Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

5.0 vs 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011 | 08:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
WHat do you run now? You might need that 100 shot now..the 11.8 was a lot of mods ago for me..
i have no idea what the car runs now. it hasn't seen a drag strip in almost 2 years. last time it made a pass it went 8.29 @ 88 in the 1/8, da of 2250'. the car had a whisper lid and weld in flowmaster 80 series. stock 99 m6 car, stock tune, weight, intake, clutch, etc etc. it was on eibach sportlines, but obviously that does nothing but make it hard to launch. at the time it was door to door with a solid 113 car.

since then i've removed roughly 200lbs, added an ory and done a full tune up (as a result of a misfire it developed). i bought some stock springs to swap, but haven't had the motivation to do so. about to pull the trigger on hptuners and a wideband. just removing cags would be worth that lol. the car has 96k on it with the stock clutch, master, and slave. i've been having issues shifting so i'm sure it will end up taking a **** soon. oh well.

a friend of mine consistently picked up 10-11 mph on his 100 shot m6 bolt on car. i'd like to think mine would do the same.
Old 07-07-2011 | 09:15 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
SGT honestly if i was given a GT500 i would sell it and buy and F body and throw the extra 30k into..i know you think thats stupid and crazy of me to say but i'm only and E4 and i cant afford a 600 dollar a month car payment with no money left over to mod a car that for 50k should already run 10's if you ask me...and i still dont' think too highly of the GT500..i have yet to have one beat me at the track or on the street..they have come close..but no cigar

and i go to the track and race ALOT..i have yet to see a stock 2003-2010 GT run anything faster than a 13.7 but i suppose it is possibe to take them into the 12's with a good driver...but the F body was lighter...and offered an LS1 with 350 flywheel HP (undertated at 305) and the 2010 Gt had only 315 actual flywheel hp as have been proven on dynos..dont' forget the 8 year age difference there also lol...i have witnessed stock F bodies on stock tires run a 12.9 but it is rare..heres a vid of a stock one with only DR's run a 12.6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkXFFrpVgRQ

and just because ford had no competition does'nt mean they should have only offered a 315hp 4.6L when GM had a 350hp LS1 car that was older and more affordable that alot of ppl still opted for over buying a new GT

if they had the technology then they should have made it for thier fans

and also GM did'nt BRING OUT a SS that didn't compete with a stock 5.0 (even tho they do) GM brought out a SS in 2010 that waxed the 2010 GT *** all over the track..Ford is the one who retaliated with the 5.0 lol..just my thoughts..more of an opinion i guess

and i will stick by my words when i said GM has been kicking fords *** at the track for years.

93 Z28 faster than 93 GT
same for 94
and DAAAMN sure in 98 with the LS1 good GOD
a so on up till 2010..even tho from what you are saying they where equal in those years at best??..still look at the years difference so i will not give the win to a 2010 Gt running the same stock 1/4th mile times as a stock 98 Z28..i mean common..
and i'm sure you are probally right about the ZL1 being complete..but there has been talk of the Z28..and not to mention Ford has no supercar like the ZR1 vette availible atm...so i dont' there there will be any kicking in the dick from Ford to GM

and i can prove to you for a FACT a new 5.0 is NOT faster than a new SS...they are equal..they both have ran times ranging from as slow as 13.3 to as fast as 12.6's!..the new SS offers 2 engines..the 400hp L99 wich comes in the autos..and the LS3 with 426hp in the manuals..the races where you see the SS getting stopmped is B/C it's the weaker auto version

heres a vid of Motor Trend testing the SS against the GT500..this was NOT done on a drag strip but on a shitty gravel closed course and they STILL ran a 12.9!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C9zanLcpXY

and there have been vids posted of the SS running as fast as 12.6 on street tires on a drag strip..wich is also the fastest stock time any 5.0 has ran on street tires..

i mean if MT got a 12.9 on a shitty gravel track then i'm sure you are'nt gona think that with a good driver on a preped drag strip that it could'nt drop 3 more tenths and run a 12.6??
So a car with drag radials vs a car with stock tires?

My car ran a 12.1 with just tires..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVexXKJvQ_E

here a GT500 going just 11s with tires.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAKgviKzOjs
and another
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntviB...eature=related
another

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63pAH...eature=related
and one going even faster then your car...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNhul...eature=related

So this proves with right driver with times you ran so far that a GT500 will beat you. There are multiple ones on youtube doing it.

Also the fastest Stock on stock tires for a 5.0 is 12.22 for a manual and 12.3 for a auto..Not 12.6. YOu don't even know the cars you t alk about. The fastest time for a SS is 12.5.
Old 07-07-2011 | 09:41 PM
Banned

So a car with drag radials vs a car with stock tires?

