Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got a run against a 5th Gen Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 10:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive had plenty of opportunity to run one but after driving them on several occasions i dont even bother. The auto is a joke and the tranny just magnifies the problem with slow shifts, ofcourse the tune wakes it up. The manual is definitly alot better but with 340-350 rwhp and weighs 3800+lbs its just a cool looking car to me. Nothing against people who have them you can make them fast and there not slow out of the factory at all in the end its just preference.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:33 AM
TECH Regular

DA was around 1500ft and no tune, all I have is headers. My 60 ft was a 1.91, its not some magic run there are plenty of guys that know how to drive that make these runs on a normal basis. Like I said its not the car its the owners! These cars are faster then LS1s, GTO, SRT8s, G8s ect. I have NEVER lost to a any of those cars on street tires... every SRT I ran I killed this summer! Bad drivers are giving this car a bad name, thats just all there is to it!
Old 09-13-2011, 11:50 AM

I like how no one's ever lost to any other car of a certain type. I think I've read, "I've never lost to X,Y, or Z" about 15 times in the last 3 days. So if no one ever loses in these match ups then where are all the losers at?

According to SR&K everything is faster than everything else.

Last edited by ScreaminRedZ; 09-13-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
I like how no one's ever lost to any other car of a certain type. I think I've read, "I've never lost to X,Y, or Z" about 15 times in the last 3 days. So if no one ever loses in these match ups then where are all the losers at?

a=b and b=c but c doesnt = a
Old 09-13-2011, 12:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL, hey i lost in a thread i posted. Even with the car i was racing was in the wrong gear, lol. I need to find me a civic or something to beat on

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ

Old 09-13-2011, 12:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

right on. remember what the 1/8 stuff was?
Old 09-13-2011, 12:48 PM
TECH Regular

The only reason I bring that up is because I am sick of hearing how guys are putting a bus length on new SS's in nothing but slower bolt-on cars... then people chimming in on how the new camaros are dogs! When that simply is not true... I am not saying that it dose not happen, cause I know it does but its getting old with people repeting the same sh$t over and over again. I dont get how muching bashing on 5th gens go on over here when this is a LS car site! I can make post about all the cars I beat this summer too and sit there and call them dogs... I have big list of people that thought like allot of what you guys think here! It was awesome when the tech guy told me his friend has a camaro and the best he can get out of it was 13.3 and then decided to tell me I dought you will even run 13.0, then my first pass out was a 12.80! Hell I even had camaro guys tell me a bolt on GTO was going to walk me, and that endend up with me winning that too I guess people expected corvette performance out of a camaro. I am very pleased with the performance of my car, I cant wait to put tires on it!
Old 09-13-2011, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by sweetC5
The only reason I bring that up is because I am sick of hearing how guys are putting a bus length on new SS's in nothing but slower bolt-on cars... then people chimming in on how the new camaros are dogs! When that simply is not true... I am not saying that it dose not happen, cause I know it does but its getting old with people repeting the same sh$t over and over again. I dont get how muching bashing on 5th gens go on over here when this is a LS car site! I can make post about all the cars I beat this summer too and sit there and call them dogs... I have big list of people that thought like allot of what you guys think here! It was awesome when the tech guy told me his friend has a camaro and the best he can get out of it was 13.3 and then decided to tell me I dought you will even run 13.0, then my first pass out was a 12.80! Hell I even had camaro guys tell me a bolt on GTO was going to walk me, and that endend up with me winning that too I guess people expected corvette performance out of a camaro. I am very pleased with the performance of my car, I cant wait to put tires on it!
Wasn't meant to be a shot at you, just a statement in general. In all these threads, people want to use their own limited personal experiences as the be all end all of what will happen and then they want to disregard other people's experiences just because it doesn't jive with their own.

Generic example:

Driver of car A: "I raced 5 of X and smoked every one. They are slower than A."

Driver of Car X: "Maybe the driver's sucked and you just beat the driver."

Driver of car A: "No, the driver were all spot on, no driver error there."

Driver of car X: "Well I've raced a few of A and I beat every one without an issue."

Driver of car A: "Probably beat the drivers, that would never happen if you raced me."

Old 09-13-2011, 06:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by sweetC5
New Camaro's are slow...

I really never lost to one in my G8 or 5.0. Then again until recent none was really modded. But to me a G8 should have still lost even with just bolt ons. LT's/Cold air/tune. I did start what 60hp down and a little heavier. .
Old 09-13-2011, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another good kill Ike! He was a poor sport though
Old 09-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Went to LS FEst this weekend and saw a whole host of 5th gens running terrible times. Pretty pitiful. The lingenfelter 5th gens would have been rowdy, if they made a pass without breaking lol.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:05 PM
TECH Regular

Really, did you have a list of all the cars mods and what times they should run what did you run?
Old 09-13-2011, 08:11 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

I was spectating, car wasn't done in time. The one with the license plate that said 454 lsx was pretty rowdy with the low 12 second passes...
Old 09-14-2011, 05:24 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i agree ,out of the few 5th gens i have ran they are slow,even one i ran was a pretty modded and i still thought for the mods and power he was making it was slow.i think they are really nice,and i woud love one for a dd, but after i test drove one i was not a fan of them anymore,not saying they cant be fast but it takes a good amount of mods to hang with a h/c 4th gen

Quick Reply: Got a run against a 5th Gen Camaro