Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

The Traditional Ricer Fly By.....i dont get it.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 05:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Traditional Ricer Fly By.....i dont get it.

even if it isnt a ricer....seems like they all wanna do it.

tonight i was on my way home from grabbing some food, and a 2010 or 11 maxima just absolutely ripped past me, while i was doing 55, so i decided to punch it ( **** the food now... ) and i started to reel him in, and once i got on him, i switched lanes and i was out. this isnt the first time, i get blown past, and then play the catch up game. anybody experience this annoyance? haha

to be honest. i was pretty surprised because our ls4's stock dont have TOO much more horse then the new 3.5.the 3.5s just dont make torque for ****. thats definitely a factor. what do they have, 290 something horse? i just didnt think i was going to catch and pass him as fast, so if anybodys wondering, NO, the new maximas do not have enough under the hood to take an ls4 powered car. clearly not even enough to fly by you and stay ahead of you. my car is stock. not so sure if his was, but it sounded stock. black max, dark tints, so who knows. but all i know, is....

another kill for the ls4.

the catch up and pass game is actually kind of fun. mulitplies their embaressment when you pass them by about 40 percent.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't even mess with it.. If they need that much of a jump for me not to absolutely destroy them, its not worth my gas.

I have had it happen doing 55 and they pass wide open at 80, newer 3.2 acura, by the time they hit 90-95 I was coming by like he was sitting still. I'm sure he felt like ***.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:13 PM

thats exactly how it happend, i made my pass once i got him and he probably scratched his head because number one, he definiteky had no idea wtf i had under the hood. but oh well, isnt it si tempting when they do it though? haha
Old 06-01-2011, 02:22 PM
TECH Resident

I let em fly on by. Especially when you catch up with them two miles down the road and they have the cherries and berries behind them.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

i know where to find all the little girl drivers in their slow *** cars around here on a friday or saturday night. find him again with his buddies at a group meet and ask to run heads up from a dig. watch him back out then you can call him all sorts of disrespectful homosexual terms.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:28 PM
On The Tree

I agree with Gringo ask him to go from the dig and see what he says. Priceless!
Old 06-02-2011, 03:54 PM
TECH Resident

Are you sure he was doing a flyby and not just driving like an assclown? I used to think that too, until I starting daily driving my civic and realized that people are just stupid and drive like that.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So basically, guy took advantage of a straight away, open lane, and you assumed he was trying to show off/instigate a race with your stock, FWD MC... Cool story, yo.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yuh know a lot of times its hard to spot sarcasm on the net. But nope not this time, there it is.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 06-03-2011, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike
So basically, guy took advantage of a straight away, open lane, and you assumed he was trying to show off/instigate a race with your stock, FWD MC... Cool story, yo.
hmmmm, alright. lets see. curvey, turn-filled highway, at speeds of 130 miles per hour. doesnt sound like taking advantage of a semi-open lane. the guy was ******* with me for miles, and eventually flew past me. and HAHAHA, my FWD MC. what could FWD possibly have to do with the situation? did the guy say, " im going to fly past him because he has front wheel drive " ...think so? and how could he of possibly known my car was stock. well then again, youre the guy on the highway who can look at a car and know every performance part it has. im sorry, youre correct. all your comment was, was a direct sarcastic attack, and now that i think of it, you were probably the guy who flew past me in your fat girlfriends maxima. ANYWAY, cool assumptions, yo.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by Brian396
Yuh know a lot of times its hard to spot sarcasm on the net. But nope not this time, there it is.
ahhh, theres always gonna be a-holes of this matter everywhere you go lol.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by ImpSS07
Are you sure he was doing a flyby and not just driving like an assclown? I used to think that too, until I starting daily driving my civic and realized that people are just stupid and drive like that.
lmaoo, dude, i normally would think that. but normally, its obvious when you see a 1994 minivan topping out down the highway, ( being an assclown. ) but what i experienced, it wasnt hard to tell what he was doing lol
Old 06-03-2011, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by gringo dfw
i know where to find all the little girl drivers in their slow *** cars around here on a friday or saturday night. find him again with his buddies at a group meet and ask to run heads up from a dig. watch him back out then you can call him all sorts of disrespectful homosexual terms.
LMFAO, i doubt ill ever see him again. was definitley a one time thing, but anyhow, i would definitley love to do that.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SSMonte07
hmmmm, alright. lets see. curvey, turn-filled highway, at speeds of 130 miles per hour. doesnt sound like taking advantage of a semi-open lane.
So, it was good enough for your car to stretch it's legs out there, but absolutely impossible to believe that this is what he was doing. Clearly, this " 'curvey,' turn-filled highway, at speeds of 130mph" is far too dangerous a stretch for a 2010-11 Maxima to be going doing driving like an assclown on. Logically, he was just trying to race a 2007 Monte.... in the same " 'curvey,' turn-filled highway, at speeds of 130mph."

