Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cobalt SS/TC Vs Cammed LS1 Camaro SS & Mild Bolt-On Stalled Z28

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought the cammed SS would raped the Colbalt compared to the Z28. I want to see the SS and Z28 go at it. Good races though OP, you would have a nice advantage at a roll; oh **** flashback of the Cobalt SS/TC raping me at a roll in the highway few months back
Old 09-27-2011, 11:54 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
Bolt ons do nothing for a GM tuned Cobalt. Also stock trap speeds are more like 99-101. Your 103 is on the high side and is exactly what my buddies did stock for 1 pass after we tricked the computer. Then it was right back to 99-101 the rest of the night.

You tricked the computer, just admit it. There's like a dozen threads on the Cobalt board on how to do it to pick up a few MPH for 1 pass. Notice how all the fastest stock SS/TC's trap like 2-3mph slower on their backup pass.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. I have two back to back slips when we ran and his trap was for all intensive purposes the same.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by willizm
I wouldn't be so sure about that. I have two back to back slips when we ran and his trap was for all intensive purposes the same.
thanks will......it always is.

i have never ran a double digit trap.....EVER
its almost funny to hear that. id have lt1's on my *** if that was the case an it never was.

the car is consistant and i can drive it, dare i say, like juice drives his goat.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:58 AM
9 Second Club

My car is supercharged. If I go into the mountains I'll just run a smaller pulley
cool story bro!
Old 09-27-2011, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's do it Mike
Old 09-27-2011, 02:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BoricuaHec01
I thought the cammed SS would raped the Colbalt compared to the Z28. I want to see the SS and Z28 go at it. Good races though OP, you would have a nice advantage at a roll; oh **** flashback of the Cobalt SS/TC raping me at a roll in the highway few months back
Do you guys not read? At all?

Me and the cammed SS race goes like this.

He doesn't get a good launch I jump out a couple cars and he starts reeling me back in but never gets it done.

He gets a decent launch and gets me by a fender.

If he got a hard launch and didn't spin he would get me by a car or so.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by itsslow98
That cam is smaller then the MS3 and those cars run there *** off top end. I think your making crappy excuses for poor driving. Your setup should easily net you 116mph trap speeds which should easily pull that cobalt from a roll.

Id learn to drive before i start throwing parts at it to bandaid the problem. Maybe even look at a re-tune if your having driveability issues.
First off roll racing is for people who like dick.

Second, his car will trap nowhere near 116 at our altitude.

Third, the car pulls hard in the powerband, its just very narrow and only good for screaming above 4500 RPMs. No amount of learning how to drive or tuning will change that...
Old 09-27-2011, 02:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Better stay in the mountains. You come down to sea level and everyone else picks up 100 horsepower. Your cobalt picks up Zero.
You are dead wrong, and you obviously have zero experience with this.

Do you know how turbos work? Pressure ratio, meaning they take the incoming air and compound it.

When the air at the inlet is 3-4lbs higher the engine will see much more air than it would at higher altitude.

Long story short, boosted vehicles dont gain as much but there is still a big gain.

and that's not theory either. I've taken boosted vehicles from here to sea level and vice versa. I know the difference it makes.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:44 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by gregrob

Long story short, boosted vehicles dont gain as much but there is still a big gain.

FIrst I will say that I do agree with some of what you said, but I don't think that is grammatically correct. How can you say they don't gain as much, but in the same sentence say there is still a big gain?
Old 09-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Teching In

You are dead wrong, and you obviously have zero experience with this.

Do you know how turbos work? Pressure ratio, meaning they take the incoming air and compound it.

When the air at the inlet is 3-4lbs higher the engine will see much more air than it would at higher altitude.

and that's not theory either. I've taken boosted vehicles from here to sea level and vice versa. I know the difference it makes.

