Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2011 5.0 vs LS1 Z28 vs P1SC 2v GT *video*

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011 | 04:24 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by whatsnext
I agree it would have been a much closer race but i don't think the pull was stopped maybe slowed to a crawl but not stopped.
Then it would've been a driver race between that 5.0 and a m6 ls1....'cause a m6 ls1 will outrun a auto from a roll.
Old 09-30-2011 | 04:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Nice vids... However saying a stock 5.0> full bolt on ls1 is ignorant. The auto on the camaro took quite a while to downshift and get up into its powerband have it hold 2nd gear or put a stall in it and it would have been MUCH closer.

Also I'm pretty sure everyone here knows what happens when an equally powerful m6 ls1 races a stock stallled auto ls1... The auto gets raped, an m6 camaro against the 5.0 would have been one hell of a race and I say a slight edge to the ls1.

If you wanted to make the race a little more fair atleast make the 5.0 in that video an auto lol that way the downshift times would be similar.

By watching that video and saying stock 5.0> a4 or m6 bolt on ls1 is the joke of the year... the m6 would level the shifting capabilities of the m6 5.0 and a simple stall change would help level the A6 tranny in the 5.0 to the a4 in the camaro
Old 09-30-2011 | 05:03 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
What is it with dumbass auto guys not selecting the proper gear to start in? It's pretty clear that's where the '11 5.0 won. If you guys can't see that, you oughta trade your cars for a hybrid.
To be fair, he doesn't drive it much since it's his mom's car. His 96SS is down for an LS swap, so he just took it out so he could have some fun.

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Did the 2V reel him in on that last race? Hard to tell.
Yes he did, right around/a bit over 100mph.

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
EDIT: WSsick, wish you still had your Z. I would've like to see that race. Your car was a strong one like mine.
Tell me about it, I think I would have edged it out. I only saw 1 5.0 when I still had the car...auto vert old woman driving.

Originally Posted by assasinator
racing a stock 5.0 should be a win for the LS car. if there was no way to tune a 2011GT i would never buy one. i hate the stock program that bad.
I would think so as well, for a 6 speed or stalled auto anyways. Similar power, little less weight on the LS car, and if gears are in there for a 6 speed, that definitely helps.

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Then it would've been a driver race between that 5.0 and a m6 ls1....'cause a m6 ls1 will outrun a auto from a roll.

Me (when I only trapped 108) vs a WS6 with the same mods as the Camaro in this video, from a 25 roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WDBqzWiABQ

6 speed > non-stalled auto
Old 10-01-2011 | 09:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Unreal
New 5.0s are no joke. Picked mine up Wednesday night.

i must congratulate you on your good taste in color. red candy FTW.
Old 10-01-2011 | 10:51 AM
TECH Regular

would have been nice to see a dig run also
Old 10-01-2011 | 12:10 PM
Staging Lane

I dont get this whole mystique that the new 5.0s have been getting? i must say I have heard/seen so many things about them from being overhyped to the real deal. Losing to stock f-bodys to beating cam'd ones? Are they difficult to drive or something? I must say it got me really interested to run one. When i was bone stock at the track on hot humid day with almost 3000ft DA I was running high 11.8-12.1 @ 119-121. there was a new 5.0 auto running low 13's at 107-108(this is what my buddy who is a huge mustang fan said). I lined up once with it and destroyed it. when i was stock i came across 3 on the street one had intake,exhaust,tune( saw him later at at a meet) and 2 stock ones. Each one backed down when i tired to run em. I whould still like to run one.
Old 10-01-2011 | 01:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redctsv
I dont get this whole mystique that the new 5.0s have been getting? i must say I have heard/seen so many things about them from being overhyped to the real deal. Losing to stock f-bodys to beating cam'd ones? Are they difficult to drive or something? I must say it got me really interested to run one. When i was bone stock at the track on hot humid day with almost 3000ft DA I was running high 11.8-12.1 @ 119-121. there was a new 5.0 auto running low 13's at 107-108(this is what my buddy who is a huge mustang fan said). I lined up once with it and destroyed it. when i was stock i came across 3 on the street one had intake,exhaust,tune( saw him later at at a meet) and 2 stock ones. Each one backed down when i tired to run em. I whould still like to run one.

its easy to sit on a high horse with a 70k car and say,"that car is hype". well your Z is an easy kill for thousands of street car with less money in them. theer are other folks out there with more boost, more cubic inches, and less weight than you EVO. how does an evo do against a big boost V8 with slicks at the track? how many people in this forum run 7's in the 1/4? compare a 70k car like your cool.

my favorite past time before i pulled the turbo motor out was hunting your mighty Z's.

