Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

91 Z28 vs 98 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 Z28 vs 98 Z28

Title Defender: 91 Z28 with mods in signature
The Challenger: 98 Z28 with Borla catback, 4.10 gears, clutch & lightweight flywheel.

So this kid has had this car now for a little over a year, he bought it with all the mods on it from a friend of mine. I'd already destroyed him 6 months before he bought the 98 while he had an 84 camaro with a 350 dropped in. He would always talk smack on how he would beat me from a dig and just walk me from a roll but I could never get him to race me because he didn't want my friend with me to witness the race. Well last weekend he finally challenged me to a run not caring who witnessed it but by time I was able to run him he had went home.

Two nights ago I am chilling in our usual spot on the cruising road and low and behold he is out and taunting me so I give chase but he would not try anything as usual so I figured his ***** had shriveled back up and i return to my spot. He does want to race and I get a call from his passenger telling me to follow them and I have a friend jump in with me and we take a quick cruise to nowhere and agree to a dig and a roll.

The Dig:

He begins to stall his car up to what I am guessing is 2500 rpm and honk it off. After the third honk we both hammer down, me off dead idle and him stalled up which grants him to jump me out a half car as I bog from the launch and finally get to moving. It doesn't take long and by the top of first gear I have reeled him back in and put him at my bumper, I slam 2nd and the car gets a little sideways but my pull continues and I now have a good solid lead. Third gear comes and goes, as does 4th as I let off at 110 with what looks a good 5 car lead on him.

The Roll:

We agreed to a 20 roll, and I had tried to convince him to take the hit since I beat him from a dig but he swears with the way an Ls1 pulls on the roll he will have a chance. I take the hit starting in first gear right in my power and he didn't have any hesitation on responding. This roll just makes him look silly with me once again letting off at around 110 but the outcome is different.....instead of car lengths I have put a couple bus lengths on him.

So in the end he seemed like he had just had his world crushed and it felt like a bitter sweet victory for myself to silence his mouth since he would say I was too afraid to run him. If I can get the video from his passenger I'll post it up.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice, any dyno numbers or track times for your car?
Old 11-12-2011, 05:34 PM
On The Tree

In for video. Just to see your 91 run actually lol.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:54 AM
Staging Lane

Not a surprising outcome with your mods, good job fellow 3rd gen owner!