Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2011 5.0 vs LS1 Z28 vs P1SC 2v GT *video*

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011 | 04:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by redctsv
The first half of your response is a typical ricer excuse. I could careless what the peoples car you know can do(just to rub it in so do I)! What does that prove that someone is faster that me. Oh no the world is going to end for me now! At lest assassin is bragging about HIS turbo mustang being faster that my cars. My evo should be knocking on 9's door. I went 10.59 at 133 100whp ago. and my vette has gone 11.17 at 127 with best mph of 128.2. So you beat some Z's at the track should i go into a bitch fit like you evertime you hear a 5.0 lose. So they cant drive thier Z worth a damn! I could really careless, as long as its me who cant drive worth a damn. the question is what will YOUR 5.0 mustang due against my cars right now! And dont come at me with oh my car is going to be getting blah blah blah, because all i need to say is that my z will be a heads cam nitrous and my evo will be getting an fp 3586 etc. Will saying what im going to get make me faster right now? **** NO! as i recall with your current mods you went what 11.80's at 118 followed by so many excuses as to why you went that slow.
i think everybody just got butt hurt when you mentioned your stock z06 whooping a stock 5.0 lol. sure sounds like riding a high horse to me
Old 10-01-2011 | 05:12 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

When the 5.0 first came out the ford guys were trying to compare it to a ls7.....I lurked on their forums and seen it......looks like they were very wrong.
Old 10-01-2011 | 06:39 PM
Teching In

The first half of your response is a typical ricer excuse. I could careless what the peoples car you know can do(just to rub it in so do I)! What does that prove that someone is faster that me. Oh no the world is going to end for me now! At lest assassin is bragging about HIS turbo mustang being faster that my cars. My evo should be knocking on 9's door. I went 10.59 at 133 100whp ago. and my vette has gone 11.17 at 127 with best mph of 128.2. So you beat some Z's at the track should i go into a bitch fit like you evertime you hear a 5.0 lose. So they cant drive thier Z worth a damn! I could really careless, as long as its me who cant drive worth a damn. the question is what will YOUR 5.0 mustang due against my cars right now! And dont come at me with oh my car is going to be getting blah blah blah, because all i need to say is that my z will be a heads cam nitrous and my evo will be getting an fp 3586 etc. Will saying what im going to get make me faster right now? **** NO! as i recall with your current mods you went what 11.80's at 118 followed by so many excuses as to why you went that slow.
Notice How ohimahoeborn80 says he knows cars that will beat yours but not his own like he always says to everyone else with slower cars LOL. Cant talk all big and bad now with faster cars can you ohio

Last edited by NiteRiderWS6; 10-01-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-01-2011 | 06:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
When the 5.0 first came out the ford guys were trying to compare it to a ls7.....I lurked on their forums and seen it......looks like they were very wrong.
I did to on SVTPerformance. They swore it was better then the LS3 C6 and the LS7. But now they are getting beat by a 6.4L 4100lb tank Challenger
Old 10-01-2011 | 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
He raced an automatic from a roll, I own both and the m6 is the "faster" car. I guess all the coyotes I ran into are duds,even the modded ones. Who wants to buy a car that the dud ratio is 75 to 1!?

Edit: I demand a dig race!!
M6 is certainly the faster car, but not always the quickest! From what I've seen the 3.23 autos wipe the floor at the track but whatever. Here we live in la la land.
Originally Posted by whatsnext
That is an ignorant statement about the dud ratio, and i agree a dig race would have been nice to see also.
Ignorant? Pot meet kettle.
Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
Not needed,The average joe like me will do...
Now you sound so much better. Weak sauce sarcasm coupled with a distinct lack in backbone and skill. It's the ******' street where vipers get ripped on by civics dude. Wtf?
Old 10-01-2011 | 06:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
Notice How ohimahoeborn80 says he knows cars that will beat yours but not his own like he always says to everyone else with slower cars LOL. Cant talk all big and bad now with faster cars can you ohio
Old 10-01-2011 | 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^It's Ohio, what do you want?

Old 10-01-2011 | 08:50 PM
10 Second Club

My car will beat yours that is all that matters. When it was stock and now.

