Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Puppy kicking: Middle Aged ricer in a 2G eclipse

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 01:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Puppy kicking: Middle Aged ricer in a 2G eclipse

So coming home after a workout, i was driving casually in my 98 trans am that is has intake, cutout and ptb with factory 2.73 A4.... nothing special

I was traveling in a 45 zone going around 50 mph or so... and all of a sudden i see this ****** blowing past me at 70+ mph and weaving through traffic like a madman...
Im thinking to myself... "ok, perhaps he has to take a **** bad since he is in such a rush..."

I didnt think much of it since i was just enjoying nice miserably hot weather (IN CA) and some nice tunes blasting in my car, i ended up catching up to the speedster at a red light... His car appeared to be a 97-99 eclipse GST since it had a high rise factory spoiler. The driver appeared to be in his early 50's with his car nicely riced out...

The reason i said "nicely" riced out is because he had no body kit on it, had a candy colored green paint with black hood and factory black painted spoiler with an aftermarket fartcan type exhaust and pillar gauges and some descent looking black 18 inch rims... Even though it was somewhat clean it still screamed to me because of the fartcan catback (I personally hate the ******* look of it even on respectable imports like evos, sti's, supras etc.)....

So we are lined up with me having no intentions of racing what so ever, since i wasnt wired up but rather tired...
Light turns green and he jumps the gun and pops his clutch... As i see him taking off, i gently floor the gas pedal of the trans am at about 25mph and proceed to put couple of busses on him no problem.

As i did that, i slowed back down to 33-34mph (the most perfect downshift point for 2.73 geared A4) to wait for his ricer fly by.... as he is at my door, i just nail it stopping his flyby instantly putting him back a couple busses again where he belongs...

At the end he just smiled and waved and proceeded with another ricer flyby which i dint respond to anymore... gas is friggin expensive

Cliff notes:
Intake/Exhaust A4 2.73 ls1 puts middle aged ricer in his place

Last edited by black_phoenix; 05-14-2011 at 02:19 AM.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice kill. sounds like he took a loss respectably
Old 05-14-2011, 02:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SHovV
nice kill. sounds like he took a loss respectably
yea, he did, i threw a couple of revvs at him after the race to remind him not to mess with GM V8's Great color of the car you have there btw

Last edited by black_phoenix; 05-14-2011 at 02:23 AM.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:42 PM
***Repost Police***

Good kill, but just so you know the Eclipse GS had the option of that spoiler as well. Just for future reference.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

at least he waved
Old 05-14-2011, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Good kill, but just so you know the Eclipse GS had the option of that spoiler as well. Just for future reference.
I'm not too good with different trims of those eclipses, but hell, it won't make a difference to me if it was a regular gs... still pulled him like a train and put him in his place lol. If it was a descently modified gst, I would have had a lot more trouble with him
Old 05-15-2011, 11:29 AM
On The Tree

Musta been a non-turbo, for sure. Turbo cars with extremely mild boltons will at least give you a decent run.