Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Z28 vs GTR + ZR1 vs Z06

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 11:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes its a big deal to me. People like Ranger dedicate their lives to perfecting their skills and running that documented 10.9 at 127 mph.

When I first saw a few of slowvettes vids I was blown away. Shortly after many people came out of the woodworks saying that he was a bold face liar. One even went as far as calling him a lil bitch and threatening to whoop his *** to wich slowvette had no bebutal.

He has gained a reputation not far from rangers in the world of internet street raceing based on lies.

The term intake only z06 carries a lot of weight when he post a video of himself beating 135 mph plus cars or hanging with them in a car that would really run a mid 120 quarter with jusr air intake.

But to be truthful and say air intake plus tune plus ported manifold plus cheater cam or sneaky 25 sht would make it just another z06 video.

Akin to ranger running a 10.9 with intake tune and ported manifold it would still be kool but not even remotely close to the bone stock 10.9 and we wouldnt even know who Ranger is.

At first I respected the bit of secrecy but as time went on its just damn wrong to post videos and say intake only and have people belieave they can spend 35k on a 06z06 and add an intake and give a zr1 modded 08 viper ect a good run

Think im gonna add a 50 shot to mine and create a new youtube account and race a bunch of cars as intake only viper. Ill be at 550 rwhp but what does that matter. Intake only yo!
Old 10-02-2011, 11:36 PM
Teching In

Intake only or not. Can someone post a link/video to slowvette vs that h/c 08 viper?
Old 10-02-2011, 11:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Killemall
Yes its a big deal to me. People like Ranger dedicate their lives to perfecting their skills and running that documented 10.9 at 127 mph.

When I first saw a few of slowvettes vids I was blown away. Shortly after many people came out of the woodworks saying that he was a bold face liar. One even went as far as calling him a lil bitch and threatening to whoop his *** to wich slowvette had no bebutal.

He has gained a reputation not far from rangers in the world of internet street raceing based on lies.

The term intake only z06 carries a lot of weight when he post a video of himself beating 135 mph plus cars or hanging with them in a car that would really run a mid 120 quarter with jusr air intake.

But to be truthful and say air intake plus tune plus ported manifold plus cheater cam or sneaky 25 sht would make it just another z06 video.

Akin to ranger running a 10.9 with intake tune and ported manifold it would still be kool but not even remotely close to the bone stock 10.9 and we wouldnt even know who Ranger is.

At first I respected the bit of secrecy but as time went on its just damn wrong to post videos and say intake only and have people belieave they can spend 35k on a 06z06 and add an intake and give a zr1 modded 08 viper ect a good run

Think im gonna add a 50 shot to mine and create a new youtube account and race a bunch of cars as intake only viper. Ill be at 550 rwhp but what does that matter. Intake only yo!
I hear what you are getting, and actually ranger has gone 10.74 at 129.50( jamie furman has trapped 130.05) in a bone stock z06 just on a drag radial. Ranger is one hell of a driver and there are they very few people who can do that. But ranger has proven that a bone stock z06 with the right driver can go just shy of 130. If ranger were ever to get an intake and a tune, pick up 30ish more whp can he possibly trap low-mid 130's. Yes its safe to assume so. It is safe to assume that only a hand few of drivers can also reproduce this? Yes. Is slow vette one of these guys who can drive like a ****? Maybe.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:06 AM
On The Tree

Its a big deal to you, not because of Ranger, but because you have no life. face it, you are another hater!!! which is pathetic because at the end of the day i just have a intake/tune Z06..LOL. i've had my hood open all the time out there so people can look, and they find nothing, you know why? because i have no spray..LOL

for the record that dumb **** is only an internet keyboard warrior!!! LOL

so just....
Old 10-03-2011, 12:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by redctsv
I hear what you are getting, and actually ranger has gone 10.74 at 129.50( jamie furman has trapped 130.05) in a bone stock z06 just on a drag radial. Ranger is one hell of a driver and there are they very few people who can do that. But ranger has proven that a bone stock z06 with the right driver can go just shy of 130. If ranger were ever to get an intake and a tune, pick up 30ish more whp can he possibly trap low-mid 130's. Yes its safe to assume so. It is safe to assume that only a hand few of drivers can also reproduce this? Yes. Is slow vette one of these guys who can drive like a ****? Maybe.
he will never listen to you man, killemill is a lost cause!!! he is just another magazine racer and will always go by what the magazine says...LOL
Old 10-03-2011, 08:04 AM
Launching!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpqwW..._order&list=UL
slowvette intake only vs z06 catback only. Barely edges out the maybe 465 rwhp z06 (?oneL yaJ?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuLZJtyg4-c
now slowvette can run with a modded 2008 viper at 650 rwhp?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMsiY...eature=related
ok this one seems half way belieaveable? Slowvette changing his ways?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_4O3PRePZQ
NOPE because he decimates this well driven kennebell cobra !

come on man..your car just goes from 4xx z06 to 5xx z06 like a girl changes moods

Last edited by Killemall; 10-03-2011 at 08:17 AM.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Teching In

I was in atleast one of the cars for all of those races, SlowVette is NOT on spray.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Teching In

Btw the KB Cobra is on here (pastelaso4u), even he will tell you the Cobra was having issues that day.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:00 AM
Launching!

