Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Guy at work w/2012' 5.0 3.73M challenging me

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 06:37 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

honest i think most of the 350z owners upgraded to a 5th gen because they all seem to act alike
Old 10-07-2011, 06:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
They used to go to the meet spot some times. Older women maybe late 40's. Last wife seen it she took the white stripes off and had black ones put on.
Think I know which one you're talking about. And have you seen the orange one with white stripes and mag wheels? Is it a v6 or v8? I saw it at heb the other day and when he started it up it sounded like a v8 but I didn't see the little vent on the bumper that the v8 have
Old 10-07-2011, 06:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by garner
Think I know which one you're talking about. And have you seen the orange one with white stripes and mag wheels? Is it a v6 or v8? I saw it at heb the other day and when he started it up it sounded like a v8 but I didn't see the little vent on the bumper that the v8 have
No SS badges? I haven't seen it. I know another orange one a kid drives, He is 19ish. Parents bought for hit. Cockiest dude I ever seen in one. Right before I bought my G8. They got it in at the dealer,. They called me so I could look at it. It was the 3rd one they got in. I was one leave from Iraq. SO I shoot over to look at it. Me and another guy. SO we are looking at it. Salesman shows us some stuff etc etc. It still has all the wrap and crap on it. Just came off teh truck. Like 5 min ago. Well while he showing us stuff kid shows up. Young punk kid. COmes over says get the **** away from my car. WHo you think you are. I ws polite at first. I said hey man he just showing us cause we might buy one. He gets rude. You don't look like can afford it. My parents just paid 40k for this. I went off. Slammed the door. Went to go at him. Teh sales man is a friend grabbed me. Todl me he wasn't worth it.

Anyway I ened up buying the G8. Having all my work done. COme in to see wife one day and same kid in there. Running hsi mouth. How fast it is blah blah. How he hasn't been beat in Killeen by nothing. I just laughed. Again he gets smart. Oh ya what you got. I just laugh and walk off. I here the salesman he don't want to race me. He comes over. Ask hey I hear your car is slow. I will beat you blah blah. I finally tell him ok catch me when I leave. He does. Needless to say he lost bad. When I stopped up the road at the red light at Stan Sluaghter he came up beside me and I just started laughing. Told him his **** was slow. Two days later he is at the dealer. Telling them how he won. I walk in. Wife told me. I called him out in front everyone. Told him not only did i smash his car he is lucky I don't break his face for being such a ride little *****. His parents and all this time since they was with him. His dad got pissed. Come to find out he had wrecked it twice already in 6 months racing. Then find out later when they gave it back he ended up wrecking it again.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:01 AM
Teching In

No SS badges? I haven't seen it. I know another orange one a kid drives, He is 19ish. Parents bought for hit. Cockiest dude I ever seen in one. Right before I bought my G8. They got it in at the dealer,. They called me so I could look at it. It was the 3rd one they got in. I was one leave from Iraq. SO I shoot over to look at it. Me and another guy. SO we are looking at it. Salesman shows us some stuff etc etc. It still has all the wrap and crap on it. Just came off teh truck. Like 5 min ago. Well while he showing us stuff kid shows up. Young punk kid. COmes over says get the **** away from my car. WHo you think you are. I ws polite at first. I said hey man he just showing us cause we might buy one. He gets rude. You don't look like can afford it. My parents just paid 40k for this. I went off. Slammed the door. Went to go at him. Teh sales man is a friend grabbed me. Todl me he wasn't worth it.

