Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Haha, GT500 SC is no match for an SS...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not buying it at all, you had all that **** in your car putting you as heavy as the gt500 and you make less power

Originally Posted by lemons12
Good kills. It would take a properly setup up pullied cobra, possibly even ported blower, to beat you so no surprise there.

This your first fast car? If so, respect it... Or it will hurt you.
Yeah I completely agree if he didnt have 3 passengers and 150lbs of tools in there, that puts him just as heavy if not heavier than the gt500 so I still have a hard time believing it. I know his SS is faster but with all that **** I just don't buy it.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
Not buying it at all, you had all that **** in your car putting you as heavy as the gt500 and you make less power

Yeah I completely agree if he didnt have 3 passengers and 150lbs of tools in there, that puts him just as heavy if not heavier than the gt500 so I still have a hard time believing it. I know his SS is faster but with all that **** I just don't buy it.

Did you not look at the mod list in his signature?
Old 08-18-2011, 02:13 PM
12 Second Club

you dont have to buy it FL8 BYT, dont matter to me... Im just telling you guys exactly what happened... like I said, most of the race is on the driver, and he could be the shittiest driver ever who knows? and for itsslow98, again.... I am not retarded, I dont make up gay ****, 200 KILOMETERS PER HOUR. Im sorry I sometimes forget that if it seems too good to be true sometimes Americans forget to switch to metric lol... thanks for the guy below him actually realizing that...

and ohioborn, believe me man, I know all this, like I said before, Im just a cocky 18 year old know it all with a beautiful car, I know I would have absolutely no chance against him from a dig, and on the hwy he can do just over 200 ***MPH**** and I may be lucky enough to reach around 170mph... I was telling him the same thing you just said, he was bragging how he ran 11.0 at 122mph, and I said to him, well yeah but your $150,000 car drives itself, making a million calculations every millisecond to make your car handle and perform at its peak. And the flappy paddle shifters are dummy proof.

I know my car, I know how fast and how dangerous it CAN pontentially be with a driver that cant handle it... To be fair I have much more experience driving than most people my age
Old 08-18-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

116mph trap and 2 passengers along with tools will drop you down to around 110mph traps IMO. Just something to think about...not going to call BS, but...

Funny story, when my Cobra was stock longblocked (440-460ishrwhp??) before it blew I ran a friend in his LS1 SS cammed 6 speed. I had 2 230+lb guys where my back seats went (to help me with traction). We went from a dig and I launched in 2nd gear and still beat the cammed LS1. And he had 4.10 gears and huge tires in the rear. Guy ran 92mph in the 1/8th I think. Was a long time ago!
Old 08-18-2011, 06:15 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by hendrixx
Just thought Id share this, its making me love my car more and more each second I drive.

I was cruising down Hwy 7 which is the best area for car meets and races (not legal) if you are into that stuff.. So I have me and 3 friends in the car, and I look in my mirror (its 1 in the morning) and see the front end of a GT500coming up on me, now my SS has straight pipes (not by choice, waiting on a muffler shop to build some pipes for me) and with my cam and all, Im sure the guy thought "haha, silly camaro, Im a supercharged mustang and I win every time!"

So the light turns red infront of us, and I speed up to get around the person in the lane to my right, and we both pull up side by side. The light turns green, and I take off like a granny, as does he... I was slowly building the rpm in 1st, and noticed he hasnt shifted yet either, so with 600lbs of people, and 150lbs of parts in the back, I floored it, and he must have hit it at the exact same time, so I shifted to second, and by the time I hit 130kmh shifting into 3rd, I had him by a full car and a bit... I slowed right down (bad area to speed, it was stupid but I had too) and he looked over and gave me a thumbs up and drove away. Now this was a brand new 2012 GT500.

Another quick story, on the way home from buying my beautiful Camaro, I was cruising up the highway, and was having some second thoughts, I had just spent $15,000, Im 18 blah blah, and was getting worried, cold feet or whatever, and not a second after that thought finished, I **** you not, a SECOND after, a white 04 Cobra pulls up next to me, I ran him 3 times from 80kmh, and absolutely DE STROYEEED him, by 190kmh (when I let off) I had him by 2-3 cars. Oh man, so that thought never entered my head since, and Im loving the car.

