Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

788 AWHP Evo vs 800 RWHP GT500 IN MEXICO

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 01:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

I want to see a dig race of the two with the GT500 on some slicks.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
I want to see a dig race of the two with the GT500 on some slicks.
Without prep, the result will probably be the same.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:14 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Without prep, the result will probably be the same.
I was hoping for a track run. That or hopefully the GT500 owner is smart enough to put some tires on it that can handle the power better.

I think the EVO will still walk him though.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:04 AM
Teching In

on his drag set up with slicks and skinnies he ran a 6.67@111 and 10.42@136 he uses the car more for twisties and cruising around since he has a 1500 horsepower 7 second foxbody as well.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:54 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mattzoom
on his drag set up with slicks and skinnies he ran a 6.67@111 and 10.42@136 he uses the car more for twisties and cruising around since he has a 1500 horsepower 7 second foxbody as well.
I would love to see vids of his Fox destroying Fbodys and Vettes on the street. I just love me crazy fast Fox bodies.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:03 AM
10 Second Club

A freak 10.4...I would expect a lot faster.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Teching In

**** is heavy and that was when he was at 700 wheel
Old 08-04-2011, 12:13 PM
10 Second Club

[QUOTE=mattzoom;15233595]**** is heavy and that was when he was at 700 wheel[/QUOTE

Understand but I know guys running those times with a little less power. Suspension does play some into it yes. Guess I would just be let down with 700whp even and only running mid 10s. But knowing that I think the EVO will rape him even in a dig run. LOL
Old 08-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Teching In

to bad the evo owner never dig races lol
Old 08-04-2011, 03:51 PM
Staging Lane

to bad the evo owner never dig races lol
I know what the owner is trying to avoid, accidentally dump the clutch from a launch and some drivetrain parts are going boom! Trust me i know the feeling.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Teching In

some modded zo6 owner wanted to run him from a dig and after the evo owner said no the vette owner said:

your drivetrain is glass
you cant drive
and you cant drive

lol
Old 08-10-2011, 12:30 AM
Staging Lane

That was a waste. Nice, fast cars though. Lousy site for hosting a video, too.

1,000lbs lighter than a GT500? I don't think so unless weight reduction and plenty of it.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:58 AM
Teching In

not a lousy place streetfire doesent mute my music...
Old 08-10-2011, 06:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Couple bad *** cars right there.

Wow...butt hurt right quick. Surely looked like the Mustang got its *** handed to him. Even if he was spinning, maybe he should do something about that so he doesn't get his *** kicked so bad. Would it have been a lot closer if he weren't spinning, yep, but it wasn't. I remember racing my Fox back in the day and if I accidentally lit-up my tires off the line and got smoked, then I certainly lost the race my good man.
No man not at all. Don't get butt hurt over things like this..sorry. Keeping a job, paying my mortgage on time because of this shitty ecomony gets me bent out of shape
Anyway...I am not a Ford Nutswinger...I have had GMs and Mopars..So you are wrong to assume that also.
Getting back to the race...If you look at video (because evidently some of you missed it), he states that at the end of the video "you can clearly see who the winner is". I simply stated that the video did not show a winner based on power alone. The "winner" was based on another car who did not show up with at minmum, a tire, let alone suspension. I agree that there was a winner but not based on power. That was my only point. Please do not put word in my mouth. At the end of the race, I still wondered who "would have" won if the GT500 stayed in it....so the race did not really answer my question.
Maybe it did for some of you since you like to assume (or hate Mustangs), but not me..

...and for the guy who stated that I should get out to race more, I am out every Thursday night for Test-N-Tune at a local 1/8 mile track. I put more miles on my car going down the track than some people on here put on their cars while driving their garage queens to shows. If you don't know me than don't assume.

Last edited by MACH32V; 08-10-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by MACH32V
No man not at all. Don't get butt hurt over things like this..sorry. Keeping a job, paying my mortgage on time because of this shitty ecomony gets me bent out of shape
Anyway...I am not a Ford Nutswinger...I have had GMs and Mopars..So you are wrong to assume that also.
Getting back to the race...If you look at video (because evidently some of you missed it), he states that at the end of the video "you can clearly see who the winner is". I simply stated that the video did not show a winner based on power alone. The "winner" was based on another car who did not show up with at minmum, a tire, let alone suspension. I agree that there was a winner but not based on power. That was my only point. Please do not put word in my mouth. At the end of the race, I still wondered who "would have" won if the GT500 stayed in it....so the race did not really answer my question.
Maybe it did for some of you since you like to assume (or hate Mustangs), but not me..

...and for the guy who stated that I should get out to race more, I am out every Thursday night for Test-N-Tune at a local 1/8 mile track. I put more miles on my car going down the track than some people on here put on their cars while driving their garage queens to shows. If you don't know me than don't assume.
I made no comment on you being a Ford Nutswinger or anything along those lines. Btw, I'm a Mustang fanatic holmes. And you being butt hurt, well that was just based off your first reply. And I was just joshin' anyway. Everyone gets bent outta shape sometimes. Whether the Mustang had more cajones or not (obviously did),the fact is that the Evo was indeed quicker in those runs due to other circumstances. Just face facts man, don't speculate so much that the Mustang SHOULD'VE been much faster. Because in that race, it is the way it is. Shoulda woulda coulda, the Evo was on top.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:56 AM
Teching In

run whatchya brung if you didnt bring enough its all on you, Evo won hands down even if the stang hooked the evo woulda taken it.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
I made no comment on you being a Ford Nutswinger or anything along those lines. Btw, I'm a Mustang fanatic holmes. And you being butt hurt, well that was just based off your first reply. And I was just joshin' anyway. Everyone gets bent outta shape sometimes. Whether the Mustang had more cajones or not (obviously did),the fact is that the Evo was indeed quicker in those runs due to other circumstances. Just face facts man, don't speculate so much that the Mustang SHOULD'VE been much faster. Because in that race, it is the way it is. Shoulda woulda coulda, the Evo was on top.
I agree man...the Evo did come out on top and I gave him a compliment for comming to that race with a better set up car. Actually, I even made mention that the Mustang should have never even went into that race with that much power and no tire. I think it is probably me though, I hang on to every word that people say on here to tightly. I might have to ease up a little. I will say that I would have liked to see that race go down where both cars would have stayed in it. It would have been awesome to see two cars with that much power go at it. Mabe that guy in the Stang could put aside about $400 and get himself a set of DRs and try to set up another race with that Evo. I apologize if I came off confrontational.

Last edited by MACH32V; 08-12-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

he needs stickier tires, its better for him, and safer for the car he is racing and around him.

Quick Reply: 788 AWHP Evo vs 800 RWHP GT500 IN MEXICO