Anyway I ened up buying the G8. Having all my work done. COme in to see wife one day and same kid in there. Running hsi mouth. How fast it is blah blah. How he hasn't been beat in Killeen by nothing. I just laughed. Again he gets smart. Oh ya what you got. I just laugh and walk off. I here the salesman he don't want to race me. He comes over. Ask hey I hear your car is slow. I will beat you blah blah. I finally tell him ok catch me when I leave. He does. Needless to say he lost bad. When I stopped up the road at the red light at Stan Sluaghter he came up beside me and I just started laughing. Told him his **** was slow. Two days later he is at the dealer. Telling them how he won. I walk in. Wife told me. I called him out in front everyone. Told him not only did i smash his car he is lucky I don't break his face for being such a ride little *****. His parents and all this time since they was with him. His dad got pissed. Come to find out he had wrecked it twice already in 6 months racing. Then find out later when they gave it back he ended up wrecking it again.
I didn't see any. He's at TAD sometimes. Oh and about the orange camaro you were talking about earlier, I remember him. He used to always park with the camaros right across from the challengers which is where I parked with my dad back when it was at target. And wow that kid seems like a total dick. I wish you would've decked him when you had the chance. Can't believe some of the kids in this area. Now don't get me wrong I know not all of them are like this, two of my friends got brand new cars cause their dad owns action pawn and uncle owns automax but they're far from dicks and one of them was behind me when I totaled my mustang and he helped me and everything. I'm so glad I haven't let all my cars get to my head either(I'm 16). However there are some kids I know that like to brag and put down cars which just annoys me especially when they start bragging about my truck and putting down cars that I personally really like. It's like don't put down stuff when you haven't put the time and effort into building a car up and some of them don't even have cars lmao
Old 10-07-2011, 07:15 AM
10 Second Club

I didn't see any. He's at TAD sometimes. Oh and about the orange camaro you were talking about earlier, I remember him. He used to always park with the camaros right across from the challengers which is where I parked with my dad back when it was at target. And wow that kid seems like a total dick. I wish you would've decked him when you had the chance. Can't believe some of the kids in this area. Now don't get me wrong I know not all of them are like this, two of my friends got brand new cars cause their dad owns action pawn and uncle owns automax but they're far from dicks and one of them was behind me when I totaled my mustang and he helped me and everything. I'm so glad I haven't let all my cars get to my head either(I'm 16). However there are some kids I know that like to brag and put down cars which just annoys me especially when they start bragging about my truck and putting down cars that I personally really like. It's like don't put down stuff when you haven't put the time and effort into building a car up and some of them don't even have cars lmao
Ya there some rich little brats in Killeen...Oh girl got the First Camaro SS/RS in Killeen cause she graduated high school. He brother cried cause she got that and he was suppose to get her used Lexus IS300. That was 2 yrs old. His dad came in and bought him a Vette. My wife was telling me I was liek **** I need there parents.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Teching In

Ya there some rich little brats in Killeen...Oh girl got the First Camaro SS/RS in Killeen cause she graduated high school. He brother cried cause she got that and he was suppose to get her used Lexus IS300. That was 2 yrs old. His dad came in and bought him a Vette. My wife was telling me I was liek **** I need there parents.
Wow that's crazy! I swear money is just pouring into this area now. If you don't mind me asking, what does your wife do at the chevy dealer that she gets to hear all the gossip?
Old 10-07-2011, 07:22 AM
10 Second Club

Wow that's crazy! I swear money is just pouring into this area now. If you don't mind me asking, what does your wife do at the chevy dealer that she gets to hear all the gossip?
She works up front. Does credit apps and helps put finance deals together. Enters every one into auto base. Inputs cars into teh system. ETC TEC. SHe is the sales secretary really. But she does a bunch other crap. She just moved though. She moved to a better position. So she will not be able to get all the latest and greatest out front..HAHA

She been there for about 6yrs now. She turned down a few positions before. Now she decided to take one. It was great though. Her working there saved me like 12k on my new silverado when I bought it. Plus got employing pricing plus military discount on my G8.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:24 AM
Teching In

She works up front. Does credit apps and helps put finance deals together. Enters every one into auto base. Inputs cars into teh system. ETC TEC. SHe is the sales secretary really. But she does a bunch other crap. She just moved though. She moved to a better position. So she will not be able to get all the latest and greatest out front..HAHA
Haha she'll probably still find a way to get all the stories
Old 10-07-2011, 07:26 AM
10 Second Club

