I'm in for 50 more pages this is very entertaining
Old 09-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ds98formula
And you where part of it
were* and yes Im very bored...lol

Originally Posted by sw07gt
Trex with ported 243s and a fast 102 on a 150 shot. There's a dyno graph floating around this site of the car making 411 before the fast and nitrous.

The new spec Trex or old spec? My cam is around the same size.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by F-Body_4_Life
How many times did you click the "refresh" button to do that??
lol no I just opened SRK and saw 998 and said "oh **** oh **** I gotta get 1000th!" while my pos slow server work internet took 5 minutes to open the page. It felt like I was on eBay about to lose an auction because I wasn't going to make the last bid.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:29 PM
Restricted User

Ha this thread has gotten entertaining... People arguing all over. Did I mention when my LS was stock I used to put like 4-5 car lenths on mach 1's?
Old 09-09-2011, 01:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BStowers023
Did you keep this argument going just so that your thread could be 1000 posts?
were* and yes Im very bored...lol
In that case your above quote is a fragmented sentence either delete the word just or the word that. Then it would be correct. See how annoying that is lol
Old 09-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by z99ls1
Ha this thread has gotten entertaining... People arguing all over. Did I mention when my LS was stock I used to put like 4-5 car lenths on mach 1's?
Did I mention when my Mach 1 was stock I used to put like 6-7 car lenths on LS1s?
Old 09-09-2011, 01:39 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Did I mention when my Mach 1 was stock I used to put like 6-7 car lenths on LS1s?
I wouldn't doubt if you did those Mach 1's pull hard up top! I know automach1 picked up 27mph just on the back end of the 1/4 mile
Old 09-09-2011, 01:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So you're telling me a 16 year old can get a "part time" job that pays well enough to afford a $275 car payment more than likely over $300 full coverage insurance and pay for gas each month???? what part time job is this that even a 16 year old can qualify because I want in!
Yes, I had more money to mod between the age of 17-20 than I do currently. Bills/house payment/groceries/etc all add up REAL quick.
1. Its called a down payment.
2. Anyone who's paying $275 a month for an fbody bought in the last 2-3 years is a ******* idiot. Unless you're talking a 2-3 year loan.
At first I was like who the **** you calling an idiot!? Then you redeemed yourself on the last bit! I got about 4 months and my bitch is paid off, then real modding begins!
You're one of the few but isnt your car an LT1? still an Fbody but the LS1 Fbody's are a little more $$$. Its just he is trying to act like any teenager can get a part time job and buy an Fbody with no money issues, yes it is possible but how often do you see it? I guarantee almost never unless the parents are helping out with at least half the money or more per month.
The majority of people I know with fbodys now are 16-20... Some of them are older, but most have moved up to C5Zs/C6s/C6Zs/Cobras.
A few nice ones are around..
No I just didnt buy some ragged out $5-6K POS, I actually bought a nice one with somewhat low miles, 62K. And it takes time to build credit, you must not understand this yet but im still establishing mine so my interest rate wasnt the best.
I paid 8,500 for my car a little over 2 years ago. Heads/cam/built trans with converter/etc etc.. Ran 7.4s@92ish when I bought it. Cars paint was immaculate along with the interior. Had 69K on the clock. Just because you paid too much, doesn't mean we all did.
Id you paid 10K+ for a stock car, even from a dealer, you got RAPED. Period.
Yes I bought mine for $11,500 and thought that was a pretty good deal and I pay $275 a month for mine. When I made the statement I was talking about a nice Fbody with fairly low miles.....
My fbody is nice, and still has fairly low miles... With a ton of mods done when I bought it and a garage queen. You got raped.