My car ran a 12.1 with just tires..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVexXKJvQ_E

here a GT500 going just 11s with tires.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAKgviKzOjs
and another
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntviB...eature=related
another

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63pAH...eature=related
and one going even faster then your car...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNhul...eature=related

So this proves with right driver with times you ran so far that a GT500 will beat you. There are multiple ones on youtube doing it.

Also the fastest Stock on stock tires for a 5.0 is 12.22 for a manual and 12.3 for a auto..Not 12.6. YOu don't even know the cars you t alk about. The fastest time for a SS is 12.5.
ehh..well mine SHOULD run atleast a 10.9 now but i have no proof of it till next time i hit the track..and i will make no cliams of that yet till i run atleast a 10.99...considering i have a stock 10 bolt with 3.23 gears i would call me running a 10 bad *** would'nt you?..and i would'nt say i dont' know the cars i'm talking about..i was merely unaware of the newer faster times like the SS hitting a 12.5 and a 5.0 hitting a 12.2.must have been recent...that is bad *** for both parties..but still..those are all limited to drivers and tracks /weather/ altitude and other factors..some cars are factory beast..for instance there wheres some older LS1 cars that would lay down 320 RWHP and then there where some that would only do 285 RWHP..i suppose it's the same with those times we are posting..so i guess it's safe to say both cars are mid 12 second cars...i love the new 5.0's they are a breath of fresh air to the mustang and muscle car world..but i think this whole " the 5.0 is faster than the SS" BANDWAGON everyone is jumping on is ridiculous"..take your average drivers in manual versions of the new SS and 5.0..it will be a strait up driver vs driver race and not car vs car

and yeah thats awesome the GT500's hitting a 11.1 with only drag radials..but if you ask me they should run low 11's on accident considering the 50k price tag...i suppose the 10 or so GT500's i have raced had shitty drivers ..hell i donno..but until one beats me live at the track..they are just another mustang in my rearview mirror...
Old 07-07-2011 | 09:48 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

The one in the last vid had gears....or he short shifted the hell out of it.
Old 07-07-2011 | 11:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
The one in the last vid had gears....or he short shifted the hell out of it.
yeah and it also had lighter racing rims all around..that extra 100lbs in weight makes a difference..and it deffinately shifted like he was running 4.11 gears..i had a 6 speed WS6 a few years back with 4.11's and it shifted very similar...all i know is when i run my SS at the track..it's always on stock rims...i have a set of 16 in stock firebird rims with some MT ET streets that i run...but my DD rims are an offset rear ZR1 rims with 315 MT drag radials...seeing GT500 stock run 11.1 is questionable..i have raced many and even the mooded ones like pullies/ tune /cai/ exhaust seem to have trouble hitting 10.9's..but..drivers make a difference
Old 07-08-2011 | 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

yes i know the mustang far outsold the camaro i would never deny that...becuase that is a fact..and i like facts!...and i know that there was no 03-09 camaro..and thats the sad part on Ford if you ask me..the fact a 98 Z28 would STILL run faster times at the drag strip than a 2010 mustang GT..even despite the huge time difference and technology increase...so when i say the camaro was faster from 93-2010...thats still counting the 11 years or so of the camaro not being produced...take a 2006 Gt or so and race it with a stock 98-2002 Z28..both with good drivers and the Z will pull atleast 2 tenths ahead

and congrats on the ZL1 pic you have..but do you honestly think you know about a car that does'nt even come out for another 7 months??...what you have a pic of is the PROTOTYPE and nothing more...with all the tricks Ford has been pulling out their hat...would you be surprised if GM scrapped the engine that they only told everyone was going to be in the production version?..or maybe they will change it up to make it compete with the 600+hp GT500 ...and why would i care what a NON car person would rather own from those years...those non car ppl you speak of where mostly high school girls..becuase any real man who said they would rather own a 260 (flywheel)HP GT over a 350 (flywheel) LS1 F body...well then...you get my point i'm sure...even ricers laugh at most stangs..hell they only had like 220hp best until like what?..98 or 99??..**** that noise...and my sentence structure...i caould care less about..i came on here to talk about camaro's firebirds ect..ect...not to have the way i type made fun of by a bunch of stang lovers
Car is out in September. That car is not a prototype.

20 HP from a ram air firebird LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

You are right only girls and high school kids own Mustangs. Get a fast F body and talk trash.

I would rather get on this forum and or an fbody drag meet with a 96 Convertable auto 273 geared Mustang GT than type like you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posters with toddlers who don't know their name can type better than you!!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2011 | 01:00 AM
10 Second Club

yeah and it also had lighter racing rims all around..that extra 100lbs in weight makes a difference..and it deffinately shifted like he was running 4.11 gears..i had a 6 speed WS6 a few years back with 4.11's and it shifted very similar...all i know is when i run my SS at the track..it's always on stock rims...i have a set of 16 in stock firebird rims with some MT ET streets that i run...but my DD rims are an offset rear ZR1 rims with 315 MT drag radials...seeing GT500 stock run 11.1 is questionable..i have raced many and even the mooded ones like pullies/ tune /cai/ exhaust seem to have trouble hitting 10.9's..but..drivers make a difference
They come with 3.73 and 550hp they will shift fast. You posted a car going 12.6 on drag radials. And said that was stock. But it isn't for the GT500?

