Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Slowvette mythbusted?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redctsv
If he does or he doesnt, its all about the hustle. Hell I used to tell people that would ask about my car that the reason my car is so loud and choopy is because i has bad exhaust leak and i really need to change the sparks plugs. You would not believe how much people would actually believe me!
/thread.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Teching In

Who cares if he's modded or not?
But I also agree, to just put in ur videos,
Mods-None of ur business! Lmao
Old 10-05-2011, 06:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Killemall
As posted on the gtrforum from someone who seems to know him....

Tito is the owner of that vette and its got intake,ported TB and manifold, no cats and tuned. But he gets off on tell people that he's got CAI and a tune, I guess he sleeps better at night trying to make people believe he's got the fastest CAI tune Zo6!lol He used to run spray over a year ago but popped the motor and doesn't run it anymore.

BTW.. Everyone down here says his intake was touch by jesus lol, and no one but him self believes hes only got a cold air, tune

It was a good run. You had quite a few of us goin and belieavin for quite a while that you were intake only or the newly claimed intake and tune only.

Gotta admit that was pretty smart of you. People can search your engine bay all day and theirs noway they can tell you had a ported throttle body or ported manifold or had deleted your cats and added a tune.

All they would see was the cold air intake and thus he slowvette "air intake touched by God" myth was born... Lol. Of course you could have just come clean.

Gotta admit I almost hate knowing the truth as their was a part of me that wanted to belieave in a such thing as a intake only z06 that ran that damn hard.

Now that the truth is out their I gotta give props.

Intake
Tune
No cats
Ported manifold and ported throttle body

Thats all it took you to run with the zr1. No secret cam and no hidden nos. Just a good driver and mildly modified z06.

Thanks for the memories intake only slowvette

Dang bro,..I got a few x girlfriends that do this kind of digging.

You shouldn't be so naive bro,...people in the world, are more then likely going to lie to your face then be open and honest. It's rare to have someone tell you the truth these days. If something is to good to be true, it usually is. What Tito has done to his car is Hialeah stock.....if you don't know where Hialeah is, think cuba... Everyones car in SOFLA is stock...nobody advertises,...everyone is trying to be covert. It's all part of the game. The game thats been played for years, and will always be played. Tito gets a lot of races advertising what his car is, or isn't,...he plays the game, he picks and chooses his races, and thats how it's done. The moment you start advertising what you have in an honest fashion,..out comes the trailer cars and the chaos.

Calling someone out like this,...publicly, is like telling the cops were the guy smoking the joint is. He's harmless,..let em go.

and ..if you believed his car was "stock" all this time....then you(people)...just don't know any better.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Teching In

Wait, you're telling me that your car ran a 12.0??? I know a guy from bangledesh who has the EXACT same car that ran a 12.1! You're a ******* liar!!! You have at least a ported throttle body that you're hiding!!! LiaR!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 09:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Dang bro,..I got a few x girlfriends that do this kind of digging.

You shouldn't be so naive bro,...people in the world, are more then likely going to lie to your face then be open and honest. It's rare to have someone tell you the truth these days. If something is to good to be true, it usually is. What Tito has done to his car is Hialeah stock.....if you don't know where Hialeah is, think cuba... Everyones car in SOFLA is stock...nobody advertises,...everyone is trying to be covert. It's all part of the game. The game thats been played for years, and will always be played. Tito gets a lot of races advertising what his car is, or isn't,...he plays the game, he picks and chooses his races, and thats how it's done. The moment you start advertising what you have in an honest fashion,..out comes the trailer cars and the chaos.

Calling someone out like this,...publicly, is like telling the cops were the guy smoking the joint is. He's harmless,..let em go.

and ..if you believed his car was "stock" all this time....then you(people)...just don't know any better.
This lol to everyone who races me I just say my car is a bolt on ls1 car (the average joe doent know what to look for on an ls6 motor) then after they get beat by a car they should have beat hilarity on my end ensues. I dont blame the slowvette if he doesnt want to post his mods then who cares. If I go into a race I would fully expect the guy next to me to be hiding a 75shot or something so why would I tell him what all i have
Old 10-05-2011, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
Wait, you're telling me that your car ran a 12.0??? I know a guy from bangledesh who has the EXACT same car that ran a 12.1! You're a ******* liar!!! You have at least a ported throttle body that you're hiding!!! LiaR!!!
I was thinking small bottles of nitros hidden in the dash or something. Sorry couldn't help it lol
Old 10-05-2011, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZFreie
I was thinking small bottles of nitros hidden in the dash or something. Sorry couldn't help it lol
Or one big one in the shape of a seat.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:05 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wait wait wait, are we truly surprised that a guy with the screen name of "slowvette" is hustling people and downplaying his car?
Old 10-05-2011, 10:23 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Who really cares run what you brung....
Old 10-05-2011, 11:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dan03mach
Who really cares run what you brung....and hope you brought enough
fixed, if we all had yellow vipers we would always know we brought enough......well at least when we edit our videos it would look that way.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Staging Lane

If I still have a stock oil pan....I'm still stock right?
Old 10-07-2011, 12:55 AM
Teching In

Lol now the guys with stock motors and 100-150 shots are gonna be claiming they are stock, cuz the motor is stock! Lmao
Old 10-07-2011, 06:13 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Zosickness
If I still have a stock oil pan....I'm still stock right?
HAHA..DO I need to post pics of your car..

wnt2gofst
Old 10-07-2011, 06:16 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Red_GHost
Lol now the guys with stock motors and 100-150 shots are gonna be claiming they are stock, cuz the motor is stock! Lmao
HAHA..

I will claim I am just bolt ons after the cams. They idle smooth. If you didn't know I had them you wouldn't be able to tell. Here is one with stage 3 cams that just has a cold air tune cat back. Its also an auto. Oh it also has the worse tips ever..lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQxlJevcE9Q
Old 10-07-2011, 08:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

ugliest tips....and corniest license plate

Old 10-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
HAHA..DO I need to post pics of your car..

wnt2gofst
Ok, ok.....I am stock. Stock for a racecar....LOL
Old 10-07-2011, 01:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zosickness
Ok, ok.....I am stock. Stock for a racecar....LOL
Its only a race car if you run it on E85
Old 10-07-2011, 03:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm stock for now on also...just look at my sig!
Old 10-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Teching In

Those Ugly *** tips remind of what some guy use to do to hustle people. He would roll around in a Stock looking 97 Civic hatch Dx. With a Big SHOT. Single cam and all, guys would look at the car and say, u wanna run for money. He would pretend not to know anything about cars, few runs later his pockets were a lil deeper LOL. Mustang guy must want people to underestimate him also, or.... He's got horrible taste!
Old 10-07-2011, 06:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by redbird555
This lol to everyone who races me I just say my car is a bolt on ls1 car (the average joe doent know what to look for on an ls6 motor) then after they get beat by a car they should have beat hilarity on my end ensues. I dont blame the slowvette if he doesnt want to post his mods then who cares. If I go into a race I would fully expect the guy next to me to be hiding a 75shot or something so why would I tell him what all i have
Exactly.

Originally Posted by willizm
Wait wait wait, are we truly surprised that a guy with the screen name of "slowvette" is hustling people and downplaying his car?
...in a C6 Z06 of all weapons.

Originally Posted by dan03mach
Who really cares run what you brung....
Amen.