Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Agreed

The z06 tops out at 198 and the zr1 tops out at 205... FAIL on your part
oops on the ZR1. But 198 isn't 200mph+.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MTN_Z
There's no doubt it will be an awesome car. Some of us more open-minded car owners don't mind hearing about Fords and the like. I would totally consider purchasing one of the new GT500s. Ohio's Ford nut riding is pretty hilarious though.
I really really like the Gt500 especially in those photos. We had a 08 grey with grey wheels and just loved the look. Too bad driving it immediatly noticed the regular LS3 vette would pull without a doubt on it. Just way too heavy and gearing seemed wide. Would i still love to own one, hell ya. I do agree with above the traction is a major issue with the GT500 and unless they figure out a way to put wider rims and tires and better suspension that 650hp rating is useless and would be hard to put down that power.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
IS it out yet..Oh that right nope.
So it hasn't raced anybody to warrant a post in the street racing thread??
Old 11-16-2011, 03:30 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dark SS
So it hasn't raced anybody to warrant a post in the street racing thread??
Bingo!! Someone get this man a cookie
Old 11-16-2011, 03:32 PM
9 Second Club

IS it out yet..Oh that right nope. But I could..But being i will be making more power I will hold off. Plus I wouldn't buy it till see what it could actually do. Some testing etc.
Brag when you actually have it, k.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Arent there already 2 threads about this?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automotiv...p-200-mph.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/racers-lo...ave-650hp.html

QUICK SPREAD THIS TO ALL NON TECH SECTIONS THERE MIGHT BE PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW YET
Old 11-16-2011, 03:41 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 88blackgt

QUICK SPREAD THIS TO ALL NON TECH SECTIONS THERE MIGHT BE PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW YET
Holy Relentless Repost Batman!!
Old 11-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Banned

Isnt the 2013 zr1 going to have 850hp?
Old 11-16-2011, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL @ OP. You completely fail at making and posting in threads. You're giving Mustang owners a bad name by being here. I have absolutely no problems with Mustang owners being here, because most actually post constructive threads and dont act like a 15 year old high school girl just looking for drama and arguements, but you sir... Fail. Why do you even come here? Just to start fights and pretend like your almighty 5.0 is better than anything else on the road? Get over yourself and stay off the internet.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Oh and a top speed of 200mph. Looks like you Camaro boys get kicked in the nuts again.

First by the 5.0. Then oh wait till the ZL1 comes. But wait for it. BANG. Again GM drops the ball and Ford comes back even better.
That is yet to be seen. Improved suspension/launch control. We will just have to see. more hp vs lighter weight. On and a top speed out the box of 200pmh+. Yep Z06 don't have that. Wait neither does the ZR1.

Also since when is the mustang made to compete with a Z06/ZR1? But do what makes you feel better.

On the repost. Sorry.
IS it out yet..Oh that right nope. But I could..But being i will be making more power I will hold off. Plus I wouldn't buy it till see what it could actually do. Some testing etc.
Let me get this straight.

You're ok concluding it's superior by comparing estimated figures to actual figures when it concerns some cars (ones you don't own) which are already being sold, but when it comes to comparing it to your car you say "Is it out yet... nope... Plus I wouldn't buy it till see what it could actually do. Some testing etc."

Man I'm glad you play for Ford
Old 11-16-2011, 04:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by karpetcm
I really really like the Gt500 especially in those photos. We had a 08 grey with grey wheels and just loved the look. Too bad driving it immediatly noticed the regular LS3 vette would pull without a doubt on it. Just way too heavy and gearing seemed wide. Would i still love to own one, hell ya. I do agree with above the traction is a major issue with the GT500 and unless they figure out a way to put wider rims and tires and better suspension that 650hp rating is useless and would be hard to put down that power.
That and it doesn't help the early GT500s that the LS3 Vettes are stupid fast in stock form. The GT500s are definitely nice looking rides and can move out with the right mods though.

As far as the '13 GT500 goes, we won't know its true capabilities until it comes out. Pointless thread.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:05 PM
Staging Lane

Dude your hilarious..
Old 11-16-2011, 04:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Camaro_94
LOL @ OP. You completely fail at making and posting in threads. You're giving Mustang owners a bad name by being here. I have absolutely no problems with Mustang owners being here, because most actually post constructive threads and dont act like a 15 year old high school girl just looking for drama and arguements, but you sir... Fail. Why do you even come here? Just to start fights and pretend like your almighty 5.0 is better than anything else on the road? Get over yourself and stay off the internet.
Agreed. This place would fail horribly if we didn't have owners of other platforms in here helping out with cross education. It makes things way more fun. We are all car enthusiasts any way you slice it. Turning everything into drama with brand loyal opinions is a waste.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OP ever heard two wrongs dont make a right? fail post. with an fail excuse of posting it. and failing in awareness since apparently everyone here knew about the new stang before you did..
Old 11-16-2011, 04:25 PM
On The Tree

gotta admit, Ford is on top of their game..... the GT500 is bad..
Old 11-16-2011, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Camaro_94

LoL, he does it just to yank ya'll's chain.

You should see him flipping it around and touting the LS engines on Mustang websites.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:42 PM
Teching In

That is yet to be seen. Improved suspension/launch control. We will just have to see. more hp vs lighter weight. On and a top speed out the box of 200pmh+. Yep Z06 don't have that. Wait neither does the ZR1.

Also since when is the mustang made to compete with a Z06/ZR1? But do what makes you feel better.

On the repost. Sorry.
Both the Z06 and ZR1 can do 200+ what are you talking about??
Old 11-16-2011, 05:27 PM
12 Second Club

Look Ohio, we know you get your dick hard when you hear the word Mustang. Some of us hear really like that car, some guys won't (personally I LOVE it). It's going to be bonkers fast for a factory Mustang. But please, stop being an annoying douchefuck and learn to post **** where it belongs. We all know you don't contribute anything to this site outside of this section (if you can even call your fanboy-ism "contributing"...which I wouldn't), so please, do us all a favor and learn how to use the forum. As stated, it's a repost. You should have looked around the site for a thread in the proper section before you busted a nut posting it in the SR&K section. Seriously, your **** gets old. Don't bother trying to call me an LSX/GM fanboy either, because most of the usuals around here know I am the exact opposite, I can appreciate just about anything. But seriously, you obviously just want to start **** by posting this kind of thing (with that title) in the harshest section on this site. I mean seriously, it doesn't take a genius to realize that overweight and underpowered cow of a Camaro will be getting slaughtered by this new GT500, but I know you couldn't contain the rager in your pants any longer and had to let it out.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dark SS
The ZL1 is a joke at 4200 lbs. I have always thought it wasn't any thing more than another parking lot cruiser for old men who want to brag about HP. Ford has brought out an impressive engine but tell me how they plan to fix the traction issue the 550 HP GT500 had with the same size tires. The Z06 will still beat it on the street and at the track with 145 HP less. Try again ford. Keep humping your pony and flexing your stang muscles on an LS site, you almost have us converted.
Why the **** would you compare a Mustang to a Z06? Face it, GM doesn't and hasn't had **** for the Mustang since 2003. They should have let the Fbody die in 2002, bring it back was a failure.

I think the best thing GM can do is like they did in the beginning...wait until Ford puts out the Mustang and then copy it. That's the only way they will stay on top.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:41 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not that it matters, but technically the new Camaro isnt a F-Body.

Quick Reply: 650hp 2013 GT500. ZL1 killer