Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ls1 Z28 vs ls2 GTO VIDEO*

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 02:42 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice kill, but that was WAYYYY more than 1 car lol. More like 3 or 4 cars. I love that color on the F-bodys too.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Must be some hell of an allowance or your selling weed after school.
i would bet he is responsible for the payments, he speaks intelligently enough to know he isnt a typical dumbass......but, i bet car is in dads name. insurance would be rape on that car.

i remember my z bein as high as my payment when i was 20....lol
Old 11-03-2011, 10:38 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SlaytonZ28
Thanks to the people that weren't dicks. And yeah im 16 but i also pay every penny for the car, gas, and insurance every month.
This is the internet, people are going to be dicks. Grow some thicker skin, get over it, and quitcher bitchin. If you want us to take you seriously at your age, you're going to need to act much older than you are.

Originally Posted by hugger1975
gto needs juice mod.......
Which one? Juice as in nitrous or juice as in ju1ce? Not sure which way would be faster.

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Must be some hell of an allowance or your selling weed after school.
Or that car is a total pile of ****.

Originally Posted by hugger1975
i would bet he is responsible for the payments, he speaks intelligently enough to know he isnt a typical dumbass......but, i bet car is in dads name. insurance would be rape on that car.

i remember my z bein as high as my payment when i was 20....lol
Old 11-03-2011, 11:05 AM

Good kill! Don't worry about the knuckleheads in here. As far as I'm concerned everyone should be given the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise, no matter what their age is.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SlaytonZ28
My friend got an 05 GTO about a month ago and we have been talking about racing ever since. Today we happen to run into eachother so we decided to head out to an open road. My mods are free ram air and a lid, and his are true duals only (both auto). we also each had 1 passenger. The first race was from 30 and i had about 1.5 cars at 85 when we shut down because of a bend. The next race we went from a dig and i won by atleast a car. I was completely surprised i was expecting it to be the other way around. Oh yeah and im waiting on him to send me the video of the dig run because thats all he filmed and i'll post it up asap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbOMBi5nWdk
Haha, I'll race you in my 05 gto, you may not be able to hang (;
Old 11-03-2011, 01:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Did the guy in the GTO actually race you? As in he had his foot on gas pedal all the way down? Is he running on 225 snow tires?

The way you killed him makes it seem like you have a good 50+ rwhp on him.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:05 PM
Teching In

GTOSLO don't scare the boy. I don't think he would know what to do if you showed up.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick

Which one? Juice as in nitrous or juice as in ju1ce? Not sure which way would be faster.

same thing, no?

Originally Posted by redtan
Did the guy in the GTO actually race you? As in he had his foot on gas pedal all the way down? Is he running on 225 snow tires?

The way you killed him makes it seem like you have a good 50+ rwhp on him.
i finally watched the vid......WTF? that was a whuppin....
Old 11-03-2011, 03:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
The camaro has to have at least 70-80rwhp more then stock to pull like that on a LS2 GTO. Seriously.
wtf? really? the gto is giving up some big weight to the fbody, especially given the fact that the driver doesn't appear to weigh but 90lbs soaking wet holding a brick. gto has a passenger, too. that in itself is prob a 200lb (passenger only) weight advantge to the fbod. now give the gto another 150lbs for being fat. now simply face the fact that the fbod is just faster (for unknown reasons) than the gto - and now you have the *** whippin we just saw.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Teching In

Idk maybe its the auto. My buddies stock 05 GTO 6 speed is a solid 106-107 trap car which would easily be right next to an LS1 fbody.

Also be careful in that thing being 16 and all. Im sure everyone tells you but you dont understand how fast **** will go wrong until it happens the first time.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
something aint right with the GTO, or the camaro has a helluva lot more mods then listed. The camaro has to have at least 70-80rwhp more then stock to pull like that on a LS2 GTO. Seriously.
Are you sure? LS1 is 350HP, LS2 is 400HP.

Camaros weight 3,400-3,500
GTO's weight 3,700-3,800. That extra weight might be the deciding factor.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Camaros weight 3,400-3,500
GTO's weight 3,700-3,800. That extra weight might be the deciding factor.
wtf? really? the gto is giving up some big weight to the fbody
Yeah but the GTO also has a good power bump. The extra 400lbs is easily made up by the extra 40hp the car has. I'll even go to say that the GTO has better gearing both being A4s.

And even if the GTO is at a disadvantage somehow due to weight, it's not that much that the camaro would absolutely destroy it. It would pull on it sure, but not by a bus length.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:53 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by s346k
wtf? really? the gto is giving up some big weight to the fbody, especially given the fact that the driver doesn't appear to weigh but 90lbs soaking wet holding a brick. gto has a passenger, too. that in itself is prob a 200lb (passenger only) weight advantge to the fbod. now give the gto another 150lbs for being fat. now simply face the fact that the fbod is just faster (for unknown reasons) than the gto - and now you have the *** whippin we just saw.
You really should get out and run some people before commenting on how you think a race should go down in your theoretical world. I've done legit runs against at least 7 GTO's and a dozen+ LS1 Fbodies. And by that, I mean 7 different cars with dozens of races as we raced after every mod I or they installed to see where each stood in the pecking order. All of those were setup races with known mods. My GTO is nothing out of the ordinary when it was stock to full boltons: side by side with other similarly modded GTO's with driver and traction deciding the races. Basically the same with all the fbodies I raced, though there is a pretty large variance in the performance of the various fbodies LS1 cars made.

The one thing that stood out is how close a LS1 camaro/firebird is to a LS2 GTO regardless of where the race started or ended.

BTW: Might as well rehash all the other old but popular arguments while we are at it too, so here goes: LS1 GTO's are door to door with LS2 GTO's until higher speeds where the extra grunt slowly shows itself. A stock 2011 Mustang 5.0 is is door to door with a LS2 GTO until higher speeds where the extra grunt it has slowly shows itself. A stock C5 Z06 is door to door with a stock Terminator Cobra until higher speeds where the better areodynamics of the vette allow it to slowly pull away.

^^ Did I miss any popular arguments?
Old 11-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by redtan
Yeah but the GTO also has a good power bump. The extra 400lbs is easily made up by the extra 40hp the car has. I'll even go to say that the GTO has better gearing both being A4s.

And even if the GTO is at a disadvantage somehow due to weight, it's not that much that the camaro would absolutely destroy it. It would pull on it sure, but not by a bus length.
Since they were both auto's, how do you explain what we just saw?
Old 11-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight '01
Since they were both auto's, how do you explain what we just saw?
Simple. Either the camaro has enough mods to add 75+rwhp (sneaky pete maybe) or the GTO has something seriously wrong with it or it's driver.

BTW the only spot a stock'ish A4 GTO has problems versus a M6 is the 30-45mph range, and just over 70mph: both spots were it will not downshift and you have to torque out the higher gear. From a dig or good roll spot the M6 GTO's DO NOT PULL ON A4's. I've raced way too many GTO's (30+ if you count the random encounters on the street back when I was stock or close to stock).
Old 11-06-2011, 01:25 AM
TECH Resident

Great kill OP .. I would say the GTO driver was prolly not used to the car, or couldn't drive his GTO.. IMO the race should have been closer.. And man OP killer ride for being 16, like everyone else said becareful..
Old 11-06-2011, 08:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So to answer a few questions yes these cars have got way cheaper my frined just picked up a 6-speed z28 with under 100k on it for $4500, and I want a bump for what happend at the shop and the tune and what did it put down op?