Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Second Degree Murder of an NSX

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 02:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of you are missing the point of the NSX entirely.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Killemall
As to tbe nsx trust me it is an exotic car. Park a vette next to it and prepare to be embarrassed no matter how much power the vette has. Even my viper was no match for the nsx as people constantly asked more questions about it than my viper and said they liked it better. Do a lil research on the nsx and youll see why. It was a very very special car that stood the test of time in every way minus hp
So you think an Exotic = when people ask you questions about your car? The only reason they did that to your NSX is because you don't see them around. Why? Because they are a failure of an exotic and most people have more sense than to spend money on them. Hell I had a CLEAN 91 MR2, Ferrari red (can't remember the code I went with), clean side skirts, 93 front lip, 93 rear, and it was debadged. I couldn't go anywhere without people stopping me asking me what it was and that it looked like a Ferrari. I guess that means I owned an exotic too huh?
Old 09-29-2011, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Beans
Most of you are missing the point of the NSX entirely.
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 04:52 PM
Launching!

To me to be exotic you have to git all of a certain formula.

Rare=as in maximum 10k units on any given year
Not easily obtainable=minimum of 75k
Stand out looks=dosent blend in with everyday cars
No lesser same model=a one off

A mr2dosent qualify price wise
A zr1 dosent qualify as being a one off desighn as it has several lessr models
A gtr dosent qualify due to blend in looks with a back seat and over 10k produced a year
Supra dosent meet the minimum 75k base price

Nsx on the other hand meets all criteria. If a 2004 nsx had sold for 60k instead of 90k and they made 20k a year instead of 2k and had a lesser 4 cylinder model they made 40k of for the people who couldnt afford the v6 model then trust me we wouldnt be haveing this conversation about the nsx

Ill never own another one but theirs only two cars from japan id ever buy. The nsx and gtr
Old 09-29-2011, 05:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

The NSX is a rare car. I have only seen two in person. One handed me my *** when I had a bolt on 97 Cobra. The other was at a car show. And have to agree. More people paid attention to it then all the Vettes/Mustangs/Camaro's/vipers. It even got more looks then the Ferrari and Lambo that was there.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Teching In

They did everything right in the looks department. I dont think my head ever stops turning to stare everytime I see one.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:52 PM
Teching In

A gtr dosent qualify due to blend in looks with a back seat and over 10k produced a year

Nsx on the other hand meets all criteria. If a 2004 nsx had sold for 60k instead of 90k and they made 20k a year instead of 2k and had a lesser 4 cylinder model they made 40k of for the people who couldnt afford the v6 model then trust me we wouldnt be haveing this conversation about the nsx

Ill never own another one but theirs only two cars from japan id ever buy. The nsx and gtr
I agree with everything that you said there, but i think that an exotic should also not have to worry about getting outran by a guy with a trans am or mustang with a couple thousand bucks in bolt ons. Great looking car and gets around the track really fast but straight line speed just doesnt hold up no matter what year nsx your talking about. When i think exotic I think ferrari, lambos, aston martin . To me the NSX is a really nice REALLY expensive sports car comparable to a porsche carrera. Not hating on it but I kinda am.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:55 PM
Launching!

to me a porshe carrera is just one model of like 15 different porshes while the nsx isits own identity
Old 09-29-2011, 09:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

I guess a Ferrari isn't an exotic because there is more than one of it.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:32 PM
Teching In

aluminum monocoque body enough said they are exotic they were ahead of the time in the 90s but they went down due to price just like the supra no one would pay big money for a jap car thats the real story. I had one in 95 and it was an outstanding car. love em
Old 09-29-2011, 09:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I guess a Ferrari isn't an exotic because there is more than one of it.
My point exactly. Didnt the nsx have a nsxt as well that is two models so there for by some people logic it doesnt qualify as an exotic either. Come on guys its not an exotic its was honda's attempt to make a viper and it didnt work out too well. Not saying the car was a huge pile of **** that was a horrible car to drive, im sure its a freakin blast but not what would be considered an exotic.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ls2foryou
aluminum monocoque body enough said they are exotic they were ahead of the time in the 90s but they went down due to price just like the supra no one would pay big money for a jap car thats the real story. I had one in 95 and it was an outstanding car. love em
mazda put a rotary engine in a rx7 and no one else was doing it or still is for that matter, doesnt make it exotic just unique.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
They did everything right in the looks department. I dont think my head ever stops turning to stare everytime I see one.
They look sharp, but, only reason I stare at them is cause I NEVER see them. I know of a single red one in my local area, I know of/seen more vipers and ferarris and lambos then nsxs.....Its not exotic but its still rare in my book.

Originally Posted by 85mustang351
mazda put a rotary engine in a rx7 and no one else was doing it or still is for that matter, doesnt make it exotic just unique.
What he said
Old 09-29-2011, 10:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

My point exactly. Didnt the nsx have a nsxt as well that is two models so there for by some people logic it doesnt qualify as an exotic either. Come on guys its not an exotic its was honda's attempt to make a viper and it didnt work out too well. Not saying the car was a huge pile of **** that was a horrible car to drive, im sure its a freakin blast but not what would be considered an exotic.
Ding ding ding

The NSX was never nor will ever be an Exotic. No more than a Delorian is an Exotic.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
No more than a Delorian is an Exotic.
Bad stop sign, the delorian is more then exotic!
Old 09-29-2011, 10:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ZFreie
They look sharp, but, only reason I stare at them is cause I NEVER see them. I know of a single red one in my local area, I know of/seen more vipers and ferarris and lambos then nsxs.....Its not exotic but its still rare in my book.

What he said
roto engins were a flop at first gm dropped wankel so he went to mazda. they last about 100000 miles and poof. read up a little about this car the nsx...... you will see what im saying. its no varon tho.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:21 PM
Teching In

Any car that can go back in time is damn sure exotic. Delorian>NSX
Old 09-29-2011, 10:25 PM
Teching In

It's a time machine that runs on plutonium/1.21 jigawatts, bolt of lightning/garbage. Which ever time line you cross over too..
Old 09-29-2011, 10:25 PM
***Repost Police***

It was not an "attempt" at a Viper, it was a car built using Honda's F1 technology to be a less expensive alternative to Ferrari. And it was. One of the cars I hope to own one day.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:33 PM
Restricted User

A ZedR1 and a GTR are way more of a super car than a nsx could ever be. Zr1 kicks the NSX *** in just about every way. Of course they are hard to compare because the NSX hasn't been made for awhile, but still.

Quick Reply: Second Degree Murder of an NSX