr may have rolled in the same situation.

All subjective however. Handling is everything to me, which is why I bought a Corvette in the first place.

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
Handling is also very subjective.

Sure, it will be easier to pilot the GTR around a track quickly (and likely quicker than the vette) but that does not equate to better handling in the eyes of the driver. I like driving like a hooligan and I like doing all my own driving.

word.

OP:... faster shifts,..like flatshifting/powershifting,.. you woulda probably been door to door with the nissan.

Time for more power holmes.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Launching!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fo18raOX6M
Old 05-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
What up dawg.....hows that mustang holding together?
Still together....
Old 05-10-2011, 09:18 PM
Teching In

more power is exactly what you need. And some good tires. get SC'd and call it a day.. or N20 and call it a day... or Turbo.. and call it day.. do something to crank that sucker over 650/800tq and call it a day. Then you can live up to your SN of killemall and actually get some kills. Good video btw.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:24 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^agree, I know we all can't afford a big bad *** lambo like Rsky, but dammit Killemall get some boost in that viper and give Rsky a reason to up his game.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:57 PM
Launching!

I think Ive already given RSKY close enough calls to add a lil somthing to his beaste. Im getting tires throttle and a retune to take my AFR from 12.8 to 13.2. traction will help me put that torque down and the mods should give me another 20 rwhp. But for now i will allow rsky to bask in his glory of being the CHAMP......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86No_Ddbw_E
Old 05-10-2011, 11:24 PM
9 Second Club

^150 shot and smoke him.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:03 AM
Teching In

Yeah stop being a panzy. You have nothing to lose
Old 05-11-2011, 12:12 AM
Launching!

I know not everyone will feel th same way I do but when you have the largest regular prodction engine in the world (vipers) 8.0-8.4 liters. In my case a 8.3 liter v10. Well adding nos or boost dosent really seem that great to me. Its no secret that Vipers are at the top of the food chain when boost ect is added.

But is it really so respectful having a V10 8.x liter engine with boost/nos and yanking everyone?

To me Id prefer to get the potential from the 8.3 liters I have first. Im going a very safe route but hope to have 550 rwhp and 600 rwt this year NA and drivable just like a stock viper.

Once I get that done I think it's gonna be a very potent street car. 550 rwhp and 3200 pounds. If I still get yanked by a few cars here and their then Ill add nos for 1500$ or a used paxton system for 4000$, And drive around on pump gas at 700 rwhp and 6 psi of boost.

but Im gonna get that 550 rwhp NA first

I
Old 05-11-2011, 12:40 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Killemall
Its no secret that Vipers are at the top of the food chain when boost ect is added.
I
That's a joke, right?
Old 05-11-2011, 12:48 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by WSsick
That's a joke, right?
Yup, the two I think of the most are supra's and ford GT's since they both seem to be trading records for highest speed in a standing mile.

Killemall, why the baby steps in upping the performance on the viper. Just go big cam and heads. Shouldn't that get you some serious gains and you'd stay N/A with no spray?
Old 05-11-2011, 01:02 PM
TECH Regular

Its no secret that Vipers are at the top of the food chain when boost ect is added.
What exactly are vipers best at again?
Oh, that's right... nothing.

There is no constant top of the food chain. It's always changing.
Though I don't think vipers were ever at the top...
Either way, you (and I) are no where near it.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Teching In

I know not everyone will feel th same way I do but when you have the largest regular prodction engine in the world (vipers) 8.0-8.4 liters. In my case a 8.3 liter v10. Well adding nos or boost dosent really seem that great to me. Its no secret that Vipers are at the top of the food chain when boost ect is added.
But is it really so respectful having a V10 8.x liter engine with boost/nos and yanking everyone?

To me Id prefer to get the potential from the 8.3 liters I have first. Im going a very safe route but hope to have 550 rwhp and 600 rwt this year NA and drivable just like a stock viper.

Once I get that done I think it's gonna be a very potent street car. 550 rwhp and 3200 pounds. If I still get yanked by a few cars here and their then Ill add nos for 1500$ or a used paxton system for 4000$, And drive around on pump gas at 700 rwhp and 6 psi of boost.

but Im gonna get that 550 rwhp NA first

I
Apparently it is a secret