Im not sure if I can be any clearer. I was demonstrating how flat the power curve is on an eaton car. ITS NOT MY ******* DYNO CHART YOU ******* RETARD. JESUS ****.
I laughed all morning at this.
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
lol no I just opened SRK and saw 998 and said "oh **** oh **** I gotta get 1000th!" while my pos slow server work internet took 5 minutes to open the page. It felt like I was on eBay about to lose an auction because I wasn't going to make the last bid.
Does anybody else go crazy when they win an Ebay auction? If I win EVERYONE in the house knows. Especially if I'm in a bid war with dick weed.
Yea, you did.. Remember cause after that I told you how close of a race it really was?
Old 09-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

I wouldn't doubt if you did those Mach 1's pull hard up top! I know automach1 picked up 27mph just on the back end of the 1/4 mile
Pullied/ported 03 Cobras weren't **** to me!
Old 09-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

The new spec Trex or old spec? My cam is around the same size.
Old spec.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

You're one of the few but isnt your car an LT1? still an Fbody but the LS1 Fbody's are a little more $$$. Its just he is trying to act like any teenager can get a part time job and buy an Fbody with no money issues, yes it is possible but how often do you see it? I guarantee almost never unless the parents are helping out with at least half the money or more per month.
My parents did not help me out with any of the payments on my car when I originally bought it. I gave dad the money and had him register the car in his name and the insurance under his name with me as the driver and it being my secondary car (went the cheap, smarter way around things) Also, you need to consider that when I bought mine in 08 when the market was still OK, mine was $6,000. Now in 2011 there are quite a few good deals on 98-02 ls1 fbodies <100k for $6,000 (market for Fbodies blows). I had a good deal of disposable income doing my high school job and living with the parents, but instead of buying a really nice vehicle, I chose to invest it (and glad I did)
And it takes time to build credit, you must not understand this yet but im still establishing mine so my interest rate wasnt the best.
I feel you on that one. What I thought was more amusing is that when I was 18 a credit union wanted to loan me $16k for an F-body when I barely even had credit established yet. (Good luck doing that now) Good thing I've taken all the steps necessary for a stellar score when I graduate

Originally Posted by lemons12
Yes, I had more money to mod between the age of 17-20 than I do currently. Bills/house payment/groceries/etc all add up REAL quick.

The majority of people I know with fbodys now are 16-20... Some of them are older, but most have moved up to C5Zs/C6s/C6Zs/Cobras.

I paid 8,500 for my car a little over 2 years ago. Heads/cam/built trans with converter/etc etc.. Ran 7.4s@92ish when I bought it. Cars paint was immaculate along with the interior. Had 69K on the clock.

My fbody is nice, and still has fairly low miles... With a ton of mods done when I bought it and a garage queen. You got raped.
I hope to upgrade some day soon to a C6. For now, I'll just finish college and keep investing my money to help make the dent in my wallet much lighter.

You got a steal on your car!!! Around here (car was 100 miles away when I bought it), you weren't getting anywhere close to that deal 3 years ago. Still wish I would have shelled out the $10k 3 years ago for that 1999 Black WS6 A4 I was looking at with 60k miles. I chose to instead buy with cash and not cash out investments and ended up with the current piece in my sig
Old 09-09-2011, 02:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
You got a steal on your car!!! Around here (car was 100 miles away when I bought it), you weren't getting anywhere close to that deal 3 years ago. Still wish I would have shelled out the $10k 3 years ago for that 1999 Black WS6 A4 I was looking at with 60k miles. I chose to instead buy with cash and not cash out investments and ended up with the current piece in my sig
It was a very good deal... He was asking 10,500. I told him put the stock rims on (Had torque Thrusts on it) and I would be there that night with 8,500 cash and pick it up. He called back a few hours later and agreed!
I won't buy a car unless I'm getting a good deal.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Let me explain this as clearly as I can. Autimach was implying he had a better power curve than eaton cars and that's why he could beat them with less peak power. All I did was post some dyno sheets showing what kind of power band an eaton car has. The only reason I even mentioned my power numbers is because bstowers said he wanted to roll me up. Im not sure why you can't seem to grasp this. As far as my car goes I don't have the graphs on my phone but its a big cam ls1 with a 150 shot. I think its pretty safe to say the car makes over 500 wheel without seeing the dyno.
And I still suppose to be impressed????

