Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

z28 vs new 5.0 and new gt

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Oh man, that was great. Back-tracking like a ****. Good kill though... expected with your mods against a stock/stock-ish car.
I guess his idea of a new Camaro was an 02 all the way up until the 2010 was released.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 916 BREDWNR
You talk a lot of **** to have slicks, skinnies, full bolt-ons w/ a non-stock manifold, gears, weight reduction, suspension...and still be in the high 11's.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaylighter23
I have same outcome...funny cause stangers never learn...put a ls in ur stang then maybe u would have a chance.
Maybe you missed the threads where I already beat cammed LS1's and full bolt ons ones as well. They are members on here as well. SO I am just fine keeping my 5.0. It seems them cammed ls1's are not keeping up. Specially when I watch a bunch them run mid 12s at the track I am running 11.8's at.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:22 PM
10 Second Club

You talk a lot of **** to have slicks, skinnies, full bolt-ons w/ a non-stock manifold, gears, weight reduction, suspension...and still be in the high 11's.
Sure do. Simply cause I already beat cammed LS1's. And running high 11s in 90* weather hmm pretty good if ask me. Specially with 3k DA.

And don't worry it will have a new style intake soon enough. enough for mid 10s in this retarded heat TX has and low 10's come winter time.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Teching In

My car is stock with a catback and free mods and no stock mustang with a pipe has even come close 2011 5.0 or 4.6gts that's all I'm saying...don't get your butt hurt
Old 08-04-2011, 06:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Sure do. Simply cause I already beat cammed LS1's. And running high 11s in 90* weather hmm pretty good if ask me. Specially with 3k DA.

And don't worry it will have a new style intake soon enough. enough for mid 10s in this retarded heat TX has and low 10's come winter time.
Yeah, let me know when you actually run the times you claim as opposed to just bench racing, bench racer.

And all this talk about 10's. It won't be long until you come across a H/C LS1 w/ a 150-shot and get your feelings hurt.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Launching!

HAHA ya right.

It isn't lihe had cams and ported heads and stuff.
Calm down a bit. lol He's poking fun at you because you are so quick to say Op's mod list is the only reason he took the 5.0 down. I know of 4 5.0 cars that got beat by my measley lid/exaust car. I know each one of them personally and they can drive. Two are autos ; two are sticks. The 5.0 is an impressive car it just gets a hard time from a 15 year old push rod motor.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:18 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah, let me know when you actually run the times you claim as opposed to just bench racing, bench racer.

And all this talk about 10's. It won't be long until you come across a H/C LS1 w/ a 150-shot and get your feelings hurt.
oh **** lol calm down 916 BREDWNR theres always somone faster. Ohioborne seems to know his stuff on stangs.....atleast the new 5.0's. I can somehwhat see his reason for stating some of the things he does in this forum. I myself believe alot of LS guys in here dont tell the whole truth (or how many times they get their *** handed to em by one). Ive seen a few bullshit vids and seen acutual races. All ima say is most owners of these 5.0's need the driver mod. If they can nail that down then...sorry for the lighlty bolton F-bods.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:36 PM
On The Tree

**** happens...slower cars beat faster cars everyday cause the owners of the faster cars don't have a clue...i've beaten plenty of cars i had no business lining up against just cause i was a better driver than them...especially on the street.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

My car is stock with a catback and free mods and no stock mustang with a pipe has even come close 2011 5.0 or 4.6gts that's all I'm saying...don't get your butt hurt
C'mon dude, there are PLENTY of 4.6 GT's, 5.0's, Mach 1's, or whatever Mustang's out there that will absolutely demolish your Z28, it's almost stock just like my SS. There is no reason to act like you're untouchable with a stock LS1 car, they are pretty strong runners for what they are, don't get me wrong, but let's not get too carried away here.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:17 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TransAmWS.6
C'mon dude, there are PLENTY of 4.6 GT's, 5.0's, Mach 1's, or whatever Mustang's out there that will absolutely demolish your Z28, it's almost stock just like my SS. There is no reason to act like you're untouchable with a stock LS1 car, they are pretty strong runners for what they are, don't get me wrong, but let's not get too carried away here.
Its LS1 anything can happen. I mean **** another thread a guy with basically a stock LS1 just beat a GT500.

The stories here really are funny sometimes. People wanted me to run a full bolt on LS1 and I did. Beat it from a dig with him hooking me spinning by about 5 cars till 75 and I let out. From a 20 roll 5 cars by 80 I let out. He posted the story. Then it was run a cammed one. I did and beat him and out trapped him by 4mph. But then people swear that LS1's stock or with cold air and cat back are beating 5.0's with tons of mods or stock and everything else.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Teching In

I never said I was untouchable...guess I just haven't ran into a fast mustang yet...my cousin had an old 83 5.0 that would probably blow my doors off so don't get it twisted I'm not getting carried away bro
Old 08-04-2011, 08:34 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SStheBest
oh **** lol calm down 916 BREDWNR theres always somone faster. Ohioborne seems to know his stuff on stangs.....atleast the new 5.0's. I can somehwhat see his reason for stating some of the things he does in this forum. I myself believe alot of LS guys in here dont tell the whole truth (or how many times they get their *** handed to em by one). Ive seen a few bullshit vids and seen acutual races. All ima say is most owners of these 5.0's need the driver mod. If they can nail that down then...sorry for the lighlty bolton F-bods.
Ohio is full of ****. It's been proven. You're too late...thanks for playing.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:40 PM
10 Second Club

Its LS1 anything can happen. I mean **** another thread a guy with basically a stock LS1 just beat a GT500.