EASY KILL. A JOKE.
Old 10-01-2011 | 02:06 PM
12 Second Club

its easy to sit on a high horse with a 70k car and say,"that car is hype". well your Z is an easy kill for thousands of street car with less money in them. theer are other folks out there with more boost, more cubic inches, and less weight than you EVO. how does an evo do against a big boost V8 with slicks at the track? how many people in this forum run 7's in the 1/4? compare a 70k car like your cool.

my favorite past time before i pulled the turbo motor out was hunting your mighty Z's.

EASY KILL. A JOKE.
You got wayyy too butthurt over his post, he didn't say "those are slow piles" or 'my $70k car is soo badass" or anything along those lines.
Old 10-01-2011 | 02:29 PM
Staging Lane

EASY KILL. A JOKE.
Butt hurt are we? what happened did a z06 just recently bitch slap you 5.0 or something? What in my last post lead you to believe that im sitting on a high horse? I just double checked my last post and cant find where I put "HA HA HA your pos mustang has nothing on my 70k car that can never lose HA HA HA!!!!!!" Do i feel that the new 5.0s are being over hyped in terms of how fast they are? yes i do and there have been tons of vids here to prove my point! Do your fellow 5.0 guys come out of the wood work to come up with every excuse why the 5.0 lost? Yes they do and your proving that point very well! yeah i know there is always something faster that can be done for a lot cheaper. hell just look at my sign pic and the red one next to my z is a lot faster. just like your cry baby rant , my evo proves the same point. Yeah its fast and has whooped on a lot **** with with more cubes and forced induction. so my evo can whoop the crap out of exotics, but it still isnt one! So my car new cost 70k whats your point?
Do I really care if gave you a hard on because you turbo mustang can beat as you put it " my Mighty Z"? No, but i do find it a bit disturbing! Also what does my evo lining up with big boost v8s on slicks at the track have to do with anything? now you seem really desperate to find any way to try and insult me!Put that thing on a road course again an evo or a z06 and then have someting to brag about! If I didnt know any better I would swear your are the epitome of civic driving ricer!
Old 10-01-2011 | 02:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by WSsick
You got wayyy too butthurt over his post, he didn't say "those are slow piles" or 'my $70k car is soo badass" or anything along those lines.
Can i get a hot tub! I like how he was response to defend the new 5.0 was that his turbo mustang can beat my z06 but does does not mention one thing about the new 5.0 in his sign doing the same!

Oh yeah well my buddies dads outlaw car that runs 6's will beat your turbo mustang!......See what im getting at?
Old 10-01-2011 | 02:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WSsick

I think he was trying to say his post was very condescending.
Old 10-01-2011 | 03:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Can i get a hot tub! I like how he was response to defend the new 5.0 was that his turbo mustang can beat my z06 but does does not mention one thing about the new 5.0 in his sign doing the same!

Oh yeah well my buddies dads outlaw car that runs 6's will beat your turbo mustang!......See what im getting at?
im not defending the 5.0. it is what it is. a mid-high 12 second car in good conditions with a good driver.

and your Z is a low 11 second car in good conditions with a good driver.

it's the "im on a silverplated house on top of the hill and my Z kills lesser cars" attitude. of course your 7 liter, factory cnc headed, Z will kill a 5 liter car. but not much else in its category. the Z07 is updated, but still falling behind and is becoming more irrelavent as a few years pass.

i make the same responses to anyone with that attitude no matter what they drive.
Old 10-01-2011 | 03:43 PM
10 Second Club

I know some EVo's and Mustangs that would rape both your Z and yoru EVo. So what. Your Z should be faster the a stock mustang. BUt Guess that sucks for the ones I beat at the track when I was stock and so was they. When they ran mid 12's and I ran low 12's. Both us stock.
Old 10-01-2011 | 03:55 PM
Teching In

That race went exactly how I knew it would because the Z28 driver left it in D instead of choosing the gear. The Z28 may not have won but It would have been ALOT closer. And any LS1 owner that spends time at the 1/4 in the real world will know that a well driven stock M6 LS1 can run with a 5.0 but the 5.0 should pull about half a car. Do a few simple mods to the LS1 and you close the gap quick. It all comes down to the driver.
Old 10-01-2011 | 03:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by redbird555
Nice vids... However saying a stock 5.0> full bolt on ls1 is ignorant. The auto on the camaro took quite a while to downshift and get up into its powerband have it hold 2nd gear or put a stall in it and it would have been MUCH closer.