And again you sound liek a retard saying it should run 10s for 50k. Then so should a C6, a Z06 should run 9s and a ZR1 should run 7s. All stock with the price tags. Yet with yoru modded car you can't beat there fastest stock/tire only time? You paid good price for your car. And got what? A old car that yuou still had to drop 8k in to hang with stock cars? GT500/Z06. So I guess I woudl say that 8k was a waste. Cause as before for the 50K-120K you spend on the cars I mentioned you get a lot more car for what you have. And only a idiot would say he rather have a 15yr old car that can run low 11s then a new car that can do it. As it sits no mods.

As far as the SS going 12.5 its been like a yr ago. And the 5.0 was like 6 months ago that went 12.2. SO drivers equal it isn't a race then. The mustang would win. Times show that. .3 is a lot to make up in a drag race. Drivers equal the car wins not the driver.
Old 07-08-2011 | 02:04 AM
Restricted User

They come with 3.73 and 550hp they will shift fast. You posted a car going 12.6 on drag radials. And said that was stock. But it isn't for the GT500?

And again you sound liek a retard saying it should run 10s for 50k. Then so should a C6, a Z06 should run 9s and a ZR1 should run 7s. All stock with the price tags. Yet with yoru modded car you can't beat there fastest stock/tire only time? You paid good price for your car. And got what? A old car that yuou still had to drop 8k in to hang with stock cars? GT500/Z06. So I guess I woudl say that 8k was a waste. Cause as before for the 50K-120K you spend on the cars I mentioned you get a lot more car for what you have. And only a idiot would say he rather have a 15yr old car that can run low 11s then a new car that can do it. As it sits no mods.

As far as the SS going 12.5 its been like a yr ago. And the 5.0 was like 6 months ago that went 12.2. SO drivers equal it isn't a race then. The mustang would win. Times show that. .3 is a lot to make up in a drag race. Drivers equal the car wins not the driver.
Old 07-08-2011 | 09:24 AM
Staging Lane

So you know the fastest time for a stock 2010 Mustang GT is faster then a 98 Z28/02Z28..Z28 went 12.9 for the fastest time..Or 12.8 I think it was listed. A 2010 Gt went 12.7-12.8.

Are you crazy? A '10 can't come close to that.
Old 07-08-2011 | 09:29 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Are you crazy? A '10 can't come close to that.
It has. Granted it was negative DA. Perfect conditions. Car also had the track pack.
Old 07-08-2011 | 10:32 AM
Launching!

It has. Granted it was negative DA. Perfect conditions. Car also had the track pack.
And Damn, just when I thought you were becoming credible you dissapoint me yet again. Throwing B.S. out there as usual.

Another thing, the fastest LS1 F-body record is 12.8 in a '98 Z28 driven by Evan Smith.
Old 07-08-2011 | 10:34 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
And Damn, just when I thought you were becoming credible you dissapoint me again. Throwing B.S. out there as usual.
When get home I give link. Phone almost dead. It was on dragradials. I did just notice that.
Old 07-08-2011 | 10:40 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Car is out in September. That car is not a prototype.

20 HP from a ram air firebird LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

You are right only girls and high school kids own Mustangs. Get a fast F body and talk trash.

I would rather get on this forum and or an fbody drag meet with a 96 Convertable auto 273 geared Mustang GT than type like you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posters with toddlers who don't know their name can type better than you!!!!!!!
"Convertable" is not a word.
Old 07-08-2011 | 10:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Its so funny watching the GM boys here
Old 07-08-2011 | 10:44 AM
Launching!

When get home I give link. Phone almost dead. It was on dragradials. I did just notice that.
That makes more sense, and even then it's a stretch. Far stretch actually.
Old 07-08-2011 | 10:48 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Considering you spend all of your days, nights, and weekends here on LS1tech, I bet you do get a real kick out of it.
Old 07-08-2011 | 10:50 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

I wonder if that one run where all the stars aline makes up for the all of them that never touch the 13's...lol
Old 07-08-2011 | 11:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Considering you spend all of your days, nights, and weekends here on LS1tech, I bet you do get a real kick out of it.
Old 07-08-2011 | 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

But I do that to...
Old 07-08-2011 | 12:39 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
It's funnier watching you ford boys panic everytime someone says something bad about a mustang hahahahahahha

Quick Reply: 5.0 vs 5.0