Either way I don't care it just funny you get so butthurt. But I see you are calmer so mama must have made you that warm cup of milk.

Now bring that thing some where so it can get smoked.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Yea man, I was really butthurt over your lack of reading comprehension.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:16 PM
***Repost Police***

Yea man, I was really butthurt over your lack of reading comprehension.
I think a simple "my bad," would have worked just fine, ya know?
Old 09-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Launching!

At first I was like who the **** you calling an idiot!? Then you redeemed yourself on the last bit! I got about 4 months and my bitch is paid off, then real modding begins!

I paid 8,500 for my car a little over 2 years ago. Heads/cam/built trans with converter/etc etc.. Ran 7.4s@92ish when I bought it. Cars paint was immaculate along with the interior. Had 69K on the clock. Just because you paid too much, doesn't mean we all did.
Id you paid 10K+ for a stock car, even from a dealer, you got RAPED. Period.

I laughed all morning at this.

Does anybody else go crazy when they win an Ebay auction? If I win EVERYONE in the house knows. Especially if I'm in a bid war with dick weed.

Yea, you did.. Remember cause after that I told you how close of a race it really was?

How exactly did I get raped? I wanted a bone stock WS6 so I could do all the work myself and not run into issues where you dont know where the car has been and who did what with it. Plus this car was a one owner car in nearly perfect condition. Maybe you found a good deal on your car, congrats. But that does not mean I got raped. Also note my car is an 02 and yours is a 00.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:29 PM
TECH Resident

It was a very good deal... He was asking 10,500. I told him put the stock rims on (Had torque Thrusts on it) and I would be there that night with 8,500 cash and pick it up. He called back a few hours later and agreed!
I won't buy a car unless I'm getting a good deal.
Damn thaugh I got a good deal with mine. I payed 8k for mine with 55k on it from a dealer. They said the car sat there for 2 months because noone wanted a 6spd that was back in 2006
Old 09-09-2011, 02:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

How exactly did I get raped? I wanted a bone stock WS6 so I could do all the work myself and not run into issues where you dont know where the car has been and who did what with it. Plus this car was a one owner car in nearly perfect condition. Maybe you found a good deal on your car, congrats. But that does not mean I got raped. Also note my car is an 02 and yours is a 00.
Let me rephrase, in my opinion you got raped.

I could care less if I buy a stock or modded car. It is all going to get changed anyway because I need to build it MY way. Most cars are not built correctly. I'm just now getting around to making the mods on this one right (headers/merge/etc), even though it had Kooks/etc on it.

Mine was a two owner. It had 1 small rock chip on the rear bumper and you could tell there was wear on the driver bolster, not torn or anything just normal wear.

IMO every car I have bought has been a good deal. Just because people try to get 2K more for their car than its worth doesn't mean I have to pay it. I throw an offer up that I think its worth, if they take it they take it, if not I move on.

Is there a difference between 2000 and 2002 I should know about or a reason it would be 3+K difference in price? Note that my car was in just as good shape with the same miles and ran 2 seconds quicker in the 1/4 mile?

Don't take it personal, its my opinion. *I* would not have spent that much on that car.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ds98formula
Damn thaugh I got a good deal with mine. I payed 8k for mine with 55k on it from a dealer. They said the car sat there for 2 months because noone wanted a 6spd that was back in 2006
Dealers are always about 1,500$ higher. One more reason I won't buy from them.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

**** I use to pull on ls1.com... Read the comments.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f2/awesome...-stand-101305/

I got banned so many times on there it is unreal. That was one of the more tame threads, there were some epic threads without a doubt.
The link is here that was removed: http://www.ls1.com/forums/f2/awesome...5/#post1712639

And it actually use to pop up like 50 more boxes over and over and you couldn't get out of it. For less talented computer people you had to restart your comp.
Now it just plays the video.