Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Z28 vs GTR + ZR1 vs Z06

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slow Vette
i admitted to the tune because thats what i just got, but anyways i shouldnt be explaining myself to a dumbass such as yourself!!

have a nice day!!
Have you dyno'd/ran your car at the track? To be side by side with a zr1 with just an intake and a tune is impressive! I hope this vid doesnt get my hopes up when i come across one.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:49 PM

Don't some intake/tune Z06's make 480-490 rwhp? ZR1's seem to be in the 530-540 range and weigh a bit more. Throw some driving in there and what's the issue here?
Old 10-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Don't some intake/tune Z06's make 480-490 rwhp? ZR1's seem to be in the 530-540 range and weigh a bit more. Throw some driving in there and what's the issue here?
Zr1 usually dyno around 530-560whp and 520-540 trq(. while almost all z06's dyno around 440s-450 range and about 420-430 trq. I dyno'd 448 and 424 stock. The zr1 seems to have a wider stock difference due to how heat soaked the intercooler and supercharger are. Z06s weigh about 300lbs less. but are down about 80-100 rwp and trq. An intake and a tune usually net around 30whp gain on the z06. all said and done the zr1 should still have 20-40whp advantage.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Teching In

I won't say exact numbers since it isn't my car, but I was there when SlowVette dyno'd and it made under 500whp on a DynoJet. This was also the first race for the ZR1 (he had a Z06) and he said he isn't really used to the stock shifter....
Old 10-01-2011, 02:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 01 FiveNine RT
I won't say exact numbers since it isn't my car, but I was there when SlowVette dyno'd and it made under 500whp on a DynoJet. This was also the first race for the ZR1 (he had a Z06) and he said he isn't really used to the stock shifter....
its ok bro. it made that in like 30-40 degree weather back in the end of 2009, and then i went this march at another dynojet and it made 454rwhp LOL. that was the day besides me crying, is when i gave up on dyno numbers cause thats really all they are(numbers).

I understand the ZR1 owner said he wasnt used to the shifter, but if you see in the race, he wasnt pulling me when we were in our powerband!!

Cody, remember i have a brand new transmission which felt a little different then my old one
Old 10-01-2011, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by redctsv
Have you dyno'd/ran your car at the track? To be side by side with a zr1 with just an intake and a tune is impressive! I hope this vid doesnt get my hopes up when i come across one.
i actually still dont believe the outcome and i was there!!!
Old 10-01-2011, 03:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get it back on bottle already so we can run lol
Old 10-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Staging Lane

Nice!
Old 10-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LT1 Trash
get it back on bottle already so we can run lol
200 shot Z28 vs 200 shot Z06 FTW!
Old 10-02-2011, 02:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
They should just offer the z06 in auto they would sell so many more
I agree. I think the z06's and zr1's should have autos offered. I mean if the CTS-V's have the 6l90e on a heavy car and 556hp, why can't the z06 at 505hp and the light ZR1 at 638?

Sales would be strong for sure! However, would definitely **** off a lot of enthusiasts
Old 10-02-2011, 02:38 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I agree. I think the z06's and zr1's should have autos offered. I mean if the CTS-V's have the 6l90e on a heavy car and 556hp, why can't the z06 at 505hp and the light ZR1 at 638?

Sales would be strong for sure! However, would definitely **** off a lot of enthusiasts
yes it would be a strong sell see grand sport sales. I know i would if they came auto and if the z06 had not come manual i would have never of gotten one.

Last edited by redctsv; 10-02-2011 at 03:55 AM.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:45 AM
On The Tree

cough cough... sneaky pete 25 shot lol.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:44 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by marc97taws6

I would of loved if my car was Auto, but I'm sure they will offer it sometime.
I doubt it would **** off enthusiasts most people I see driving Z06's (new) are old guys who never use the car for what its intended for ie road course and drag strip. I dont blame them tho id never road course mine too nice and expensive of a car to put it threw that kind of abuse imo.

Even if it wasnt standard, itd still be a nice option you could pick
Old 10-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Teching In

its ok bro. it made that in like 30-40 degree weather back in the end of 2009, and then i went this march at another dynojet and it made 454rwhp LOL. that was the day besides me crying, is when i gave up on dyno numbers cause thats really all they are(numbers).

I understand the ZR1 owner said he wasnt used to the shifter, but if you see in the race, he wasnt pulling me when we were in our powerband!!

