Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

788 AWHP Evo vs 800 RWHP GT500 IN MEXICO

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 01:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

I think the EVO lost before started cause of the weight advantage. He only had a 20hp advantage.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Beans

Everyone knows AWDs are only 0-60 cars and have no top end!

I was making 560whp at the time, yes 560 whp not your typical inflated import "560 whp".
Old 08-02-2011, 01:50 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by redctsv
I was making 560whp at the time, yes 560 whp not your typical inflated import "560 whp".
Sure you were...
Old 08-02-2011, 02:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MACH32V
Was it just me or did I just see absolutely nothing. That was not a race. I saw two cars screwing around on the highway.
It said "you can clearly see who the winner is"..WTF? Ahhh. NO

If you watch the video, all you can see is the GT500 breaking the tires loose. That is all I can see. Now if want to call that a lose becuase of traction than I would have to agree. However, does not mean you are faster.
You sir are correct. However, it DOES mean he is QUICKER, and that is what racing is all about right? To see who reaches the finish line or x speed the quickest (a measurement of time) as opposed to the fastest (measurement of speed)?

You must not get out and race much....
Old 08-02-2011, 02:07 PM
10 Second Club

I'm a DSMer, i was just joking about the misconception about AWD and top end.

560whp will get you there without a problem. My DSM makes over 100whp less and has no problem pulling to 150. I'm sure it would do 170+ but i'm not planning to get there any time soon. 150 in a rattling old car with no ABS and brake bias issues is fast enough for me.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by odarabla
Sure you were...
I will be glad to show you 1st hand what the little 2L can do!
Old 08-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Beans
I'm a DSMer, i was just joking about the misconception about AWD and top end.

560whp will get you there without a problem. My DSM makes over 100whp less and has no problem pulling to 150. I'm sure it would do 170+ but i'm not planning to get there any time soon. 150 in a rattling old car with no ABS and brake bias issues is fast enough for me.
Its cool, lots of people like to talk alot on this forum( see a few posts up). I can dish it and receive it. I was never planning on going any where near that fast. Just a few buddies messing around on the highway til we noticed some red and blue lights off in the distance behind us. My buddy in his gto said he had it pegged at 165 when i blew right past him.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:26 PM
10 Second Club

I will be glad to show you 1st hand what the little 2L can do!
No you wouldn't!!

Why so serious? Remember you know nothing about my car..
Old 08-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Staging Lane

No you wouldn't!!

Am i supposed to be scared of your car or something,? I could careless whats done to it or if it may be faster. It seemed you were talking smack about my car, so im telling you to back it up!
Old 08-02-2011, 03:10 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No you wouldn't!!

Odarable, I would hope you got something more than just a H/C/I fbody because that red evo is a damn scary beast.

Am i supposed to be scared of your car or something,? I could careless whats done to it or if it may be faster. It seemed you were talking smack about my car, so im telling you to back it up!
Might be finishing my build this weekend. Need a couple weeks to break it in depending on what bugs we run into. I still would love to line em up when the time comes. get some vids and drink some beers (post race of course)
Old 08-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by willizm
Odarable, I would hope you got something more than just a H/C/I fbody because that red evo is a damn scary beast.

Might be finishing my build this weekend. Need a couple weeks to break it in depending on what bugs we run into. I still would love to line em up when the time comes. get some vids and drink some beers (post race of course)
For sure Will, let me know when shes all ready to go. I want 1st dibbs against your beast!
Old 08-02-2011, 10:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mattzoom
It was a lame race, fruitcake.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:50 AM
TECH Resident

GT500 disappointed for sure... Needs tires and from the rev limiter action id say driver? I like Evo's and actually wish i had one of those instead of an STi. Oh well
Old 08-03-2011, 08:26 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by willizm

Hey man my old H/C/I setup ran damn good for what it was. 10.90@123mph on the motor and low 10's @131mph on the spray. This might now be enough to handle his Evo but that engine went
I have a whole new setup now baby.. Almost ready for the streets and I'm sure it would do just fine against his Evo without the spray..
Old 08-03-2011, 09:51 AM
Staging Lane

Hey man my old H/C/I setup ran damn good for what it was. 10.90@123mph on the motor and low 10's @131mph on the spray. This might now be enough to handle his Evo but that engine went
I have a whole new setup now baby.. Almost ready for the streets and I'm sure it would do just fine against his Evo without the spray..
Are you any where near the chicagoland area? If so we you can set something up your f-body vs my evo. If you are halfway across the country then there is no point to continuing and this race will never happen. Unless you are willing to drive out to chicago.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

StoverZ28 signature quote:

LS1TECH- where stupid people congregate to argue about menial, off topic and otherwise meaningless topics...
Old 08-03-2011, 02:05 PM
On The Tree

That Evo checks out!

I bet it is a blast on the street.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:10 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Couple bad *** cars right there.

Originally Posted by MACH32V
Was it just me or did I just see absolutely nothing. That was not a race. I saw two cars screwing around on the highway.
It said "you can clearly see who the winner is"..WTF? Ahhh. NO

If you watch the video, all you can see is the GT500 breaking the tires loose. That is all I can see. Now if want to call that a lose becuase of traction than I would have to agree. However, does not mean you are faster.
Wow...butt hurt right quick. Surely looked like the Mustang got its *** handed to him. Even if he was spinning, maybe he should do something about that so he doesn't get his *** kicked so bad. Would it have been a lot closer if he weren't spinning, yep, but it wasn't. I remember racing my Fox back in the day and if I accidentally lit-up my tires off the line and got smoked, then I certainly lost the race my good man.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:04 AM
10 Second Club

Are you any where near the chicagoland area? If so we you can set something up your f-body vs my evo. If you are halfway across the country then there is no point to continuing and this race will never happen. Unless you are willing to drive out to chicago.
Naw I moved from Chicago to New Orleans 9 years ago. I'm not taking anything away from your car man I was just kidding when i said that. You would def, beat me right now as I don't have my engine in the car yet. It's just a built 402ci LS2. 200 shot of spray with trickflow heads, full suspension, th350 tranny 5000 stall converter and a strange 12 bolt rearend with 4.11 gears. **** man you might be able to keep up.. The engine is going in this week..
Old 08-04-2011, 01:07 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Couple bad *** cars right there.

Wow...butt hurt right quick. Surely looked like the Mustang got its *** handed to him. Even if he was spinning, maybe he should do something about that so he doesn't get his *** kicked so bad. Would it have been a lot closer if he weren't spinning, yep, but it wasn't. I remember racing my Fox back in the day and if I accidentally lit-up my tires off the line and got smoked, then I certainly lost the race my good man.
Mach is cool man he was just sipping on the hater aid!!

Quick Reply: 788 AWHP Evo vs 800 RWHP GT500 IN MEXICO