Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02 ceta ws6 vs 2000 supercharged gt stang

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Hmmm, I have a FORD with a smaller motor than you and I made over 100rwhp more N/A. Something must be wrong with your car.
Which FORD "motor" are you referring to? The windshield wiper motors, or the power window motors? IF you are referring to the engine, it is not that "small", is it? . The only thing "wrong" with his car I suspect is that it is still all stock internals. N/A he could be making a LOT more if he wanted to obviously, and it appears as though yours would be a little more "max effort" than his is, am I right? I mean did you use only bolt ons? Just curious how you got to 440rwhp? How's the torque curve on that bad boy of yours that makes 100rwhp than his? Not doubting you btw, just curious how many tricks you used and what parts. Sounds like you have a badass ride there man
Old 07-26-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Which FORD "motor" are you referring to? The windshield wiper motors, or the power window motors? IF you are referring to the engine, it is not that "small", is it? . The only thing "wrong" with his car I suspect is that it is still all stock internals. N/A he could be making a LOT more if he wanted to obviously, and it appears as though yours would be a little more "max effort" than his is, am I right? I mean did you use only bolt ons? Just curious how you got to 440rwhp? How's the torque curve on that bad boy of yours that makes 100rwhp than his? Not doubting you btw, just curious how many tricks you used and what parts. Sounds like you have a badass ride there man
I was commenting on the "Ford has to use turbo or supercharger to keep up" comment. I don't care too much what he has or doesn't have. Don't make dumb statements unless YOU can back it up. However I see its just poking fun so take what I said as the same. And my 5.4L didn't make 440rwhp N/A....it made 456rwhp.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FlatBlackZ28
Remind me again how many cams and how many valves the ford motor needs to use to make LESS power than the chevy motor?

One head uses more cams/valves (and is much more expensive to build and/or modify due to having that number of cams, springs, valves etc etc etc) and the other simply drills a bigger hole and leaves the consumer room to drill an even BIGGER hole.
Ford get's **** for using a blower, now they make an extremely efficient head and intake combo for some nice na power and we have to hear they use more cams and valve's. But if someone made a displacement comment it would be called a ricer excuse so how is saying ford uses more cam's and valve's not rice? Is it more costly ? i am fairly positive a base gt is cheaper than a base camaro ss. will it be more expensive to modify? i would think so but with the gt having a 4 valve now i would think it will bring the cost down simply because of a bigger market, i hope.

Last edited by whatsnext; 07-26-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was commenting on the "Ford has to use turbo or supercharger to keep up" comment. I don't care too much what he has or doesn't have. Don't make dumb statements unless YOU can back it up. However I see its just poking fun so take what I said as the same. And my 5.4L didn't make 440rwhp N/A....it made 456rwhp.
Lol my bad, 456rwhp. Personally, I can back up ANY dumb statement I make btw (....did I just say I made "dumb" statements ) . Soooo, how did you do it Mr. Simmons? Care to share
Old 07-26-2011, 03:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by whatsnext
Ford get's **** for using a blower, now they make an extremely efficient head and intake combo for some nice na power and we have to hear they use more cams and valve's. But if someone made a displacement comment it would be called a ricer excuse so how is saying ford uses more cam's and valve's not rice? Is it more costly ? i am fairly positive a base gt is cheaper than a base camaro. will it be more expensive to modify? i would think so but with the gt having a 4 valve now i would think it will bring the cost down simply because of a bigger market, i hope.
Everyone knows what the new 5.0s have been making and before them you couldnt make power out of a 4.6 n/a. I havent seen any do heads and cams swaps yet though. I have been curious to see what they will put out.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Lol my bad, 456rwhp. Personally, I can back up ANY dumb statement I make btw (....did I just say I made "dumb" statements ) . Soooo, how did you do it Mr. Simmons? Care to share
How do I do what, make dumb statements? Wellllll.... lol
Old 07-26-2011, 03:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to the OP congrats on your car hanging with a supercharged stang. We all know supercharged setups arent cheap. Takes time and money. Id be pretty pissed if i supercharged a car only to have bolt on cars keeping up with me.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol. I wouldn't mind having a sc'd GT though. It sounds like there may be a lot left on the table but that's the fun for a lot of folks, trying to get it all out (or is it "get it all IN"? Hmmm. )

edit: okay I lied just a little. I'm not really a fan of the GT so I likely wouldn't want one, but I bet with the super charger it'd be pretty cool
Old 07-26-2011, 03:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Zlow28
to the OP congrats on your car hanging with a supercharged stang. We all know supercharged setups arent cheap. Takes time and money. Id be pretty pissed if i supercharged a car only to have bolt on cars keeping up with me.
You can actuly peice together a kit for them for around 2500 and make close to 400whp not bad at all. But yeah it is cool to keep up with one it's just the other comments that make him seem like a fan boy and have people start crap. So good job keeping up with supercharged stang OP but with biased comments like needing boost to keep up you are going to catch a lot of flack
Old 07-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

