Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Beans beater bike vs LS1 and 545i/6 (GoPro Vids)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 08:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beans beater bike vs LS1 and 545i/6 (GoPro Vids)

I met up with member BlackGasGuzzler (03Base on another forum) to do a few fun runs with his Camaro and a 545i/6. His Camaro runs very well, and with a few more upgrades and a retune it's going to be bruising many egos on the street. The 545i is a stock 6-speed.

My over-sized dirt bike was bought for cheap with a seized motor, so it was rebuilt with a high compression motor and a mild cam. It's decently quick 0-60, gets 50-55mpg, and makes my traffic laden commute a lot more fun. With an exhaust, some carb work and a good street tire it should gain 15-20% and be much more fun to whip around city streets...so that'll be my summer beater/commuter bike for awhile.

Enjoy the vid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esayFu4V0xs
Old 06-30-2011, 02:35 PM
12 Second Club

what was done to the LS1 again ?//////////////
Old 06-30-2011, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That bike looks like alot of fun! Camaro put the hurt on that bmw also, I dunno how he was still trying to **** talk after the camaro put half a solar cycle on the bmw.

Nice races.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by brians91formula
what was done to the LS1 again ?//////////////
Power wise, just the basics. Car made 350whp on a dynojet, should be closer to 380 with the upgrades that are in progress now.

Originally Posted by ZFreie
That bike looks like alot of fun! Camaro put the hurt on that bmw also, I dunno how he was still trying to **** talk after the camaro put half a solar cycle on the bmw.

Nice races.
Thanks.

The bike is def fun. When i get it setup the way i want it, it's going to be a blast around town.

As for the 545i owner thinking it was only 3-4 car lengths, i don't know what to say, the vid speaks for itself.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZFreie

Nice races.
+1!!!

That wasn't even a race, guy should have known better. LS1 Fbodies are gonna destroy any BMW except for maybe a M5 over 100mph. Especially those 35 series engines that seem to run out of steam around 100mph.

Quick Reply: Beans beater bike vs LS1 and 545i/6 (GoPro Vids)