Oh the Irony is killing me.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

You wanna know why I don't rock a catback? the only good sounding ones cost 2k. F all that noise. Literally.
Holy hell! $2k for a catback? Might as well just keep it stock and sleeper'ish
Old 09-27-2011, 03:10 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Holy hell! $2k for a catback? Might as well just keep it stock and sleeper'ish
Yep, bimmer tax. those catbacks sound kinda nice though

First off roll racing is for people who like dick.
Not trying to pick on you, but here is the thing. Yeah, roll races may not be your cup of tea. I'll always be up for a dig race in any of my cars. With that being said, the guy that has to say a comment like that are insecure and don't want to get wacked by a fwd car from a roll. Anyone that is worth their salt would be willing to give a race and take a race to make it interesting.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

FIrst I will say that I do agree with some of what you said, but I don't think that is grammatically correct. How can you say they don't gain as much, but in the same sentence say there is still a big gain?
You guys are arguing semantics now lol.

Would it make you happy if I said it this way?

N/A going from here to sea level is a huge gain.

Turbo going from here to sea level is a big gain.

Juice the fact that you're trying to pick apart what I said just proves you can't dispute it, because you have no experience.

What I originally said still stands, no matter how hard it is for you to comprehend. It's not as big of a gain as N/A but still a big gain.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:13 PM
11 Second Club

You guys are arguing semantics now lol.

Would it make you happy if I said it this way?

N/A going from here to sea level is a huge gain.

Turbo going from here to sea level is a big gain.

Juice the fact that you're trying to pick apart what I said just proves you can't dispute it, because you have no experience.

What I originally said still stands, no matter how hard it is for you to comprehend. It's not as big of a gain as N/A but still a big gain.
dont take it personal, my posts usualy go without a response from him too

<-------goes to look up this "fool the PC" shenanigans
Old 09-27-2011, 03:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Not trying to pick on you, but here is the thing. Yeah, roll races may not be your cup of tea. I'll always be up for a dig race in any of my cars. With that being said, the guy that has to say a comment like that are insecure and don't want to get wacked by a fwd car from a roll. Anyone that is worth their salt would be willing to give a race and take a race to make it interesting.
You can find videos of me racing the cobalt from a roll when I didnt have full exhaust. We tried to go from a roll the other night be he missed a gear.

It's just not my preferred method of racing...

and when someone says something like this car should pull that one from a roll yadda yadda yadda in reference to the powerband of a cam. They are completely missing the point that was trying to be made. It's ricer math.

Of course the if you start a roll from 5000 RPMs the car with too big of a cam is going to do better than a dig. That's not the point. The point is the cam is a piece of **** for anywhere except screaming RPMs.

M29Formula is cool and will race from a dig / roll whatever. In fact most of his races are from a dig. So I was not referring to him.

I am referring to those geniuses who base a cars performance solely on how it pulls from a roll. Which is the most narrow minded pathetic and ricer thing you can do.

A RWD V8 car is made to go from a dig. Thats why I can **** people off who trap higher than me. Sticky tires plus a stall jumps them out of the hole and they never catch me. Period.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:15 PM
11 Second Club

i do agree with Will though.

give me a roll so u can at least see my car makes good power and u get your dig race.

both ways makes it more fun.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by hugger1975

<-------goes to look up this "fool the PC" shenanigans

Bahahahahah.

Same
Old 09-27-2011, 03:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by hugger1975
i do agree with Will though.

give me a roll so u can at least see my car makes good power and u get your dig race.

both ways makes it more fun.
I will always give someone a roll race if they're cool about it and will go from a dig as well.

If they're ricer about it, they can ferk off.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Oh the Irony is killing me.
That **** you bolded in a feable attempt to own me is clearly understandable. I dont know what you're trying to prove.

You said the gains going to sea level would be zero. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

You are wrong.

Deal with it.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:18 PM
11 Second Club

Bahahahahah.

Same
ive been in the dark!
havnt been on cobalt forum for a year

Quick Reply: Cobalt SS/TC Vs Cammed LS1 Camaro SS & Mild Bolt-On Stalled Z28