Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My 571rwhp procharger T/A vs a gsxr600 *video*

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 03:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Good kill OP.

That poor GSXR 600 might run in the mid 12s with that big *** 250-300lb dude on it that couldn't ride worth a damn in the vid. Now a sub 200lb rider on that bike that actually knows how to race would be a good race for your car and make for one sweet vid.

Agreed. I don't know if he was chewing gun or if it was just the wind blowing on his helmetless chipmunk cheeks, but that dude was just sitting back and lounging.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't ride worth anything... Good kill though, daytime vids are always nice. I'd like to see you against a properly rode 600, would make for a nice did.

No helmet..... Literally.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for most of the comments guys. And don't argue on this post, u sound like children. As far as him not wearing a helmet, who cares, it's his choice and there is no helmet law in Indiana. Actually no one around here wears helmets, kinda weird. and he's not 300pbs lol, he's around 225.

But thanks again, the car is pretty impressive I think and a blast to drive. I love listening to the BOV. Sounds sick haha.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:38 AM
TECH Addict

Ya he may have not been fully into the race but it was still fun. I have another friend that has an 03 zx6r that's all done up. Makes 120rwhp, he wanta to run me. hopefully I can get him out this weekend. He's a good rider.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:39 AM
Staging Lane

Nice car and nice kill!Not your fault he's not the best rider and regarding the helmet,i'm sure everyone on this site does something the next guy doesn't think is smart or safe!Let's not ruin another thread with **** talking!lol
Old 10-26-2011, 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

He's a big guy and not nearly riding that bike to its full potential, but having fun is why we're all into this and if you did, that's what counts. The car looks like it moves out regardless.

On a related note, one of these weekends I'll be running my buddy's 600rwhp blown WS6, so we'll definitely have some videos for comparison. It will be good to show how a lighter, better rider would do against you (not patting myself on the back, just pointing out that it will make a huge difference).
Old 10-26-2011, 08:58 AM

Good kill, those are some great numbers you got! Is that on 6psi? Have you ever gotten it to the track? Also, +1 on the mint daytime videos.

Can someone make a thread without it turning into a slap fight? It's gotten played out.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:36 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Man you but hurt for no helmet. BUt yet you race on public streets...hmmm ya that is just as smart.

Good kill.

im just saying. he is almost the opitimy of a squid... things like that give sport bike riders a bad name, ESPECIALLY when you lose a race on an 08 600! lol.

and i race in ..."organized"... events with no one on the street, just like you would at a track minus the gaurdrails. anyways, when i ride, i dont ride like an idiot in and around traffic (not that this guy is.) but at least if im going to go fast im going to wear a damn helmet.. i dont give a **** about the guys head if he crashes... its just the point that cops and other civilians all look down on sport bike riders because of guys that do stuff like this.

oh and its the law in ontario so i have to wear it haha

if you were to post this video on gixxer.com (biggest gsxr forum) this guy would get *** raped in half for years. haha, they dont take too kindly to his kind round there, its almost ridiculous. But what the guy did was dumb lol
Old 10-26-2011, 09:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

OP Nice kill. I agree the rider wasnt the best, but most of us dont have cars that can even keep up with a poorly driven 600, nvm pull one lol T/As fast as crap.

Originally Posted by SSmokin99
Wow, with NO HELMET!!!
Yea, I was thinking that also lol I like my brain meats inside my skull.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
He's a big guy and not nearly riding that bike to its full potential, but having fun is why we're all into this and if you did, that's what counts. The car looks like it moves out regardless.

On a related note, one of these weekends I'll be running my buddy's 600rwhp blown WS6, so we'll definitely have some videos for comparison. It will be good to show how a lighter, better rider would do against you (not patting myself on the back, just pointing out that it will make a huge difference).
make sure u post a vid!

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Good kill, those are some great numbers you got! Is that on 6psi? Have you ever gotten it to the track? Also, +1 on the mint daytime videos.

Can someone make a thread without it turning into a slap fight? It's gotten played out.
thanks man, i was really surprised it made that much. i was expecting about 525ish... and yea, the map sensor was reading about 5.5-6psi. an no track times yet, im afriad of blowing out the *** end .

