Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My evo showing what up VIDEO*

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redctsv
Evos have 2 cams. Pretty much an AMS built 2.0 on a 37r turbo pushing 34-35 psi on E85. Put down 650whp. Im still contiplating on going with the new precision or FP turbo and going for 800+.
You're leaving a lot on the table if you're using an old school 37R compared to the new 67mm turbos. I have a DBB 6765 myself. It's laggy, but once the power comes on you better have a good grip.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

at forgot to spray :p
cant wait to see what u put down!
anything over 500ish and im screwed!

and yeah no more sleeper.
i heard that damn thing behin u with windows up on part throttle

pssssssshhhhhhhttttttttt.....and i was in a turbo car. wasnt mine i was hearing
Old 10-05-2011, 11:57 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by redctsv
Its cool i dont care. Im guessing on 93 oct you should be 600+whp. You should really look into getting an E85 map, Ive been using it for years and i love the stuff!
If he was asking about my car, my wastegate is a tial 38mm recirculated to the exhaust.
I'm hoping for a little bit more, but we will see. I guess if anything I have room to grow if I really need more power. Then again, this is my in town street car that will see the track here and there so I don't want to treat it like it's a track only car. I guess safety of a conservetive tune is ok, until I go meth or e85. I gotta pick up HP tuners and then I'll be up for tinkering with e85. 55gallon drum here I come!!
Old 10-05-2011, 12:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
You're leaving a lot on the table if you're using an old school 37R compared to the new 67mm turbos. I have a DBB 6765 myself. It's laggy, but once the power comes on you better have a good grip.
I know that the 37r is outdated now, but I baught the 1st 37r kit ams came out with back in 2006. Im on a .63 5 bolt hot side (which as far as i know cannot be swapped for an .82 hot side), so the price to upgrade just the turbo and the limited power gains is not worth if for me $ wise. Right now im contimplating on switching to a different turbo kit with an .82 hotside, but i have to get my trans issues dealt with 1st. Plus im at that point were i dont really feel like dumping more $ into the evo.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:50 PM
TECH Resident

Will, I make 55 gallon drums for a living so if you need one, just holler. Oh and I'm down for a bdubs meet. Although I won't have my **** done til next spring, I'll bring the G.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:31 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by hugger1975
at forgot to spray :p
cant wait to see what u put down!
anything over 500ish and im screwed!

and yeah no more sleeper.
i heard that damn thing behin u with windows up on part throttle

pssssssshhhhhhhttttttttt.....and i was in a turbo car. wasnt mine i was hearing
No worries, I'll have a low boost setting for you to work with.

BTW, spoke to Larry, it's going to be at least 2 weeks with the things I'm going to have done. Made some bozo no-no's with my build so they are going to tweak a couple things

Originally Posted by 1badWS6
Will, I make 55 gallon drums for a living so if you need one, just holler. Oh and I'm down for a bdubs meet. Although I won't have my **** done til next spring, I'll bring the G.
No ****, small world. Soooo, can you fasten some sort of pump to those things or do you just use an external cyphon?
Old 10-05-2011, 05:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by willizm

BTW, spoke to Larry, it's going to be at least 2 weeks with the things I'm going to have done. Made some bozo no-no's with my build so they are going to tweak a couple things
sweet!
causual setting FTW!

and booboos......for example? cough text cough
Old 10-05-2011, 05:42 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by hugger1975
sweet!
causual setting FTW!

and booboos......for example? cough text cough
[Tyson]My text is impetuous, My grammar is impregnable and I'm just fast and furious. I want to eat his cobalt!!! Praise be to LS1!! [/Tyson]

They are relocating my coils so the wires are safely out of the way, changing out some pcv line for higher temp stuff, extending the wastegate pipe, little odds and ends. Overall Larry did say the build was pretty good though. Just a couple of things to make it better.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:10 PM
11 Second Club

lol at tyson.......

and not to bad, u kinda figured that little stuff.
i didnt know u can move he coils, i gota see that when its done.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by willizm

No ****, small world. Soooo, can you fasten some sort of pump to those things or do you just use an external cyphon?

I'm not sure what it's called but I will take a picture of it tomorrow and show it to you. But what it is, is a manual hand pump and all you do is turn the handle and it pumps whatever you have in there out. It's hard to explain but you get the picture I hope lol. Keep me posted if you need one and I can get you 'em for cheap.