I don't know what he runs. But a Stock Z at the track I think I would take. On the highway he would pull me.
Old 10-01-2011 | 08:53 PM
10 Second Club

I did to on SVTPerformance. They swore it was better then the LS3 C6 and the LS7. But now they are getting beat by a 6.4L 4100lb tank Challenger
Haven't had no challenger beat me yet. In my mustang or my old G8. There all just to slow.

Nor any slow *** chargers on 22" rims or any charger for that fact.
Old 10-01-2011 | 09:03 PM
10 Second Club

My car just went 11.4@119. After some more dialing in the tune and with still 80* and 1500 DA. And right now it isn't going to win nothing being the tranny just came out at 12 today. And the cams are out at 4.

And excuse's. It was 94 degrees when I went 11.80. That is a big difference then when when every one else runs in 50-70 degree weather. What was teh DA and weather when you ran your times in your cars?

I will run both your cars at the tack. Don't matter to me. If I lose then what? You have a 70k car that should beat a mustang right? And a highly modded Evo that should right?

Also the Boss has went 11.7 stock. It is about .5 faster then the best 5.0. Which is good being the Boss was never met for drag racing. It was met for the road courses.
Old 10-01-2011 | 09:06 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I think that is kinda stupid.

I did have same argument on modularfords. Guys said well the 5.0 is a better car for the money then the Z06. Simply cause they have supercharged it and went low to high 10s for less then 40k. And they would not have been able to buy a Z for that. I explained the Z is more then a drag car though. But that was all they cared about.
Old 10-01-2011 | 09:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
My car just went 11.4@119. After some more dialing in the tune and with still 80* and 1500 DA. And right now it isn't going to win nothing being the tranny just came out at 12 today. And the cams are out at 4.

And excuse's. It was 94 degrees when I went 11.80. That is a big difference then when when every one else runs in 50-70 degree weather. What was teh DA and weather when you ran your times in your cars?

I will run both your cars at the tack. Don't matter to me. If I lose then what? You have a 70k car that should beat a mustang right? And a highly modded Evo that should right?

Also the Boss has went 11.7 stock. It is about .5 faster then the best 5.0. Which is good being the Boss was never met for drag racing. It was met for the road courses.
The z06 was meant for the road coarse too. DA with the evo dont know it was over 2 years ago. the the day i ran my best time in the z06 DA was around 1200 ft. I can give a few excused why it only went 11.1 and why i should have gone faster, but whats the point. Thats the fastest i could get it to go. I went 11.68 bone stock with a 1.68 60ft on 275/40/17 m/t et street. It was 90* and humid DA was about 3000ft, the stock tune was pulling timing like a ****, the stock tune on a z06 starts to pull timing with ait temps of 86*. The next time i went to the track bonestock with just a drag radial it was 70 degrees with a best crappy 60ft of 1.89 i went 11.61 at 123. big difference in mpg and my e.t time should have been much quicker but thats the best i could get it go on that day.

If we do ever run ( highly doubt it, unless you want to drive up to chicago), i like how you are making excuses already about me having a 70k car, highly modded evo etc. once things become modded its a whole different game. Hell i can pick up a 1g dsm and make it fast as **** for less that 10k(including the price of the car) and have it beat up on your 30k car. See what im getting at. The whole Your car got beat by a less expensive car is stupid. If I do win or lose who cares. Will i be a bit pissed that i lost yeah, lose sleep over it, no.

Last edited by redctsv; 10-01-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Old 10-01-2011 | 09:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by oddwraith
M6 is certainly the faster car, but not always the quickest! From what I've seen the 3.23 autos wipe the floor at the track but whatever. Here we live in la la land.

Ignorant? Pot meet kettle.
Now you sound so much better. Weak sauce sarcasm coupled with a distinct lack in backbone and skill. It's the ******' street where vipers get ripped on by civics dude. Wtf?
How is saying there i a 75 to 1 dud ratio not ignorant, please explain? And i think it is funny how some people are trying to change the race in hopes to change the outcome.
Old 10-01-2011 | 10:35 PM
Staging Lane

Ohio you really need to tone it down because I think alot of people are getting sick of your talk. Well my 5.0 does 11s... Well my 5.0 didn't run hot cause it was too hot out... Well my 5.0 can beat anything with an LS motor no matter what it has done to it... Well will you just shut up already?? We know that your 5.0 is the fastest mustang in America if not the world. We get it.. just my 2 cents after reading all these threads. no hard feelings