Originally Posted by ZFreie
OP Nice kill. I agree the rider wasnt the best, but most of us dont have cars that can even keep up with a poorly driven 600, nvm pull one lol T/As fast as crap.

Yea, I was thinking that also lol I like my brain meats inside my skull.
thanks dude. its pretty quick, i love driving. itll waste my 315 nittos like im on ice if im not careful... depends on the temperature outside of course. 1st gear is completely useless, espcially with 4.10's, but its a freaking blast lol i have another friend whos a better rider gonna run me with his zx6r, should be a good race. i would of at least though that gsxr would of caught me.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:49 PM
11 Second Club

i dont much about bikes but if your over 230 you shouldnt be on a crotch rocket,a harley then yes,but give the guy a chance,and id rather stick to 3500lb car tho,fast t/a tho!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by giiventofly
screw racing without a helmet. and why is he using the clutch to shift a sequential transmission? I'm led to believe he cannot ride well, because those are 10 second bikes.
I had a 08 600, and it wouldn't let you shift without the clutch. Tried it, because that's what I've always done.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:41 PM
TECH Addict

he was shifting without the clutch. i dont think its in n e of these videos but he was after a few races
Old 10-26-2011, 04:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by allout06
he was shifting without the clutch. i dont think its in n e of these videos but he was after a few races
Still have to let out of the gas to shift them, I tried mine and a buddies bike. They were the same. Maybe it's just me though.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:25 PM
TECH Addict

ooo ya, hes letting off the throttle, just no clutch. never tried not letting off the throttle
Old 10-26-2011, 06:08 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by GregTSi
Still have to let out of the gas to shift them, I tried mine and a buddies bike. They were the same. Maybe it's just me though.

that is because not many bikes let you shift without letting off the throttle? theres too much tension on everything, especially at full throttle to be able to shift gears EASILY... technically you could slam it into gear as hard as you can try, but the dogs wont want to disengage.. and if they did, theyll start rounding off, and you can even end up in a false neutral.. but let off the throttle a tad, that tension is gone enough to slip a gear change and you dont have to worry about that... but stay off the throttle and while the engine is slowing the bike you cant change gears.... or you can just use the clutch that may take an extra .005 seconds depending on how slow you are and how **** your clutch is from clutch wheelies

Last edited by hendrixx; 10-26-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Drag racing a crotch rocket 101: use the clutch btw, there's no reason to let off the throttle, keep throttle 100% and snap the clutch when shifting gears. I don't know the exact shifting time, but its probably approximately .20 sec to shift each gear, well for me anyways. Not patting myself on the back, but that's how it's done. I speak from experience, I've been doing this for many years on multiple bikes.

They indeed can shift without using the clutch but the throttle needs to be let off. Shifting such way just isn't ideal when drag racing.

Last edited by R6cowboy; 10-26-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:25 PM
TECH Addict

thats how ive always done it. i had a 2006 zx10 and just blip the clutch at WOT, except from 1-2 and 2-3. it would stand on end WOT in those gears. thats when you ride it out for a mile
Old 10-26-2011, 08:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hendrixx
that is because not many bikes let you shift without letting off the throttle? theres too much tension on everything, especially at full throttle to be able to shift gears EASILY... technically you could slam it into gear as hard as you can try, but the dogs wont want to disengage.. and if they did, theyll start rounding off, and you can even end up in a false neutral.. but let off the throttle a tad, that tension is gone enough to slip a gear change and you dont have to worry about that... but stay off the throttle and while the engine is slowing the bike you cant change gears.... or you can just use the clutch that may take an extra .005 seconds depending on how slow you are and how **** your clutch is from clutch wheelies
I had a Triumph Daytona that loved full gas shifts, and a nitrous gsxr that did also. I'm not into wheelies or stunting, I'm a corner guy. Straight line isn't were the bikes shine either. :]

Nice kill either way, it's still a super-sport bike vs a heavy *** car.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good kill OP and ignore the nanny state helmet crybabies. People, its a street racing section. Hey op, did you make sure your seatbelt was on and your mirrors adjusted for that race? LMAO!