Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bolt-on C6 Z06 vs. World Record (9.97@137mph)

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 11:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I never said it came in my car. I never said my car was stock. I said the engines is. How many times we gotta go over this?

What gas did it take for the 5.0 to do that? What compression was it at? Guranteed it was'nt on pump.

ya see ws here's the deal. I'm not thick as you say. If I was I would've thrown a big cam, big rearend and virtually gutted my car a long time ago to try to get a number out of it. I look for other ways, the thick person does redunant **** over and over with virtually the same result. And as far as me and anyone else who actually drives there car out of a confined enviroment alternative fuels are not really a viable option yet. Believe me if there was other cost effective/conveinent options I would be on it. This is where the 5.0 starts losing out. It simply is not big enough to make the power it takes to get there with out help. To me the "thick" person would say ...put some race gas in it to make it go.

Back to the topic.....this zo6 rocks!
So it wasn't using the gas you used it don't count? Kinda like the whole E85 thing again. What fuel was in the Z06? I can t ell you 93 but doesn't mean they didn't throw C16 or something else in also. So since they put cams and stuff in it stroked the engine .2 and ported stock heads it is a race car. You might want to tell the few that are doing the same build for there street driven 5.0's. And if complain about a face planted tranny then you have a race car.

So looks like the 5.0 is big enough to make it happen. It has went 9's stroked and 10's with bolt ons and lower 10's with cams. Made over 500whp with just bolt ons and cams and 550whp the way they ran 9's. Yep sounds like they have enough to get it done with no blower or spray.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick
Yes, really. Look at what I quoted you saying, you said stock, not stock production. You are not using the stock engine that came in your car...just throwing some fuel on the fire before you get all worked up over some offtopic ****.

How is it not mild? The rest of the setup may not be, trans, gutted, etc. but how is the engine (which is all I am talking about here) not mild?

Little extra stroke
custom cams
ported stock heads
factory manifold swap (BOSS)
and some more bolt-ons

...That sounds very similar to a budget 383 LS1 build. Someone just wants a little extra power, throws some ported LS6 heads with an LS6 intake, bolt ons, custom grind cam along with the new rotating assembly and you have a VERY similar build as the Mustang's, just on a different platform.

As I said before, but it needs restating because you are a little thick, I am just talking about the motor, not the rest of the car.
Its always a race car and a race engine or gas when its not in his favor.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WSsick says it best...''you live the life sir''...and killemall beating ride...awesome...wow, you own a lp570-4 and talk about sitting in a aventador, man must be nice RSKY...lolol...the lp640-4 and SV sound incredible, though the aventador is superior it doesn't sound any where near as good...
Old 12-08-2011, 03:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I never said it came in my car. I never said my car was stock. I said the engines is. How many times we gotta go over this?
Ok, you're not thick; you're just stupid. You don't even realize what I am saying when I am using YOUR OWN WORDS.

What gas did it take for the 5.0 to do that? What compression was it at? Guranteed it was'nt on pump.
I have no idea what gas was in it, but are you going to cry if it's pump? You'll probably just go try to find another excuse...

I could say that E85 and race gas comes from a pump around gas stations to bother you, but I already know how much you bitch about that. Just because it isn't abundant around you doesn't mean it isn't elsewhere, so your argument is invalid STILL.

ya see ws here's the deal. I'm not thick as you say. If I was I would've thrown a big cam, big rearend and virtually gutted my car a long time ago to try to get a number out of it. I look for other ways, the thick person does redunant **** over and over with virtually the same result. And as far as me and anyone else who actually drives there car out of a confined enviroment alternative fuels are not really a viable option yet. Believe me if there was other cost effective/conveinent options I would be on it. This is where the 5.0 starts losing out. It simply is not big enough to make the power it takes to get there with out help.
No, you are that thick. You cannot accept that not everyone wants to daily drive their "fun" car, and therefore does not need to make the car suited for DD'ing. People buy and mod their cars for their own reasons, and you just can't swallow that. The new 5.0 is making GREAT power with that small motor. That 318ci stroker made 550rwhp, a good amount of 400+ci LSX strokers don't make that kind of power, and look at all the extra cubes! [Before you bitch, obviously each motor has it's ad and disadvantages...what the 5.0 makes in HP it gives in TQ.] To some, straight-line speed is all that matters. They don't care about it taking a corner or being a little loud inside the cabin because they just want to go fast. You have other reasons, as does everyone...what you can't fathom is that THAT IS OK AND WHAT DRIVES THIS HOBBY!