Also I'm pretty sure everyone here knows what happens when an equally powerful m6 ls1 races a stock stallled auto ls1... The auto gets raped, an m6 camaro against the 5.0 would have been one hell of a race and I say a slight edge to the ls1.

If you wanted to make the race a little more fair atleast make the 5.0 in that video an auto lol that way the downshift times would be similar.

By watching that video and saying stock 5.0> a4 or m6 bolt on ls1 is the joke of the year... the m6 would level the shifting capabilities of the m6 5.0 and a simple stall change would help level the A6 tranny in the 5.0 to the a4 in the camaro
You couldn't have said it better. If that were a m6 car with those mods I would expect it to win if not pull even.
Old 10-01-2011 | 03:58 PM
Teching In

So selecting the "Right" gear in the auto would have made up about 4-6 cars (and pulling) the 5.0 had? They should do the same race with the Ls1 selecting the "right" gear. That way if the outcome stays the same, no excuses. Or if it does change, we can all see the difference of selecting the right gear versus the "d" mode.
Old 10-01-2011 | 04:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Red_GHost
So selecting the "Right" gear in the auto would have made up about 4-6 cars (and pulling) the 5.0 had? They should do the same race with the Ls1 selecting the "right" gear. That way if the outcome stays the same, no excuses. Or if it does change, we can all see the difference of selecting the right gear versus the "d" mode.
Since I have owned a WS6 with basically the same mods but just a few more I say yes. I raced a stock FRC that put 2-3 cars on me when I left it in D. Once I selected the gear I beat him by half a car. Same thing with my friends bolt on LS2 GTO he would beat me every time I left it in D but when I selected the gear we ran dead even.
Old 10-01-2011 | 04:22 PM
Teching In

I use to hang out some buddies of mine years ago, who all drove Ls1's. All were very few bolt ons, but were all running at least a 100shot. But even the Intake/Exhaust (off the juice of course) SS m6 guys, couldnt beat the Stock WS6 m6 that was there friends car. Go figure lol
Old 10-01-2011 | 04:35 PM
Staging Lane

im not defending the 5.0. it is what it is. a mid-high 12 second car in good conditions with a good driver.

and your Z is a low 11 second car in good conditions with a good driver.

it's the "im on a silverplated house on top of the hill and my Z kills lesser cars" attitude. of course your 7 liter, factory cnc headed, Z will kill a 5 liter car. but not much else in its category. the Z07 is updated, but still falling behind and is becoming more irrelavent as a few years pass.

i make the same responses to anyone with that attitude no matter what they drive.
Bullshit! when did i come out with my sliver plate attitude. when i did i say arrogant **** like my car is superior. Those 5.0s are all over the place performance wise, losing from a roll( just to elminate most of the driver error i wont bring up going from a dig) to stock f-bodies to beating even up to cam'd ones. If thats me coming off as arrogant then sorry to insult your princess!
What about the boss mustang? that thing is barely faster that the regular 5.0 and comes with cnc heads etc. Yeah the z06 is starting to fall behind, thats what happens at the end of a model run. when it first came out it was destroying everything.

Last edited by redctsv; 10-01-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-01-2011 | 04:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
I know some EVo's and Mustangs that would rape both your Z and yoru EVo. So what. Your Z should be faster the a stock mustang. BUt Guess that sucks for the ones I beat at the track when I was stock and so was they. When they ran mid 12's and I ran low 12's. Both us stock.
The first half of your response is a typical ricer excuse. I could careless what the peoples car you know can do(just to rub it in so do I)! What does that prove that someone is faster that me. Oh no the world is going to end for me now! At lest assassin is bragging about HIS turbo mustang being faster that my cars. My evo should be knocking on 9's door. I went 10.59 at 133 100whp ago. and my vette has gone 11.17 at 127 with best mph of 128.2. So you beat some Z's at the track should i go into a bitch fit like you evertime you hear a 5.0 lose. So they cant drive thier Z worth a damn! I could really careless, as long as its me who cant drive worth a damn. the question is what will YOUR 5.0 mustang due against my cars right now! And dont come at me with oh my car is going to be getting blah blah blah, because all i need to say is that my z will be a heads cam nitrous and my evo will be getting an fp 3586 etc. Will saying what im going to get make me faster right now? **** NO! as i recall with your current mods you went what 11.80's at 118 followed by so many excuses as to why you went that slow.