Cody, remember i have a brand new transmission which felt a little different then my old one
Just watched the video again and he actually was... Look at the top of every gear, he starts pulling but then u guys shift and he just stays there. With some smooth shifts and keeping his momentum, he could probably pull about a car the way both your cars sit right now.

BTW, let me dig/1st gear roll someone with that new tranny of yours lol, I havent launched/wot shifted a Z06 in a couple months... Im feigning to throw some gears, this A4 is killing me lol.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 01 FiveNine RT
Just watched the video again and he actually was... Look at the top of every gear, he starts pulling but then u guys shift and he just stays there. With some smooth shifts and keeping his momentum, he could probably pull about a car the way both your cars sit right now.

BTW, let me dig/1st gear roll someone with that new tranny of yours lol, I havent launched/wot shifted a Z06 in a couple months... Im feigning to throw some gears, this A4 is killing me lol.
LOL it just looks that way because we have different redlines and gearing or maybe the same gearing not sure. just answer me this if he was pulling me then how come he wasnt pulling me in 4th gear???lol you say he was right

LOL no thanks man it wouldnt be a fair race for you. i'm not into puppy kicking like some other people
Old 10-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Launching!

Slowvette...

Comeon man just get it please. Just get it man. You like fishsticks?

Their has been so much contraversy over your car. Many have said you lied about modifications.

You had a few vids of you running with or beating cars a air intake z06 could never possibly match. You swore intake only and then your engine went. Later juice was said to be the engine killer.

So your engine becomes healthy again and you swear intake only. Then post a vid of you hanging with a h/c 2008 viper while a even stock one would have pulled away.

Then their are reports that you have intake tune and a ported manifold and possibly others hidden.

But you only claim intake.

Now theirs you and the zr1. This vid is beautiful. I want to belieave that you have just intake and the newly claimed tune. But the constant contraversey makes me weary.

Harry........ swear to me man. Swear to me on your daughters life that you can reach that depth.

Then your a gay fish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn4TrtK4JaI

Last edited by Killemall; 10-02-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Launching!

Contraversy on the gtr forum over slowvette aswell

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....zr1-vs-c6-z06/
Old 10-02-2011, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Killemall
Slowvette...

Comeon man just get it please. Just get it man. You like fishsticks?

Their has been so much contraversy over your car. Many have said you lied about modifications.

You had a few vids of you running with or beating cars a air intake z06 could never possibly match. You swore intake only and then your engine went. Later juice was said to be the engine killer.

So your engine becomes healthy again and you swear intake only. Then post a vid of you hanging with a h/c 2008 viper while a even stock one would have pulled away.

Then their are reports that you have intake tune and a ported manifold and possibly others hidden.

But you only claim intake.

Now theirs you and the zr1. This vid is beautiful. I want to belieave that you have just intake and the newly claimed tune. But the constant contraversey makes me weary.

Harry........ swear to me man. Swear to me on your daughters life that you can reach that depth.

Then your a gay fish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn4TrtK4JaI
killemill, you like dick??? cuz thats what it looks like when you constantly are on mine over what i got..

damn man, you are such a dumbass that i have to repeat this. my first engine went a long time ago because of nitrous. i got it covered UNDER WARRANTY, so it didnt become HEALTHY again. wow you are such an idiot!!

at the end of the day, im driving a near stock Z06 hanging with a stock ZR1 and hanging with h/c 08viper, which KILLS you!!! rofl!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2011, 10:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Killemall
Contraversy on the gtr forum over slowvette aswell

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....zr1-vs-c6-z06/
i cant believe you are over there saying im on spray...lol. wow i guess im right, you are a ******* idiot by saying that when i have never sprayed my 2nd motor..LOL
Old 10-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Staging Lane

Can he be hiding mods? maybe. can he be telling the truth? Maybe. Is his car fast? Yes!
What did hustle a few of you guys during a race or something? Has someone here raced him that has trapped 130+ and has confirmed going such speed and not "well my car has these mods and should go XXXmph? If he hangs or beats them then we know weather he is telling the truth or not. You guys need to remember that the stock exhaust system on the z06 flows very well. It pretty much comes with what are equal to shorty headers and a 3 inch exhaust. guys on the vette boards are only picking up 5-20whp and torque, with headers and a different exhaust system, its pretty much common knowledge on the vette boards that if you are never going to cam your z06 its a waste of $ to put headers on unless you really feel the need for the car to be much louder. So depending on driver an intake tune only z06 can be equal to if not faster that a z06 with headers, intake and tune.

Quick Reply: Z28 vs GTR + ZR1 vs Z06