Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

96 Eclipse GSX turbslo

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply guys... what do you guys think about a stock charger with a 426 hemi vs. my stock w/ the ls1.

I'll be sure to post the results of me killing her btw
Old 03-09-2004, 10:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No contest unless you drive like complete crap... 95+ DSMs came stock with the t25 turdbo, it's about the size of my fist (not really but you get the picture). Also stock it pushes between 12-13.5 lbs of boost. Even if she had a perfect jawdropping launch there is no way unless you can't drive or your car dies. If it's automatic you have even less to worry about.

A story, I raced my cousins 95 GS-t stock automatic in my 89 GS-t stock manual. We go to a deserted road and run on the third honk, he takes off fairly well while I spin through first (second day driving manual). He takes four cars on me when I catch by the time I am in mid second I catch him, and he is left when I hit third. I shut off at 95 due to a slight curve in the road and he is literally 5+ cars back.

Altough if she had some real mods done turbo/feul/feul management/better airflow/exhaust, you may have a little trouble. I am at times a betting man, and right now my money would be on you...