No offense to my modular GT brothers but I would never own a 2v SOHC GT unless I planned to rip the drivetrain out and replace it to make it a sleeper or drag car. Maybe drop in a stock LS6 and run mid 11.5.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by whatsnext
Ford get's **** for using a blower, now they make an extremely efficient head and intake combo for some nice na power and we have to hear they use more cams and valve's. But if someone made a displacement comment it would be called a ricer excuse so how is saying ford uses more cam's and valve's not rice? Is it more costly ? i am fairly positive a base gt is cheaper than a base camaro. will it be more expensive to modify? i would think so but with the gt having a 4 valve now i would think it will bring the cost down simply because of a bigger market, i hope.
Moding both is expensive. The mustang cams are expensive as all hell. But you can make up else where. Gears for mustang are 150, gears for a new camaro are over 500, suspension for the mustang is cheap. Not so much for the camaro. Same with stronger rear ends, and other stuff. This is cause the platform for the mustang is really unchanged on most stuff. Yet the camaro is a whole new design. Camaro LCA same as my old G8 are 300 easy for the stang you can get new for 129. Its that way with a lot stuff for the two.

Originally Posted by jetaws6
Everyone knows what the new 5.0s have been making and before them you couldnt make power out of a 4.6 n/a. I havent seen any do heads and cams swaps yet though. I have been curious to see what they will put out.
With reground cams, and ported head some have made over 500whp.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:11 PM
On The Tree

Yeah that's my bad I figured it was all in good fun I posted later that that was my bad having owned both a gt and now this ws6 I see that its all about the driver and what parts you have. And if the factory gives you a turf that's not your fault. But it is your fault for buying it. I have respect for all nice cars
ford Chevrolet pontiac dodge idc I like them all. And fan boy Idk what means but ok lol
Old 07-26-2011, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

Turd*
Old 07-26-2011, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

And stopsign32v I was just kidding around this is a Ls website I figured I was amongst friends my cousin has a 04 cobra with 21k miles on it I wouldn't dare line mine up.I know my car can't back it up but I really don't care. It was all in good fun.im not bitchin right now im just saying in my defense it was a joke and I didn't think people would take me that serious.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Chandler Man
Yeah that's my bad I figured it was all in good fun I posted later that that was my bad having owned both a gt and now this ws6 I see that its all about the driver and what parts you have. And if the factory gives you a turf that's not your fault. But it is your fault for buying it. I have respect for all nice cars
ford Chevrolet pontiac dodge idc I like them all. And fan boy Idk what means but ok lol
Old 07-26-2011, 04:24 PM
On The Tree

If your ever in the jacksonville florida area ill buy you a beer. But you might have to wait till I turn 21 but untill then stopsign32v all I can offer is a coke.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Chandler Man
If your ever in the jacksonville florida area ill buy you a beer. But you might have to wait till I turn 21 but untill then stopsign32v all I can offer is a coke.
I was in your back yard last month. Had the family down to St. Augustine for vacation. We are planning to move down there soon hopefully.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jetaws6
With the 2v's i will agree, 3v's i never realy learned anything about them so i can't really say, as far as the 4.6 4v's you can make a fair amount of power. But the cam's are expensive and there really is no affordable intake option that's what really hurt's the 4.6 4v's(besides being on the smallish side).As far as the heads just have them worked but you will need an intake to take full advantage.I think the reason for this is the 4.6 4v's were never in the gt so the aftermarket never really cared because the volume's weren't there to make it affordable and profitable.So to say you can't make power with the 4.6 isn't true,you won't make lsx power but you don't want that anyway
Old 07-26-2011, 05:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

Hmmm, I have a FORD with a smaller motor than you and I made over 100rwhp more N/A. Something must be wrong with your car.
How many "Ford" parts on on it? You ford guys are always jackin your dick over your ****....but truth be told if it was'nt for the aftermarket heads and chargers fords would be sucking some serious ***.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

No offense to my modular GT brothers but I would never own a 2v SOHC GT unless I planned to rip the drivetrain out and replace it to make it a sleeper or drag car. Maybe drop in a stock LS6 and run mid 11.5.
You need to read the sig again.....it's 11.1 Lets see a stock ford do that.

Quick Reply: 02 ceta ws6 vs 2000 supercharged gt stang