Haha she'll probably still find a way to get all the stories
Most likely..They all talk there. Its like a soap opera...LOL..EVery one hates everyone and talks smack about each other.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:32 AM
Teching In

Most likely..They all talk there. Its like a soap opera...LOL..EVery one hates everyone and talks smack about each other.
Welcome to the connell family of dealerships. I know little Ace Connell and he says that dodge country and freedom are sort of the same way
Old 10-07-2011, 07:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

I love the "Red October" nickname. I LOL'd
Old 10-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah there are a few people in my area like that ,one is a 50 year old guy ,with his so called 800 rwhp 99 cobra lol, one day i asked him to run he got so mad it was funny,he couldnt even spit out words and he got bright red, he asked how much hp i had lol, i told him 4 ish he said no way you will win, i said you had a pro shop build your car, this was built in my friends garage ,whats the worry. he stomped off all pissed, i saw him on the highway one day at a light , i crap you not he looked backed saw me and turned right, i was like wtf,some people just have issues i guess, there is always a faster car so i dont know why people get all bent out of shape,ohio the lady in the 5 th gen wins though for sure
Old 10-07-2011, 08:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Red October is in for a shocker. I don't want vid of the race I would rather have vid of the conversation after defeat.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

You should clobber the Mustang from a stop or roll easy
Old 10-07-2011, 09:33 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
yeah there are a few people in my area like that ,one is a 50 year old guy ,with his so called 800 rwhp 99 cobra lol, one day i asked him to run he got so mad it was funny,he couldnt even spit out words and he got bright red, he asked how much hp i had lol, i told him 4 ish he said no way you will win, i said you had a pro shop build your car, this was built in my friends garage ,whats the worry. he stomped off all pissed, i saw him on the highway one day at a light , i crap you not he looked backed saw me and turned right, i was like wtf,some people just have issues i guess, there is always a faster car so i dont know why people get all bent out of shape,ohio the lady in the 5 th gen wins though for sure
Oh before I bought the 5.0 I ran into a 5.0 convertible owner just as bad at the track. He had new plates on it. It was my first time seeing one. Walked over asked if I could check it out. He got all cocky. ya go ahead. Fastest thing here most likely. I just looked at him and laughed. He then asked what I was driving. Oh just that G8. Oh is that a V6. I replied yep 6.0L V6. Get beside me we find out if you are the fastest car here. (not saying I was) Just knew faster then his stock car. Anyway. We finally end up together. My first run of teh night. He has made 2-3 passes. All slow really. Mid 13's. SO we get up and I am in stage lane next to him. He revs his car. I laugh and let my beast rev. The look on his face was that look people get when the bit off more then they could chew. I was only running bolt ons and a 75 shot. Cut a 1.8 60ft spinning and ran a 12.1@117. He ran a 13.6@109 or so. I pulled over parked my car. He stops and ask what the **** is that thing again. Holy ****. HAHA. WHat was better I drove his car to a 13.2 that night..HAHA.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this race happen yet?
get it over with before you end up with a room full of 4th graders calling you a pansy.

(i'm sure some guy on here has a kid in your elementary school)
Old 10-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gregrob
It should be a rape if you can drive...
^^^ This times 10
Old 10-07-2011, 10:02 AM
On The Tree

Seriously post up about the race already... Lol @ the Pansy comment! Lol
Old 10-07-2011, 10:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
honest i think most of the 350z owners upgraded to a 5th gen because they all seem to act alike
Funny that you said that because a ex 350z not 360z owner I know went with the 5.slow. lol

Edit: Fixed for ya

Last edited by 99peweterls1; 10-07-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:07 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
Funny that you said that because a ex 360z owner I know went with the 5.0 lol.
Good thing he owned a 360Z not a 350/370Z.