Last edited by bandit1transam01; 10-01-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old 10-01-2011 | 11:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bandit1transam01
Ohio you really need to tone it down because I think alot of people are getting sick of your talk. Well my 5.0 does 11s... Well my 5.0 didn't run hot cause it was too hot out... Well my 5.0 can beat anything with an LS motor no matter what it has done to it... Well will you just shut up already?? We know that your 5.0 is the fastest mustang in America if not the world. We get it.. just my 2 cents after reading all these threads. no hard feelings
Thank you!!!!! Hes bragging about running times that Cam only LS1's have been running since I was a young kid watching this commercial LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTkDMPJRiKs

Last edited by NiteRiderWS6; 10-01-2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old 10-01-2011 | 11:06 PM
Teching In

Haven't had no challenger beat me yet. In my mustang or my old G8. There all just to slow.

Nor any slow *** chargers on 22" rims or any charger for that fact.
Tell that to the stock 5.0's that see my taillights at the drag strip.

6-Speed, LT's, CAI, Dyno Tune, 3.73's, Boss 302 Intake, and DR's and it could barley shake the 4000lb boat with 22's and $400 worth of mods
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebw4YPxgO7o

The 07 GT500 fell victim
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsqacI4KhJY

Guess if im so slow then the 5.0 is to right
Old 10-02-2011 | 12:31 AM
Staging Lane

hahaha I guess so. Maybe you should sell yours and get a 5.0 instead. Hear they're pretty quick
Old 10-02-2011 | 01:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wife's boss just bought a 02 WS6 with only 12,000 miles on it. He paid 11k for it. It is bone stock.
Find me a deal like that!
Originally Posted by assasinator
well your Z is an easy kill for thousands of street car with less money in them.
I hate it when people do this comparison. Its like all the Honda guys I know bragging how they can beat C5/C6's. Congrats, you still own a HONDA and are under it more than you are driving it (most times that is the case)
Old 10-02-2011 | 03:15 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bandit1transam01
hahaha I guess so. Maybe you should sell yours and get a 5.0 instead. Hear they're pretty quick
According to ohio the 5.0 is what keeps the United States moving today. I heard Obama was trading in his custom bullet proof cadillac for a 2011 5.0, no need for that when the 5.0 can out run a speeding bullet.

No matter how fast it is when I hear 5.0 this is exactly what comes to my mind
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUkD4CY7YAQ
Old 10-02-2011 | 07:56 AM
10 Second Club

The z06 was meant for the road coarse too. DA with the evo dont know it was over 2 years ago. the the day i ran my best time in the z06 DA was around 1200 ft. I can give a few excused why it only went 11.1 and why i should have gone faster, but whats the point. Thats the fastest i could get it to go. I went 11.68 bone stock with a 1.68 60ft on 275/40/17 m/t et street. It was 90* and humid DA was about 3000ft, the stock tune was pulling timing like a ****, the stock tune on a z06 starts to pull timing with ait temps of 86*. The next time i went to the track bonestock with just a drag radial it was 70 degrees with a best crappy 60ft of 1.89 i went 11.61 at 123. big difference in mpg and my e.t time should have been much quicker but thats the best i could get it go on that day.

If we do ever run ( highly doubt it, unless you want to drive up to chicago), i like how you are making excuses already about me having a 70k car, highly modded evo etc. once things become modded its a whole different game. Hell i can pick up a 1g dsm and make it fast as **** for less that 10k(including the price of the car) and have it beat up on your 30k car. See what im getting at. The whole Your car got beat by a less expensive car is stupid. If I do win or lose who cares. Will i be a bit pissed that i lost yeah, lose sleep over it, no.
I don't get mad I lose either. And the DSM is true. Buddy has one just went 10.4@143 and has bout 11K in the whole car.

The times for the Z is what the Boss has did with tires. I went 12.1 with just tires in the 5.0. Which no one has beat yet for one. DO I compare it to a Z hell no. Now modded and against a Stock Z yeah I would. Still not on the highway though. As it is lighter would still pull me or should anyway.