The stories here really are funny sometimes. People wanted me to run a full bolt on LS1 and I did. Beat it from a dig with him hooking me spinning by about 5 cars till 75 and I let out. From a 20 roll 5 cars by 80 I let out. He posted the story. Then it was run a cammed one. I did and beat him and out trapped him by 4mph. But then people swear that LS1's stock or with cold air and cat back are beating 5.0's with tons of mods or stock and everything else.
No one is claiming anything except you. The vids have proven it. Light bolt-on LS1's have beaten 5.0's...5.0's have beaten LS1's. It goes both ways. If you weren't so full of BS I don't think too many people (including myself) would have an issue with you.

Too bad you're not closer to Cali. I know a few "cam-only" LS1's that would shut you up. "Cammed 02" on here is one of him. Just saw him at the track last Wednesday go low 11.4x @ 120. You have much to learn..
Old 08-04-2011, 08:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 479 Likes on 376 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I know a camaro with a stock ls6 that would just wear his 5.0 out.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Launching!

You beat one cam only ls1, let it go. I forgot all cams, tunes, supporting mods are the same. Yes some of the stories on here are ridiculous. The same goes for all other forums. I know a few cam only full weight cars that would drag you down the road. Im just trying to say express yourself a little bit less like a ***** and youll get better responses. I have seen you post on this forum before, your not a bad guy you just seem to be edgey lately. Good luck

Last edited by 99peweterls1; 08-04-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Launching!

I never said I was untouchable...guess I just haven't ran into a fast mustang yet...my cousin had an old 83 5.0 that would probably blow my doors off so don't get it twisted I'm not getting carried away bro
You also present yourself in the wrong way. Get educated on the ford mustang and how there are more than a few that your bolt on a4 car couldn't handle.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:58 PM
10 Second Club

No one is claiming anything except you. The vids have proven it. Light bolt-on LS1's have beaten 5.0's...5.0's have beaten LS1's. It goes both ways. If you weren't so full of BS I don't think too many people (including myself) would have an issue with you.

Too bad you're not closer to Cali. I know a few "cam-only" LS1's that would shut you up. "Cammed 02" on here is one of him. Just saw him at the track last Wednesday go low 11.4x @ 120. You have much to learn..
LOL..And I know bolt on 5.0's that went low 11s so your point is again? Oh and way less mods then I have or that cammed LS1 has. I haven't backed down from a race yet on here when some one said they was close. Oh and look cammed ls1 down, bolt on LS1 down. Then my self and Work In Progress on here watched a C/H/I ls2 gto run slower then both us.

Not my fault Gm fell off. Its even funnier when gusy on here are like LS3 LS3..Yep the camaro still slower. Well run a vette. They have to resort to cars that cost 20k-50k more then 5.0's.

But you are right it goes both ways. But some people on here tell unreal stories of kills and you nuttswigners are like oh ya thats right. Happens every time. I mean **** I don't go running around talking how I beat a new Z06 at the track when I was cold air, tune, gears. Guy was running constant 12.4-12.6 in it only trapping at 116. SO I guess all 5.0's beat Z06's now. That how you have and some the other nuttswingers believe.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I know a camaro with a stock ls6 that would just wear his 5.0 out.
I said when I am in Ohio I meet half way to show you that wouldn't happen. Your happy DA with the one slip your buddy provided showing you running a 11.5. Not scared at all. Oh and haha. Again stock LS6..haha..Man that LS1 wasn't hanging with mustangs so you had to do a engine swap.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
You beat one cam only ls1, let it go. I forgot all cams, tunes, supporting mods are the same. Yes some of the stories on here are ridiculous. The same goes for all other forums. I know a few cam only full weight cars that would drag you down the road. Im just trying to say express yourself a little bit less like a ***** and youll get better responses. I have seen you post on this forum before, your not a bad guy you just seem to be edgey lately. Good luck
I will agree not all Cammed LS1's are running high 11s. But its funny when some one says well I ran a low 11 or this guy ran a mid 11. Oh and ya it was like 150 DA. I mean **** so what you ran a 11.8 at 3000+ DA. I mean so what I had to swap engines to hang. It is funny.

Oh or no way a bolt on 5.0 goes low 11s. (provide proof of it plus faster) Well No way it had to be gutted. Or it wasn't just bolt ons. It is just funny.

Quick Reply: z28 vs new 5.0 and new gt