01 fivenine rt. you are a straight up guy and I will take your word for it
Old 10-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Teching In

Thanks. He was on a big shot back in the day but like he said, he has never sprayed the new motor. Thats why earlier in the thread the Camaro owner from the video u posted (which is the same camaro as the thread is about, except he was on a 150 vs SlowVette) said "get the vette back on bottle so we can run!"... Also the car is technically intake/tune only, you just need to think outside of the box on that one. He did dyno UNDER 500whp btw. The car runs as it should but remember Tito has owned the car for a few years now and raced it hundreds of times (I'm sure u have seen a lot of videos, and that's not even half his runs), ao he can drive the car pretty damn good.

BTW, u are very creative with your videos! My friends from Nagtroc were showing me some of your videos the other day and we were laughing our asses off at the editing lol.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Staging Lane

So H/C and spray LS1's trap 140mph??
Old 10-03-2011, 09:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 01 FiveNine RT

BTW, u are very creative with your videos! My friends from Nagtroc were showing me some of your videos the other day and we were laughing our asses off at the editing lol.
Did you see the one where Killmall edited a video where he claims to beat a 600rwhp GTR? It shows him getting the hit on the GTR then quickly edits out the rest of the footage. The video was posted on here but the genius forgot that the original video of full race shows him getting reeled in and passed like he's standing still.

Talk about reputation on the internet street racing scene lol.

Someone should link up that funny old thread
Old 10-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Launching!

Ill recap it for you..

My 470 rwhp vs 750 awhp gtr =50 roll gtr pulls 4 cars over and over again

My 470 rwhp vs 650 awhp gtr=50 roll gtr pulls 2 cars ovrr and over again

My 470 rwhp vs 600 awhp gtr=50 roll gtr pulls 1.5 cars twice

My 470 rwhp vs 600 awhp gtr=70 roll viper pulls a car

My 470 rwhp vs 650 awhp gtr=70 roll viper pulls half a car

My 500 rwhp vs 520 awhp gtr=50 roll gtr pulls half a car

My 500 rwhp vs 420 awhp stock gtr=60 roll viper pulls 3 cars

My 500 rwhp vs 420 awhp stock gtr=30 roll vipers ulls half a car tbe first run and one length the second run

I have ran one white gtr on race at 750 awhp and pump at 650 awhp and 3 differant silver gtrs. Stock at 420 and intake tune down pipe at 520 and every mod minus upgraded turbos ar 600.

So I have a lot of vids with cars that look similar but are differant
Old 10-04-2011, 07:07 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GotHemi?
So H/C and spray LS1's trap 140mph??
i own the h/c+spray camaro. the gtr i ran has gone 10.2x@136 and i walked away pretty good up top so its def. mid-upper 130's.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Wow, did he take your lunch money or something?

Even if he is lying (not saying he is), who doesnt like a sleeper? Get over it.

To the OP, thanks for the vids!
Old 10-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Teching In

Lol yea we did notice all the videos get cut after the other car starts pulling, then jumps to another view but a few second back so it looks like they haven't pulled yet lol. Still some creative editing though
Old 10-04-2011, 12:46 PM
9 Second Club

silly corvette owners hiding there mods!! lol
Old 10-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Slow Vette
I understand the ZR1 owner said he wasnt used to the shifter, but if you see in the race, he wasnt pulling me when we were in our powerband!!
Just to clear up I lost because I did not do my part to drive the car hard. I granny shifted to get the gears in. I gave you a race because you want to see what you do with a ZR1. I told you let me put in my short throw because I knew I was going to be missing with the stock shifter and you told me "why are you going to do that to a intake & tune Z06".

I ran a GT 500 and your Z06 twice before the video & missed 3rd all three races and missed 5th on the video.

When we ran on the hwy I missed 3rd and you pulled 3+ cars and I still pulled up to you rear bumper. Thats where I noticed there not in the same powerband. I was heat soaked by the thrid race and I knew it and felt it but gave you your races for the hell of it.

I don't care to run my car stock. I got it to mod it and run it modded. But if you like I will put my short throw in it and race you with the car cooled down so you can have a better idea where you stand with a ZR1. Or we can take the cars to a dyno the same day to see what numbers they make.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:53 PM
Teching In

Welcome Gio, now it's a party! Lol
Old 10-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Teching In

Don't forget me cody!!

Quick Reply: Z28 vs GTR + ZR1 vs Z06