Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

my bolt on c5 vs. E85 cammed and modded evo 8

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 06:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my bolt on c5 vs. E85 cammed and modded evo 8

well my buddy just got his car up and going with the finished e85 tune on his evo. His car made 360 awhp on e85, so it is no doubt a very good running car. we just had one clean run because of traffic. we went from a 20 roll to about 115. His car has cams, bigger intercooler and all the bolt on stuff. runs on e85 and makes 30lbs of boost. My car is a 01 c5 with tpis stainless headers high flow cats, cat back and a cold air filter.

So we line up from a 20 roll, which i was taching about 2k.

He honks it off and gets the jump. Jumps out a little more than a car on me from the git go. I slowly pull a tad back and when we shut down my nose was right at his bumper.

From the power he is making I am happy with the death. However, there will be a cam in my car not long from now.....
Old 11-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Staging Lane

very nice, this makes me happy as i just picked up a 99 coupe this morning and will be putting full bolt ons in the car by the end of the week. very respectable and a different outcome than i expected
Old 11-26-2011, 07:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 06cobaltSS
very nice, this makes me happy as i just picked up a 99 coupe this morning and will be putting full bolt ons in the car by the end of the week. very respectable and a different outcome than i expected
im pleased with the results also, the car seems to run really well.

Quick Reply: my bolt on c5 vs. E85 cammed and modded evo 8