FYI, I do oil changes every 3000kms, and wash this car literally every single day, even if its got a speck of dirt, I wash it. I take care of this thing, I try not to beat on her too much.

Yup, thats it...
That's a waste of money, and a good way to ruin your paint (depending on what you use to wash it). Good kills.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hendrixx.. I won't argue you this as I know I'm right, and I'm not trying to be a dick. You can't handle your car.
I thought that with my 430rwhp 3000# trans am that trapped 96+mph with no tune and spinning until it got away from me one time.. It quickly put me into check.
I'm sure you can handle it just as good as I could, hell maybe better. But it takes that one time of flooring It below 20mph and over correcting just a tad and you have a **** storm.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

LLol I thought I was the only one that caught the washing every week, someone else knows detailing.
90% chance he is causing more damage than good. op, what is your wash method?
Old 08-18-2011, 06:24 PM
***Repost Police***

$10 says he uses dish soap.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:17 PM
12 Second Club

$10 says I use dish soap? Im a detailer at Ford, I detail cars every day. And at the end of the day I choose to clean my own car FOR FREE. When its not actually DIRTY I simply spray it down with hot water and use quick detailer spray wax on it, if its dirty then I use spray clean on the tires and wheel wells, and the front of the car for any bugs. Then I use moderate strength wheel acid and spray it on and use a horse hair brush to scrub the wheels and tires and wheel wells. Then I spray down the whole car with water, use a clean wash mit or brush and soap with NO WAX in it, from Ford, and simply rinse it all at once. If I feel like it needs it I wax it, doesnt need to be polished since I did it the first week I got the car... Dry it down with a synthetic chamois, and spray the wheel wells and tires with AutoMagic tire dressing, and detail the rims and use windex on the exterior windows, blow out every nook and cranny with the air nozzle.

So... smart ***, care to make more jokes of me cleaning my car? And you owe me $10 now bitch
Old 08-18-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Oh Lord....you guys have gone and pissed off a detailer now.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hahaha I like this kid. Hendrixx, don't let those two douchebags push you around
Old 08-18-2011, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice kill OP.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:44 PM
Teching In

Wow, it's getting deep in here...
Old 08-18-2011, 10:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
$10 says he uses dish soap.

Originally Posted by hendrixx
$10 says I use dish soap? Im a detailer at Ford, I detail cars every day. And at the end of the day I choose to clean my own car FOR FREE. When its not actually DIRTY I simply spray it down with hot water and use quick detailer spray wax on it, if its dirty then I use spray clean on the tires and wheel wells, and the front of the car for any bugs. Then I use moderate strength wheel acid and spray it on and use a horse hair brush to scrub the wheels and tires and wheel wells. Then I spray down the whole car with water, use a clean wash mit or brush and soap with NO WAX in it, from Ford, and simply rinse it all at once. If I feel like it needs it I wax it, doesnt need to be polished since I did it the first week I got the car... Dry it down with a synthetic chamois, and spray the wheel wells and tires with AutoMagic tire dressing, and detail the rims and use windex on the exterior windows, blow out every nook and cranny with the air nozzle.

So... smart ***, care to make more jokes of me cleaning my car? And you owe me $10 now bitch
How many wash buckets do you dirty when you wash your car?
Originally Posted by Jersey Mike
Hahaha I like this kid. Hendrixx, don't let those two douchebags push you around
He has zero choice.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I use the good soap, Dawn.....i dont use the shitty Joy stuff. Right before i wax it I usually use comet.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Best results is to clay bar using Dawn as a lubricant right after a wax. Any contaminants that got on the paint during wax are removed with this process, completely.
Paint will be protected.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Heater
Did you not look at the mod list in his signature?
Yeah I did... I don't get what you are trying to show me?
Old 08-19-2011, 12:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
I have neither. I have a new 5.0.
OMG! Un-Fricken Real!
Old 08-19-2011, 01:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmos
OMG! Un-Fricken Real!
NO they are real.. I know i know they are like goods new gifts now.

Ok but really if you look he asked which one I had.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
NO they are real.. I know i know they are like goods new gifts now.

Ok but really if you look he asked which one I had.
I know. Just busting your *****