To me the "thick" person would say ...put some race gas in it to make it go.
Why? Because it makes more power too easily? Or is it just because you can't afford to run it like other people. Just because it doesn't suite your needs or wants doesn't mean it's the same for everyone else. You are thick/stupid because you deem anything that doesn't meet your standards/can smoke you a "racecar" or some other BS excuse.

Last edited by WSsick; 12-08-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Ur a dumbass ws....just that plain and simple. You better stay in school a long time and try to overcome your comprehension issues.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ur a dumbass ws....just that plain and simple. You better stay in school a long time and try to overcome your comprehension issues.
Riiiiiight.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

So a C6Z went 9.9 with bolt-on's. WTF does that have to do with a 5.2L mustang?

Children, children...
Old 12-09-2011, 09:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by RSKY
599 GTO is sick. I'd take one of those over the 458 as well. But the price range makes me feel like I should just get the Aventador. I sat in a 599 GTB and the interior was kinda plain while the Aventador interior had a cockpit feel to it. Nothing like it. LP-700.
you have great "TASTE" in cars. there's is more than numbers. There is SOUL. something a viper, a lot of ferrari's and other of the ilk do not have.

lambo's seem to own the word.....'soul'
Old 12-10-2011, 12:23 AM
Staging Lane

ASSASINATOR...thanks for that, lambo's do have a hell of a lot of soul...at least somebody likes what i like.
FIREBIRDTRANSAM...that red WS6 is ...GORGEOUS..
Old 12-11-2011, 11:55 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who tunes his car?
Old 12-11-2011, 02:03 PM
TECH Regular

I prefer the looks of the R8 over the Gallardo. JMO.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Once modded its free game. Plus it was ran at -1400 da. One wasn't. Hell the mustang would have been mid 9s if had that da. Plus the vette even has some weight reduction just unknown all what done.
What was the weight of that Mustang again? And what were the track conditions for the Mustang? Go look them up. Then feel free to retract all your arguments from this thread.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by FirebirdTransAm
So a C6Z went 9.9 with bolt-on's. WTF does that have to do with a 5.2L mustang?

Children, children...
Nothing really....other than it really butt hurts the ford guys when a stock gm longblock designed to run 100+k runs with their full built stuff.

I like the 5.0. I'm just not awe inspired by it like alot are. It is by far the best effort Ford has put out in a long time.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, just wow. Thanks for posting this.
Originally Posted by Lucas1351
yep. i was there that day. my 99 z28 auto with bolt-ons(no headers) went 12.14@111.7 with 1.67 60'. track was hooking surprisingly well
Yeah I'm going to try "sans headers" next time out too! I hate the fact that I'm waiting till spring now .
Old 12-12-2011, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nothing really....other than it really butt hurts the ford guys when a stock gm longblock designed to run 100+k runs with their full built stuff.

I like the 5.0. I'm just not awe inspired by it like alot are. It is by far the best effort Ford has put out in a long time.
I agree on it being a great effort. I think they succeeded at what they were aiming for and then some. I have not wanted a Ford since the 03/04 Cobra. The '11 GT had me considering an early purchase for sure . It's probably going to end up being a used c6 now, or if the girlfriend is cool with it-ZL1. I'm not holding my breath
Old 12-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Staging Lane

DiscerningZ32...i'll take a audi r8 gt myself, but really love the LFA...

Quick Reply: Bolt-on C6 Z06 vs. World Record (9.97@137mph)