Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Rematch: 2001 WS6 vs. Evo IX *HD Vids*

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 12:24 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you guys!

Originally Posted by willizm
Good kills and vid. Given how your rematch went, how do you think you'd stack up against that 335i? What was the problem he was having?
I think that I would pull the 335i now, I just wish that he wasn't down. He didn't really say what was going on with his car, but said it wasn't running right and there was a possible problem with the turbo's? I told him to get it fixed so we could run again lol.

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
did he let off near the end of the 2nd vid cuz u walk past him pretty fast then
I think he had trouble getting into 5th again, he didn't let off though.

Originally Posted by BoricuaHec01
Dope.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by BayArea ws6
Nice kill.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by SSmokin99
Good kill man and shifting!! What were your times with the LT's? Lid and C/B you ran a 12.7 right?
Thanks man I try. With Lid/CB my best time was 12.9 but I didn't get a chance to try and get that down becuase the next time I went my LT's are on. My 12.70 was with LT's, and my best trap of the day was 111mph.

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
So when are ya'll gonna do a rematch from a dig?
We were supposed to do a dig, but when I got there he said just a roll. Pretty sure he would pull me really good from a dig though, that car is quick.

Originally Posted by WSsick
Powershifting?

Real good racing there, swapping leads.
Thank you. Yea I tried powershifting the first race as I had never really done it while racing before. The rest of the runs I was shifting normally though.

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
Nice runs! Stock clutch? Might be your pressure plate giving out on you. Will have to wait and see if the tick solves it.
Thanks man! Yea I'm still on the stock clutch. I'm thinking that your right though, I'll be uprgrading to a new clutch setup here soon and I'll be getting a Tick as well so that better fix the problem.

Originally Posted by 5 ltr. beater
...what bolt ons does the evo have? he's not putting out 360whp with just bolt-ons.
a full exhaust (housing,DP, catback) & full intake w/piping will net him around 300-310whp. a tune is where its at but even then he's not gonna see more than 340ish with a tune.
Sorry if I made it unclear I tried to go off what he was telling me. I'm not sure exactly what mods the guy had. He said he put down 312whp on a Mustang Dyno, and said that that equated to 360ish whp on a different dyno? I should have just put the Mustang Dyno numbers down first. It was quick for sure though, I have a new found respect for Evo's.