Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Found video of JUICE shifting

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 05:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

you know, after watching it a few times, that guy is kinda slow...shifting.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:47 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's one thing I've always wondered about power-shifting... if you try to do it when driving a car that has to be shifted at/very near redline, won't you bang the limiter? I never power-shifted the S2000, but I would barely let off the throttle and feather the clutch when I was shifting fast.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

yes you hit the limiter, but the extra revvs are what launch the car in the next gear. its momentum of the motor. its what makes it so hard on the clutch.

its kinda like a really hard shifting auto. it really hits the next gear and actually launches the car a few feet when the next gear engages.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think I'm going to make Ju1ce t-shirts and stickers.

Ju1ce I'll split the profit with you lol
Old 08-19-2011, 10:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 213 Likes on 95 Posts

good driver no doubt
shifting like that simply takes practice and confidence in your shifts/drivetrain
Old 08-19-2011, 10:55 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Here's one thing I've always wondered about power-shifting... if you try to do it when driving a car that has to be shifted at/very near redline, won't you bang the limiter? I never power-shifted the S2000, but I would barely let off the throttle and feather the clutch when I was shifting fast.
Not necessarily. On my car I shift the 1-2 at 7100 so I set my limiter at 7500 so my motor doesn't have enough time to hit it.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:32 AM
Banned

lmao, im juice, i like to lick *****, have ***** sex is good, and shift manually on a dick. See, when youre a juicefag the best thing about life is winning like kevin from home alone. I get so much pleasure from being anally raped my ******* does the talking, and when i walk backwards people like me. I'm not full blown queer, tee he, although I do munch **** like it was more than a hobby, but i digress. I like to think i can suck the warts off a witch, if you catch my drift. The only way i get mad though is if you call me a faggot to my face, say it to ma dick *****.

I'm such a cool motha fucka I can do back flips, and pretend to be a straight ballin *** thug with street reputation. I clown mothers in front of their shildren, that slang for **** children, and punk whitey after I suck him off. Call me a fool and I'll kirby you, tee he. Thug huh? Who's the fool now? But I digress. Nice to meet you all, and I'm hard. I blown loads and swallow choad, but the one thing I don't do is females, so pinks ******* back off! These nerds want a real man, one that can satisfy their man like butter to *****.

On the other hand I heard the nerds like it when you speak down to them like ***** to kitchen, but seeing as I'm new I take it slow like mellow. I insert my erection and softly caress you while disturbingly sensual, and unique enough not to say no. Take it until you hate it, then rape it like I mean it. I don't get never caught because by the end you'll want it because I'm bout it, bout it.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

wtf did all that mean
Old 08-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
wtf did all that mean
I must say, whatever it was grammar and spelling skills surpassed yours greatly.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Teching In

wow...LS1tech is starting to become more addicting than svtperformance, i might just camp out here for awhile. lots of good reading!
Old 08-19-2011, 05:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 5 ltr. beater
wow...LS1tech is starting to become more addicting than svtperformance, i might just camp out here for awhile. lots of good reading!
Exactly.......
Old 08-19-2011, 05:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by assasinator
you know, after watching it a few times, that guy is kinda slow...shifting.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:20 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by assasinator
yes you hit the limiter, but the extra revvs are what launch the car in the next gear. its momentum of the motor. its what makes it so hard on the clutch.

its kinda like a really hard shifting auto. it really hits the next gear and actually launches the car a few feet when the next gear engages.
It's also really hard on **** and only net's about a .1 at the track on a sycro'ed tranny. Not really worth it to me. If the track prep is **** like my local track, the wheel spin can actually slow you.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:25 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I must say, whatever it was grammar and spelling skills surpassed yours greatly.
Here ya go Stoppy http://www.englishclub.com/esl-forum...orum.php?f=199 go over there and hang out. Then you can talk to people that give a ****.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:38 PM
11 Second Club

It's also really hard on **** and only net's about a .1 at the track on a sycro'ed tranny. Not really worth it to me. If the track prep is **** like my local track, the wheel spin can actually slow you.
Its more of a reduction than that....much more. I did an experiment one time. 1 run I shifted as fast as I could while lifting then the other powershifted. ET difference was 4 tenths.

As long as you have a strong 2-3 shiftfork then you should have no problems powershifting. I powershifted my stock T45 8yrs before it broke and it was a twisted input shaft.. nothing related to powershifting.

-Mark
Old 08-20-2011, 08:55 PM
10 Second Club

Getting a little slack on this gay *** thread huh bro? That's to bad because this would make for a good smack down topic!!! This way you and all your boyfriends can come in and respond!!!!
Old 08-20-2011, 10:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Its more of a reduction than that....much more. I did an experiment one time. 1 run I shifted as fast as I could while lifting then the other powershifted. ET difference was 4 tenths.

As long as you have a strong 2-3 shiftfork then you should have no problems powershifting. I powershifted my stock T45 8yrs before it broke and it was a twisted input shaft.. nothing related to powershifting.

-Mark
I've tested it to ...it might be worth a little more than .1 if you have slicks. But that's about it. The company I use to work for used did acceleration tests for BMW on their preproduction cars, I drove and we would try lots of ****. If you get any wheel spin at all you negated your powershift. Some cars that move around some on the shift will actually slow down. Not really worth beatting the car up for such little gain.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're really into the no lift shift, faceplate and DR's is where its at!
Old 08-21-2011, 01:41 AM
11 Second Club

I've tested it to ...it might be worth a little more than .1 if you have slicks. But that's about it. The company I use to work for used did acceleration tests for BMW on their preproduction cars, I drove and we would try lots of ****. If you get any wheel spin at all you negated your powershift. Some cars that move around some on the shift will actually slow down. Not really worth beatting the car up for such little gain.
I guess we'll agree to disagree. But I do have to ask you one question...if you think the difference is so little then why do you have a faceplated transmission in your car? I mean if its just a tenth then why go through the hassel/money of a special transmission that allows you to shift at WOT if a syncro'd manual is just a hair slower? You seem to contradict yourself.

Not to toot my horn but I'm pretty fast at shifting (not juice fast lol) and I see a noticeable gain. Hell I can powershift all but one gear change and notice it in my ET.

-Mark
Old 08-21-2011, 01:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
I guess we'll agree to disagree. But I do have to ask you one question...if you think the difference is so little then why do you have a faceplated transmission in your car? I mean if its just a tenth then why go through the hassel/money of a special transmission that allows you to shift at WOT if a syncro'd manual is just a hair slower? You seem to contradict yourself.

Not to toot my horn but I'm pretty fast at shifting (not juice fast lol) and I see a noticeable gain. Hell I can powershift all but one gear change and notice it in my ET.

-Mark

I agree with you 100%. If you arent noticing a BIG difference with faceplating, somethings wrong.

Quick Reply: Found video of JUICE shifting