the guy was ******* with me for miles, and eventually flew past me.
You left that out earlier, bud. I wasn't there, just going based off of what your original post entailed. Heck, if he was doing that for miles, then yeah I can definitely see your point.

and HAHAHA, my FWD MC. what could FWD possibly have to do with the situation? did the guy say, " im going to fly past him because he has front wheel drive " ...think so? and how could he of possibly known my car was stock.
It was meant to allude to the fact that the Monte isn't really viewed as a performance car, and you might need to take off those rose-colored glasses.
Sorry, I said it out-loud. I'm an ignorant jerk. [Flame-suit on]

all your comment was, was a direct sarcastic attack,
Meh, I was bored and enjoy being sarcastic every now and again. If your feelings were hurt, I could apologize if you like.

and now that i think of it, you were probably the guy who flew past me in your fat girlfriends maxima. ANYWAY, cool assumptions, yo.
^ I lol'ed.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike
I'm an ignorant jerk.
agreed. amongst other things.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:18 PM
TECH Junkie

I run into this all the time... I commute everywhere on a 1000cc sportbike.

Im just trying to get home.... crusing speed on this bike is ~90mph... clear lanes, but one car and as I go to fly by, this *** clown thinks i want to play with him, and he punches it... so I now have to slow down before some really dangerous situation develops.. then everytime i goto pass him, he punchs his car as if im racing him.

look douchbag.. im driving a 170 hp vehicle that weighs about 400lbs.
you're driving a FWD heavy *** POS that has the puny relative of a real engine in it... sure you're faster then some other shitty FWD econobox... but dammit, this entire time you think i was ******* with you I was just cruising in 6th gear...
Its annoying that I have to ******* downshift and blow by your *** just so I can pass when i could have passed by just fine.

in otherwords OP... dont be the dumbass that races people in their FWD econo box... even if the other guy is in another POS econobox.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:31 PM

im pretty sure the 2006-07 monte carlo ss is not an econobox, and its not heavy at all. 3385 pounds isnt very heavy for a full sized car with a v8. youre calling the 327 a puny engine? oh boy. the only thing puny in the car is the transmission which im sure everybody can relate to
Old 06-03-2011, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

MrDude_1. i dont think a $30,000 car with a v8 that gets less than 30mpg, and has leathers is an econobox. if you cruised past me like that i wouldnt think you were trying to race me. i would think that youre some tard that must have somewhere important to be. i mean seriously youre riding a motor. i would have to assume that your bike should be able to take out most street driven cars, even the ones that came with "real" engines in them. what kind of ******* matches up against a bike in a daily driver at any speed, not to mention 90mph. i dont really know what makes the LS4 cars econobox POSs. let me guess. is it the fwd? personally i think the LS4 cars are nicer than the Fbody cars. sure the LS1 cars are faster, but how many of them can fit the whole family comfortably, actually have a nice interior, massive amounts of trunk space, headroom/legroom, and dont squeak/rattle over every bump? not to mention that the LS4 cars have been known to go well into the 13s bone stock. come on man not everyone on here is in there 20s. we all have to grow up and leave the past behind us. doesnt make the car a econobox POS, but if you care to clarify why it is feel free. there was no need to insult the OP, or his car especially since last time i checked this was the LS4 section, and he wasnt talking about **** blowing past on there bike. he was talking about a sedan that is in the same power/price bracket doing it (granted i also dont think it was a ricer fly by).
Old 06-04-2011, 02:12 AM
On The Tree

Good kill. You're my hero!